Perfect Hair Collection

Edges out - Braid pattern

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edges out - Braid pattern
    Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 5:40pm
I've combed the internet looking for a braid pattern for kinky curly hair sew-in with the edges out. I only come up with a video that uses the net technique.
(also found a bhm link from 2009 but the pics are gone!) 

Can someone PLEASE share a pattern with me that will allow me to spare my already thin edges? This will be my first virgin hair weave install and I need to show my stylist. I will post pics of the hair and also when I'm done. Please?

I need either a video or a drawing/picture
Sponsored Links

solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 7:53pm
are you planning to wear ponytails? if not then i would braid them up or leave only the very front part of your edges out. when i wear kinky curly i go for the beehive if i plan to leave edges out for a pony or just straight back if not. 
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 7:55pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

Repost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKL5Fn7x9zM
It's really hard to understand. Plus she mentions that there are other instructions for people with thin edges, so it doesn't seem to be the right video...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 8:46pm
Any other pattern? I've watched it several times and I still don't get it
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:27pm
this is the easiest braid pattern and will definitely give you the most versatility ! what arent you understanding about it ?

pretty much if you have thin edges you be the judge of how much or how little hair you should leave out.. if your edges are thin then i (personally) would leave out a little more hair so you can care for them... but if you would rather not deal with them then braid them up but dont braid so tight. 

you can really braid the inner part of your hair however you want as long as the braids feel flat..the most important part for using this method is to MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ONE PERIMETER BRAID... meaning.. there should be one single braid circled around your head directly behind your leave out.. also known as the anchor braid.. the rest of your hair you can braid in a snake like pattern.. you can do it in two circles like the video shows... you can braid straight backs and flip the ends up into the braid next to it.. etc... get creative with it !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:29pm
if you show your stylist that video i am sure she will understand.. just let her know if you want more or less hair out around your perimeter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

this is the easiest braid pattern and will definitely give you the most versatility ! what arent you understanding about it ?

pretty much if you have thin edges you be the judge of how much or how little hair you should leave out.. if your edges are thin then i (personally) would leave out a little more hair so you can care for them... but if you would rather not deal with them then braid them up but dont braid so tight. 

you can really braid the inner part of your hair however you want as long as the braids feel flat..the most important part for using this method is to MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ONE PERIMETER BRAID... meaning.. there should be one single braid circled around your head directly behind your leave out.. also known as the anchor braid.. the rest of your hair you can braid in a snake like pattern.. you can do it in two circles like the video shows... you can braid straight backs and flip the ends up into the braid next to it.. etc... get creative with it !

OK. I didn't understand the concept of the perimeter braid. I will show this to my stylist on Friday. and ask her if she can do it.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 14 2013 at 10:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:39pm
good luck! be sure to post pics! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply