Perfect Hair Collection

Edges 4b-ers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
solo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edges 4b-ers
    Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:16pm
4b hair types...what are your go to products for slicking down your edges? Eco styler doesn't do ish for me.

Other hairtypes can chime in.
Sponsored Links

510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 4:11pm
whatever I used normally work for me bc I have fine thin hair I can use castro oil and  water and it'llwork
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 4:34pm
Water with eco-styler and a scarf for about 30 minutes works for me.
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:50pm
when i wore my edges out for weaves/cornrows, i tried the gel by itself?

didn't work.

What did work was using eco-styler, tie it down (with a silk scarf) as Miss Natural Chick stated, and for that extra "umph" to keep it laid down?  get under the dryer for about 15 mins.

That was the only way my edges stayed down.

And of course, when the beautician didn't have the eco-styler handy, yeah.. i admit it.. i resorted to the brown (Pro-amino) gel..Dead (it worked)...

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 9:16pm
Eco styler ain't Ish! Don't get the hype but whatevs. Now if you want sumthin that keeps your edges snatched, smooth and shiny I suggest Hicks Edge taming gel. Its the best! Keeps my edges slick for 3 days without touchups! Doesn't flake or itch either. My second choice is Keracare edge tamer, its good but it doesnt give me that shine that Hicks does. Both expensive but a little goes a long way.
strawhonebeauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote strawhonebeauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 3:41pm
That xtreme wetline gel (white 10+ and regular clear) laayys my hair so slick. I don't even need a scarf, and it dries quick. Barely any white flakes or gunks. Plus its cheap. Eco was good to me but it left my hair wet for too long and then had the nerve to gunk n flake quickly. Im def like a 4a /4c . Im going to try to post pics.

(1st post as a natural, haven't been oon here for years. Just lurking. But hey guys!!!)
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 5:27pm
Dr Miracles Edge Control
Argan Oil Edge Control

I use a moisturizer or leave in, brush and tie the edges down.
After a bit I use any of the above edge control gels and then tie it down again and badda bing badda slick!
Good luck!~
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:47am
Paul Mitchell tea tree grooming pomade... Lord that's the best! I've been working on the same jar for 2 years. It keeps my edges laid for days
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:31am
i use the eco style gel plus the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie... but i think any curl enhancer will do, i think the trick is to use a thicker product. 
natosha99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natosha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 2:44pm
I found this helpful. I also have problems laying down my hair. The hair on my head is a combo of 3C/4A but my edges have a mind of their own.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>