BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dry Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eczema

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
leelee82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leelee82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 10:02pm
NEEM SOAP and SHEA BUTTER.
You can get neem soap at health food store.  

Both neem oil and neem leaf are fantastic skin care ingredients:

• Neem relieves dry skin.
  • It soothes itchines, redness and irritation.
  • It improves general skin health and immunity, combating bacterial infections, as in acne, boils and ulcers.

But neem doesn't promote resistance in bacteria. Antibiotics are over-prescribed and are becoming blunt as a weapon in our fight against diseases. Neem is an interesting alternative, and one that will never stop working.

One of the top neem benefits is that it lets you avoid harsh chemicals and nasty insecticides when treating conditions like

Sponsored Links

Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 10:06pm
I use hemp body butter and body wash from the bodyshop for mine

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 10:06pm
I've struggled with eczema as a child and I've had a few flare-ups as an adult.

Honey works like a charm! I had eczema on my hands, so I'd slather honey on 'em, tie some plastic bags around my hands and leave it on for at least an hour, it works!
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 10:17pm
I know this may sound weird but plain regular crisco really helps my eczema. It rarely flares & if it does it's just a little bit. After I get our of the shower I put some on.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 10:45pm
avoid known triggers. keep area moist/clean. avoid scratching.
During a flare up, i use shae butter right after i get out the shower. Also, if you have hard water, avoid taking too many showers, the metals in the water could be triggering your flare ups
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by graceful_aka graceful_aka wrote:

I know this will get moved, but ya'll are still gonna see it.  Do any of you have eczema or have a child with it? What do you use on it? My daughter has had it on the backs of her upper thighs since she was 6 months old.  She's been prescribed streoids and Elidel and that sh*t ain't working.  It did for awhile and now it's back with a vengeance.  It may not be so bad if she didn't scratch in her sleep, but she does.  One leg has a very angry patch and all I can do it slather on coconut oil and olive oil to keep it moisturized.  What helps with the itching? Agh, I'm losing my mind over dry skin patches. What has my life come to? LOL

I grew out of mine.  Have you tried pure shea butter?  Or is she allergic to latex?  If so, then a pure butter will work.  Some people have resorted to Crisco, which is hydrogenated palm oil if I am not mistaken.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:39pm
Bleach baths then paint affected areas with Milk of Magnesia and let dry. Leave on overnight.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 6:17am
bump

Edited by eanaj5 - Dec 31 2013 at 10:51am
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 8:08am
Raw seed hemp butter, haven't had a flare up since....
ohmyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ohmyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 9:26am
I have not signed in for a while, but I had to for this.

My daughter for years have been dealing with  severe eczema.  Her skin was extremely dry, cracked, rough,scaly and discolored.  It had gotten to the point that she would wake up at night scratching until she bled and had sores around her angles and leg. I would go in her room and find scabs and blood on her sheets.  I took her to her predication and they just kept giving her steroid prescription, I hated I had to place Steroids on my young child.  One of the most heart breaking thing was hearing her scream and cry in pain if I applied most commercial lotions on her even the steroid cream ( I now only use organic or natural products like pure Shea butter, olive oil or Vaseline).  After years of going to different doctors and trying different creams. I took her to a dermatologist that told me the best thing and it works,  Water Treatments!

Water treatment for eczema

1. Soak child in tub 3 times a day for  5-10 minutes
2. If the eczema is on upper back and arms, put a long sleeve shirt on child while in tub and soak the shirt, this will keep the skin moist.
3. After the child is removed form tub, rub fragrant free moisturizer on skin, olive or Shea butter are best.

Within the first 24 hours you will see a difference in your child's skin.

When your buy products for your child make sure you read the ingredients no matter how nice the bottle look.  You will be surprised with the amount of dangerous chemicals are in lotions and moisturizer. There is a web site that you can use that tells you want is in your health, but I am not sure if I am able to post it.

I hope this helps , I know it made a huge difference for my daughter

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System