Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eczema
    Posted: Jul 10 2010 at 7:56pm
To those who suffer from eczema, how are you dealing with it? What are you using and how severe is it? Mine is so itchy and painful...I hate it!!! It's worse than having dark spots!!!!!!!!!! ( and I have those too )

I just can't catch a break!
Sponsored Links

leelee82 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 11:24am
I've had eczema ALL my life and mine is TOTALLY under control and I will tell you the best thing I found to keep it that way.

-Neem soap
-Shea butter

If you break out, use Neem soap (you can get some at trader joes or whole foods) to wash the area and then moisturize with shea butter. I saw 10000% improvement and now when i rarely have a flair up I do  this Thumbs%20Up
HTH
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 2:25pm
I always use shea butter and I still get flare ups every now and then! I also use a natural soap without all those chemicals because my skin is sensitive.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2010 at 9:52pm
Milk of Magnesia overnite (after it dries of course) is a cheap treatment.
BonitaApplebaum View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2010 at 9:16pm
My eczema gets on my nerves sooooo bad I had to get perscription medicine. Sorry, i dont feel anything works better. At least to clear it up to a certain extent, then everything else will work to keep it at bay.
I grease up every morning in olive oil.
Suave Oatmeal Lotion worked really well when I had flare ups before I went to the derm. It is extremely cheap and it works very, very, well.
Chaim-Naphasch View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2010 at 8:07am
i totaly feel your. i can honestly say that i tried alomst everything in this world to get rid of my eczema and the dark spots (hyperpigmentation) that come with it. from shea butter to miracle creams i ordered form the internet, i tried it all. cortision works the best, but as we know it has a lot of side effects and as soon as you stop using it, the skin flares up again. right now im using elidel - its a presciption cream. it works almost like cortision, but doesnt have the side effects- its pretty expensive though. make sure to drink a lot of water and try to check on what you daily eat. i noticed if i eat a lot of candies and sour food my mouth start to itch ( i have eczema right about my lips).i also recommend you to do an allergy test , maybe there are certain food that lead to the flare ups
NewzRingzBellz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 9:03pm
i also have the worst relationship wit my eczema...my mom use to use a eucerin on me wen i was small n that works great. when i got older i moved to fla n the sun is the best treatment for me i had no flear up or acne! moved bak to nyc now idk what to do the eucerin works sometimes but it now makes me break out BAD. i hav been tryin the olive oil n its looking like the new savor. i also want to get my hand on some jamaican black soap because i hear its great for clearing acne...dose anyone know about the black soap?
DarkEyes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2010 at 10:09pm
I've had eczema since I was a child, and it's terrible.  I have very sensitive skin so I have to be very careful what I use.  African black soap (or other natural soaps) and shea butter are the only things that keeps it under control for me.  For the few times it does flare, I use Dermarest and that has worked the fastest as far as soothing the irritation.

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2010 at 3:26pm
Yeah black soap and shea butter does wonders for my skin. they are the staples in my skin care routine.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic