BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Ebola Outbreak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 10:24pm
Is this sh*t in Houston yet?

Ever since "Outbreak" came out, I've decided it if it makes it to America, I'm quarantining myself.

I have a sh*t ton of sick days to use at work
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if i could wear a face mask flying, I would

I saw someone doing that last week.

on my way back from china...the entire plane was hacking and sniffling....i wanted to jump out the window. At one point, a chinese kid dozed off and next thing i knew his head was propped on the edge of my shoulder. He had been one of those coughing too. lawdamercDeady. I changed seats a few minutes later...
two africans on that trip also had that horrible whooping hacking cough o...i notice they stayed to themselves and wore heavy denim jackets even in the sweltering summer heat.
travelling is no joke...we have no idea whats out there
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 2:47pm
I REALLY wish I can post the video but this morning on the news they were talking about the updates regarding the man that already came to Atlanta to be treated and the woman who's on her way today. As they are talking about the symptoms and the amount of those infected in Africa, this "expert/doctor" who happens to be an "Ebola survivor" comes on. He starts talking about how he was infected with the disease back in the day and he miraculously got better after 6 weeks. Then the million dollar question came up: if Mr. White Man was able to survive and make a full recovery, why can't the same treatment be used on the hundreds that are sick in Africa? Then this other "expert" comes on saying "we'll that would be risky because we're still testing and we're not certain if survivors were able to fight the disease off on their own or if they're recovery was a result of the treatment meds, which is still in testing (-__-)

This is why I say that white people are THE damn devil. 
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Anyone know why they chose The facilities in Atlanta?

Because based on 2012's census, out of 443,775 people, 54% are black.

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

somebody behind the scenes is creating all of this viral nonsense...and of course this started in africa also..
i hate people

Just like the mysterious strain of tuberculosis spreading in the Skid Row, in Dowtown LA that is killing..... only homeless people. DTLA is going through gentrification fyi.

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

so...they gave the US doctor a serum, which essentially saved his life, while he was on route back to the US...
is there a reason the other ebola victims cant get this serum?

Because they want to grow the virus in a lab and spread to kill SOME people.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 12:52pm

American dies in Liberia as Ebola outbreak closes borders - BUT HE DID NOT HAVE EBOLA

A young American man died Wednesday in Liberia, where an outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus has reached historic levels. But, his family said, it wasn't the disease that took his life.

Nathaniel Dennis from Columbia, Maryland died at Aspen Medical in Sinkor, Liberia after spending a week in a coma. His death followed a frantic battle by his family to evacuate the 24-year-old to better equipped medical facilities outside of Liberia, a task that proved impossible amid the region's Ebola outbreak even after he tested negative for the deadly disease.

"This could have been prevented and now an American citizen is gone," his older sister Natasha Dennis tweeted Wednesday, adding in a separate post, "My brother did NOT have Ebola but he was a victim of EBOLA HYSTERIA."

denniscrop.jpg
Nathaniel Dennis and his sister Natasha
Courtesy of Natasha Dennis

In an interview with CBS News, Natasha said she and her family still don't know why her brother fell ill. Their mother, a Liberian who left the country during its civil wars but later returned, found Nathaniel comatose in their home in Monrovia. Born in the U.S., Nathaniel had been visiting his mother with his siblings on a summer trip, but had decided to stay after he found a job at a local radio station. When his mother found him late last week, Natasha said, he was lying stiff with his eyes rolled back, still breathing. Objects in his room had been knocked over, leading his family to believe he had suffered seizures before falling into a coma.

With concerns about Ebola rising, Nathaniel was placed in quarantine at JFK Medical Center in Monrovia. After what his sister described as three critical days, he tested negative for the virus and was released from quarantine, but his condition had taken a turn for the worse. He needed equipment and expertise his family said were inaccessible at the hospital, like a ventilator and a dialysis machine.

According to his family, Dennis was born three months premature and required a shunt in his brain, and while it is not yet clear whether that contributed to his condition, his family wanted to get him to a qualified neurologist - care Natasha said they felt he couldn't get in a country still rebuilding from war.

He needed to get out of Liberia, but in the face of what the country's government has called the "deadly Ebola menace," nearly all of Liberia's borders were sealed. His family hired a medical evacuation provider to get him to a hospital in Ghana, but Natasha said they were soon informed this wouldn't be possible, because the Ghanaian government wouldn't allow him to land in the country.

img92141.jpg
Nathaniel Dennis had traveled to Liberia to visit his mother with his siblings, and decided to stay after getting a job at a local radio station
Courtesy of Natasha Dennis

The family reached out to the U.S. embassy in Liberia, she said, but they were unable to help. CBS News has reached out to the State Department for comment and is waiting to hear back.

"No one tried to help us because everyone was too afraid," Natasha said in an interview with CBS News. "When we travel, we have confidence as American citizens. This experience has taken that confidence away for me."

It was a tragedy of timing, said Amar Safdar at NYU Langone Medical Center's division of infectious diseases and immunology, where a young man had symptoms that might resemble an Ebola infection in the "epicenter of the outbreak." Sealed borders and quarantines, Safdar said, are necessary containment strategies during epidemics, that can have terrible unintended consequences.

On Thursday, U.S. health officials issued travel warnings to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, three countries where the outbreak has killed more than 700 people this year.

Back in the U.S. before Nathaniel's passing, Natasha continued fighting to get her brother help. She fired off tweets at U.S. politicians, media organizations and charities with the hashtag #BringBackNat. The Dennis family set up a fundraising page on the site GoFundMe in an attempt to secure his evacuation and provide him with the necessary treatment. They continue to raise money, even after his passing. As of Thursday, 186 people had donated over $11,000.

That money, Natasha said, will be used to bring Nathaniel's body back home to the U.S., where she hopes they will be able to find an answer to why he died so young.

Nathaniel was passionate about music, his faith and Liberia. "He was the most positive person I know. He was definitely, besides my mother, the closest person to God." Natasha said. "He could make friends with anyone."

She and her brother Norwood hope to also use funds to start a foundation to help Liberia.

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:21pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:41pm
Wow wow wow.This outbreak has everyone shook as heck. Rip Nat.
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if i could wear a face mask flying, I would

I saw someone doing that last week.

on my way back from china...the entire plane was hacking and sniffling....i wanted to jump out the window. At one point, a chinese kid dozed off and next thing i knew his head was propped on the edge of my shoulder. He had been one of those coughing too. lawdamercDeady. I changed seats a few minutes later...
two africans on that trip also had that horrible whooping hacking cough o...i notice they stayed to themselves and wore heavy denim jackets even in the sweltering summer heat.
travelling is no joke...we have no idea whats out there
You went to china....how were you treated over there? LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:10pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I REALLY wish I can post the video but this morning on the news they were talking about the updates regarding the man that already came to Atlanta to be treated and the woman who's on her way today. As they are talking about the symptoms and the amount of those infected in Africa, this "expert/doctor" who happens to be an "Ebola survivor" comes on. He starts talking about how he was infected with the disease back in the day and he miraculously got better after 6 weeks. Then the million dollar question came up: if Mr. White Man was able to survive and make a full recovery, why can't the same treatment be used on the hundreds that are sick in Africa? Then this other "expert" comes on saying "we'll that would be risky because we're still testing and we're not certain if survivors were able to fight the disease off on their own or if they're recovery was a result of the treatment meds, which is still in testing (-__-)

This is why I say that white people are THE damn devil. 

Yep.

I want to say something but my faith in God prevents me from expressin what I WANT to happen to Westerners. Let me go pray for forgiveness.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>