BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 7:05pm
Okay, this challenge comes just in time for my personal challenge for reaching WL in time for my Wedding, August 31, 2013.  I'm officially joining!

Starting length: 
BSL
Expected WL date: August 31, 2013, but I'd be happy if I was WL by December 2013.
Hair Status (relaxed, transitioning or natural): 4a Natural

DETAILED regimen:
I plan to wear wigs and weaves as protective styles for the duration of this challenge. Since I'm natural, I am going to try the curly girl method in hopes that I can retain more moisture and help my curls become more defined. 

While wearing wigs, I plan to spitz my hair with water daily and folow up with sheabutter and coconut oils. I also plan to use the the LOC method.

I will not use sulfates and silicones, except for when I need a protein treatment (does anyone know of a silicone-free protein treatment???)

Only direct heat with a drow dryer once a month with heat protectant. No flat ironing. 

Starting photos:
Pics of hair Blow dried and flat ironed taken in September and 12/1/12, pas all my respectively. I just got my first major hair cut in years so this is a time to really try to retain length as all my dead split ends are gone. (Sorry for the quality of the pics, I look these on my cell phone).

Edited by CrownRhoyale - Dec 02 2012 at 7:23pm
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Hope you enjoyed your anniversary! @Njoy, also did you give in and do the rollerset??Big smile

Girl, please.  I wigged it, like I said I would, and kept it moving.

I took the wig off later that evening and unbraided my Celie braids and, SURPRISE!  It looked awesome. Ah well.  I COULD'VE worn my own hair...technically...but wigging it seemed like the easiest sure thing. Embarrassed

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:53pm
@Crown, Welcome and nice Hair! HHG

@Njoy. You look so cute, I Heart loose curly wigs!, My Fav.. I miss my half wigs..Disapprove

z
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 4:56pm
Did a co-wash, Applied my castor oil. I needed a break from the sulfur. I'm also adding MSM powder, coconut oil and grapeseed oil to my reggie. I also will be using molasses to help prevent breakage and shedding, I will just add it to my Vo5 and use it once a week. 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:35pm
........ its sooo dead now... Cry.... lol.. ( or maybe im just up here to muchEmbarrassed) Anywho came to check in

*Repost from Hardcore thread*

Applied sulfur mix tonight and massaged for about 5 minutes. I also added honey and olive oil to my conditioner, and It worked Wonderfully!! ;) Anywho, I won't be doing buns as often, I think my hair prefer moist braids instead, so I I braid my hair in two braids on each side, moisturize with purified water/honey mix and sealed with olive oil. I also took so sneak peaks before my big blow out on Dec 31st.. after that my next one won't be until my daughter birthday 5/29

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

........ its sooo dead now... Cry.... lol.. ( or maybe im just up here to muchEmbarrassed) Anywho came to check in

*Repost from Hardcore thread*

Applied sulfur mix tonight and massaged for about 5 minutes. I also added honey and olive oil to my conditioner, and It worked Wonderfully!! ;) Anywho, I won't be doing buns as often, I think my hair prefer moist braids instead, so I I braid my hair in two braids on each side, moisturize with purified water/honey mix and sealed with olive oil. I also took so sneak peaks before my big blow out on Dec 31st.. after that my next one won't be until my daughter birthday 5/29

Your hair looks FABULOUS!  I love it! ClapClapClap
CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:23pm
@Cherry89, your hair is so pretty and full

looks good
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 6:23am
@ Crown and Njoy. Thank you!!Smile  Wouldn't have gotten this far without Bhm, lol... my hair stayed thick, but would never pass shoulder lengthAngry.. now Im reaching full MBLBig smile

Its a lot of work too, i actually took these after I finished massaging my hair with sulfur. I'm like 4 months post relaxer though.. trying not to give in until Dec 31st....lol.. Lord be with me..l

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 07 2012 at 1:14pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:11pm
I'm officially Ghe-ing, My hair luvs it! Im slowing down on the co-washes and ghe-ing at least 4-5 times a week. So I literally won't comb my hair but 2-3 a week (on co-wash days) and leave my hair in two plaits, tied down with a scarf.. nothing fancy...lol.. I can't wait to reach my goal so I can do more with it...
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 4:37pm
@ Crown: lovely hair
@ Cherry: ur hair is so thick and full whatever ur doing keep it up. ITA that b4 BHM my hair was always healthy but never grew past apl and now MBL here we come.
@ Njoy:I love that wig, just get up and go and still look good.

ok so according to my measuring tape I got 1/4" of growth in 10 days, I always get great growth when I use my sulfur oil, but I also get lazy and stop applying but this time im gonna try and stay on top of it at least for 3 months at a time.
Ladies im gonna need you to hold me accountable...   

Edited by naynay455 - Dec 07 2012 at 4:39pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 105>