Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:50pm
Ended up doing a pre-poo that I'll keep in overnight.  I'll wash and DC tomorrow.  Gotta say tho, my hair is so friggen moisturized!  I mean, even before the prepoo.  I took my Celie braids loose and my curlies started jumping all over the place. 

I'm really njoy'g my natural hair and am thrilled that I'm having no negative issues with it.  It's night and day from transitioning. And it feels SO much healthier than my relaxed hair.  I can't wait to see where my hair is this summer. Cool
Sponsored Links

kkty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:14am
Hey Ladies,

Count me in! This challenge will motivate me to stay focused on my hair's health and retention. Hoping to reach Hip length in 2013.

I'll be back with my regimen and pictures.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:01am
Originally posted by CrownRhoyale CrownRhoyale wrote:

@ Cherry, thanks for the advice, I'mma clip these ends a little before I wash tonight. That molasses pre-poo sounds great. Where'd you get ur molasses? was it hard to wash out?  since I'm natural, wash day is always a chore because my hair shrinks like cotton. I always think molasses would make washing even more difficult. Thoughts?

I got mines from Kroger, by the maple syrup for pancakes. Its like 3-4 dollars. It is kind of runny so I advise to do it over the tub or sink. You can actually add it to your conditioner bottle and just use it while your end the shower. I use to keep mines in the fridge (condish/molasses mix). As far as rinsing it out, it was pretty easy. Wasn't really sticking or anything. 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:03am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Ended up doing a pre-poo that I'll keep in overnight.  I'll wash and DC tomorrow.  Gotta say tho, my hair is so friggen moisturized!  I mean, even before the prepoo.  I took my Celie braids loose and my curlies started jumping all over the place. 

I'm really njoy'g my natural hair and am thrilled that I'm having no negative issues with it.  It's night and day from transitioning. And it feels SO much healthier than my relaxed hair.  I can't wait to see where my hair is this summer. Cool

Great, so glad your loving your naturalllleee... lol 
Also what DC are you using? I'm still trying to find a good DC.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:14am
Oiled my scalp last night with castor oil. I twisted my hair and dusted it one twist at a time, while I pinned the twist in a updo when I was finish searching and destroying. 

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 12 2012 at 11:06am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:51am
its amazing that i will be proud of myself for doing so little.  i finally took down my 10 twist, removed some shed hairs, moisturized and styled in a high bun. Clap i'd bow but i dont have a gif for thatLOL
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:29am
Hey ladies, my hair turned out perfectly this morning. I love the new look. I tied the the twist down with a scarf so my ends are pinned safely (lol) on top of my head instead, I moisturized and replaced scarf. SO this will be my new style for now on, I will keep the twist in my hair for about 3-5 days, take it down and cowash, dc or whatever I'm doing,  and retwist. T Think this style will get me a lot of retention by June..
CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Hey ladies, my hair turned out perfectly this morning. I love the new look. I tied the the twist down with a scarf so my ends are pinned safely (lol) on top of my head instead, I moisturized and replaced scarf. SO this will be my new style for now on, I will keep the twist in my hair for about 3-5 days, take it down and cowash, dc or whatever I'm doing,  and retwist. T Think this style will get me a lot of retention by June..

Most definitely. One year, I wore twists as a style for three months straight... My hair was gorg after. My curls were so defined and my hair was moisturized. 
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Great, so glad your loving your naturalllleee... lol 
Also what DC are you using? I'm still trying to find a good DC.

I usually mix up my own, depending on what my hair needs. I'm mixing up some DC tonight. In that, I'll use an avocado (pureed well), aloe gel, honey, olive oil, castor oil and my beloved, wheatgerm oil. If I needed a little protein, I'd add an egg yolk.

A packaged DC that I like is Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture treatment. I get that at Sally's and usually rack up when they have their BOGO or BTGO free deals.
Let me mix some conditioner up and hop in the shower now before I get too comfy. Embarrassed I've slid down in my bed since I've started typing this response. Sleepy
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:45pm
^^^^ Too late.  Help.  I've fallen and can't get up.  I had a very long day.  How terrible would it be if I waited one more day to DC? Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 105>
  Share Topic