FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eczema

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
graceful_aka View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceful_aka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eczema
    Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:07pm
I know this will get moved, but ya'll are still gonna see it.  Do any of you have eczema or have a child with it? What do you use on it? My daughter has had it on the backs of her upper thighs since she was 6 months old.  She's been prescribed streoids and Elidel and that sh*t ain't working.  It did for awhile and now it's back with a vengeance.  It may not be so bad if she didn't scratch in her sleep, but she does.  One leg has a very angry patch and all I can do it slather on coconut oil and olive oil to keep it moisturized.  What helps with the itching? Agh, I'm losing my mind over dry skin patches. What has my life come to? LOL
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:09pm
Organic Coconut Oil FTW!

... and I generally mix it with Aveeno lotion

Edited by Alias_Avi - Mar 05 2011 at 11:10pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceful_aka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Organic Coconut Oil FTW!

... and I generally mix it with Aveeno lotion
Ah Aveeno. Haven't tried that. Does it help with the itchies? I have three tubs of OCO from the farmer's market around here. She may turn into a coconut by the time all of this is said and done. LOL
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:17pm
google.. 
bath w/ bleach..
my auntie is a pediatrician and she tells her parents to do this for their kids w/ eczema.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:26pm
Trimethylcone something or other cream works pretty good.

I try not to take hot showers or baths so I won't try out my skin.

I get it sometimes in one area. I will try out using natural oils next time it pops up.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceful_aka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:29pm
Wow! I had not heard of that before.  I want to wake her up and try it now. I feel so bad for her itching in her sleep. Will be trying tomorrow. Thanks nyc. I could use my insomnia to go get some Aveeno for afterwards though. 
Night_jasmine View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night_jasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:53pm
unscented lotions like unscented aveeno, cetaphil,....

this is really good
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graceful_aka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Night_jasmine Night_jasmine wrote:

unscented lotions like unscented aveeno, cetaphil,....

this is really good
Thanks! ANd it has a coupon! Yippee!
sugarhigh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugarhigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 12:14am

hope this helps your little one Embarrassed

So can manuka honey help relief the symptoms of eczema?
In theory it can. And an increasing amount of people report to have good results with the topical use of manuka honey on their eczema outbreaks. This natural remedy has demonstrated to stop and cure infections and reduce inflammation. It is antibacterial, promotes wound healing and stimulates new tissue growth.

Is there any clinical evidence for the benefits of manuka honey on eczema?
No. Not yet (as far as I am aware). The website of the world renowned Waikato University shows that the current research interests of their Honey Research Unit include: Clinical trial of honey for treating eczema This means that clinical trials are planned or currently being undertaken to measure the effectiveness of honey as a treatment for eczema.

How Does Manuka Honey Help Relieve Eczema Symptoms?
Honey contains hydrogen peroxide, a substance once used as a wound disinfectant in hospitals. It comes from an enzyme that bees add to nectar. It also contains the enzyme glucose oxidase, which boosts its anti-bacterial properties.

Compared with normal honey manuka honey has that other, additional property often labeled as UMF, MGO, or Molan Gold. This unique feature is responsible for its powerful antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory action. It has also shown to moisturize, repair and soothe dry, cracked skin. Furthermore it boosts new skin growth and has demonstrated to be able to heal seemingly incurable wounds.

Manuka Honey also has strong antibacterial properties which helps eliminate infection when the protective barrier of the skin is destroyed by eczema. When the skin is dry and cracked, bacteria can easily penetrate the outer layer of the skin, causing infection. Manuka Honey’s natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties eliminate this concern.

Another major benefit of using manuka honey for eczema is that there are no known side effects. Unlike the steroids and cortisone creams often used for eczema.

How To Use Manuka Honey on Eczema?
Applying a potent manuka honey straight from the jar can be a sticky and somewhat messy matter. Therefore it’s recommended to cover the treated area with a breathable bandage, film, or other occlusive.

Possibly more convenient would be to use a manuka honey cream although the strength may be less than pure honey because of additional ingredients. A good cream (actually not a cream because it contains 100% sterile manuka honey) is 20+ Sterile Manuka Honey Wound Management Cream

http://www.manukabenefits.com/does-manuka-honey-help-eczema#more-305

silentstorm09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silentstorm09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 1:06am
I use Triamclnolone Acetondie Cream for my eczema and I then seal it in with vasiline or shea butter. It works very well, as well as taking quick warm showers.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>