Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEducate me about 4b hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Hair ViVi

Author
bellefro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2008 at 11:01am

4B hair for the most part doesn't shine much in its natural state, is fairly dry and have to be/kept well moisturized to avoid brittleness or breakage-very proned to breakage because it's always thirsty for moisture. 4B hair doesn't have any large visible curls in my opinion -looks more like a cloud or clump  of hair, the only way folks with this texture can get curls is from a style like twistouts/braidouts. Also, those with 4B hair usually can wear most natural braided/twist styles very well without it ever unravelling, but this hair type can dred more easier I think. Well, maybe I'm describing my mainly 4B+ hair. But, most albums I've explored with similar hair texture might say something similar.

Sponsored Links

MizzCat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2008 at 12:08am
thanks
naturalmane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2008 at 9:39am
Here is a site with pics. I *think* it might be 4b, but I don't know.

http://nappyme.wordpress.com/cnapy-albums/
MizzCat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2008 at 11:47pm
Ok I understand what they look like now, some of them do look like tight tight small curls, very interesting... thanks!
RunninRabbit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 11:24am
after seeing diff ppl's hair types im gonna start claiming 4b. its not that it doesnt curl its actually the curliest type of hair to me. its just that on each strand the curls are erratic. the curl loops, bends, turns and curls at different points on the strands and does so with such frequency that the strands do not clump into a visible wave or curl. ppl with "curly" hair have such because their curls are looser and more uniform and can clump or roll together.
bellefro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2008 at 12:28pm
You've perfectly described 4B hair RunninRabbit imo. Dependinging on which strands on my hair you look at/pull, I have some loose S's, some Z's and other strands that are very tight-really looks like tiny pencil-sized coils. So yes, this hair type does have a pattern (has tendencies to be all over the place), it's just that the curls are not as clearly/obviously defined as those with looser textures that clump together. With most very curly/spirally/wavy textures, it's easier to identify and call it as such. BUt with 4B hair, you really have to look at individual strands to see the actual pattern...you can basically look at my hair (loose) and tell I don't have curly, spirally or whatever hair if that makes sense.  
MizzCat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:01pm
Thanks!!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:20pm
i'll try to post pics of my hair... i see i have to come to the natural section to catch rr
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2008 at 5:28pm
I agree with run and bellefro. My 4b strand coils is all over the place. The patterns isn't consistent.

Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic