Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Lol, @Njoy, Thanks for the correction!LOL 
I Think im going to co-wash everyday for now on, It really benefiting my hair and ends. Plus im a few weeks post-relaxer, and I dont know what else to do! LOL

LOL Just tryna to do my part, Girl.  Just tryna do my part. LOL

My relaxed hair LOVED daily cowashing. I'm cowashing 2-3x a week now but plan to get back to daily, now that I'm back to damp bunning.  Oh, it's ohn nah!

LOL, I love damp buns! lol. *runs off to stack up on Vo5 Milshake Cheapies*

Edited by Cherry89 - Nov 28 2012 at 2:24pm
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:17pm
Co-washed with Strawberry milksmoothie Vo5, parted entire head and applied castor oil, massaged for a like 5 minutes, put some purified water in a bottle ( my hair dries quick, especially with  5 year old twins boys and 16 month old running around, lol) Spritz my ends applied castor oil to ends and did a wet bun.

Edited by Cherry89 - Nov 28 2012 at 11:14pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 11:13pm
Gonna start using my sulfur, I'm going to mix it with Olive oil (only) instead. and apply every other day and apply castor oil to my scalp only once a week. 
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:52am

Yep.  Growing my natural hair is definitely different from growing relaxed.  I'm feeling like my hair is getting bigger and curlier.  Baggying my hair at night really sets off my curlies.  I know that I'm not going to want to flat iron and possibly mess up my newly discovered curl pattern. My wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I'm refusing to flat iron.  Flat out refusing. I guess at some point I'm going to have to give rollersetting some real thought. I just can't handle being under a dryer for too long.  Ok.  End of ramble.

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:09pm

Yep.  Growing my natural hair is definitely different from growing relaxed.  I'm feeling like my hair is getting bigger and curlier.  Baggying my hair at night really sets off my curlies.  I know that I'm not going to want to flat iron and possibly mess up my newly discovered curl pattern. My wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I'm refusing to flat iron.  Flat out refusing. I guess at some point I'm going to have to give rollersetting some real thought. I just can't handle being under a dryer for too long.  Ok.  End of ramble.

Gurl, I bet those curls be poppin soon as you take that baggy off! And Happy early-Anniversary! Clap
I hate rollersetting my hair, it seems  like it takes forevvverrr..Embarrassed and lets not get started on the drying timeConfused... I wonder how much a hair salon would charge just for a rollerset and dry. Like if I wash and DC my hair at home and go to the salon just for a set..LOL ( yes, I'm that lazy ) Maybe I should just invest in some flexi-rods. 
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Gurl, I bet those curls be poppin soon as you take that baggy off! And Happy early-Anniversary! Clap
I hate rollersetting my hair, it seems  like it takes forevvverrr..Embarrassed and lets not get started on the drying timeConfused... I wonder how much a hair salon would charge just for a rollerset and dry. Like if I wash and DC my hair at home and go to the salon just for a set..LOL ( yes, I'm that lazy ) Maybe I should just invest in some flexi-rods. 

Thanks.  I'ma be up in a wig tomorrow. LOL I just don't feel like doing anything else.

And yeah, it takes my hair waaaay too long to dry under the dryer.  And that was my relaxed hair!  I don't even want to know how long this thickness will take to dry.  Sitting under there always bakes a headache in for the entire day. I wonder if I can get away with rollersetting with a soft bonnet dryer?
Juana4ev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Juana4ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:01am
K. Finally got my pics together. Going to copy & paste:

Starting Pics (You can see where my setback happenedCry Think I broke even more hair strands since last month compared to the 11/17/12 pic. The center usually was shorter due to my 1st setback last year getting to MBL, and now the right side is too. Clinging onto the remaining strands because I'm curious to see where I would have been had I not had a setback. I'll even it out later):

My Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/Juana4ev/stimulating-scalp-o/

Hair Texture/Length: 4a/b Relaxed, I think I'm back at APL/BSL

Last Perm Date: 10/26/12

Regimen:

Non-Wash Days:
1) Moisturize hair.
2) Grease scalp with Tressfully Yours Stimulating Scalp Oil. Massage it in for 5 minutes.
3) Place hair into a ponytail & Baggy overnight, if needed. Put on satin bonnet to bed.

Wash Day (Saturdays):
1) Wash hair carefully in 4 sections with Tressfully Yours Clarifying & Conditioning Shampoo.
2) Deep Condition for at least 30 minutes with no shower cap under a hair steamer. Rinse thoroughly with cold water while detangling. T-shirt Dry.
3) Air Dry hair.
4) Moisturize hair.
5) Grease scalp with Tressfully Yours Stimulating Scalp Oil. Massage it in for 5 minutes.
6) Curl hair with Flexirods, then put on satin bonnet to bed.

*I Henna or Henna Gloss my whole head 1x/month for 4 hours followed by a 2 hr moisturizing deep condition.

*Relax my hair every 12-16 weeks (about 4x a year)

*Give my hair a break with a full sew-in every summer.

*Taking MSM pills, 8000mg/day for hair, skin & nails

Expected WL/HL Date: On my 5 year Anniversary, August 2013 *crosses fingers*
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:48pm
Hope you enjoyed your anniversary! @Njoy, also did you give in and do the rollerset??Big smile

Started applying sulfur/olive oil mix 2 days ago. I'm going to continue applying the sulfur mix every two days. And Just use castor oil once a week (SAturdays). I want to start ghe-ing but I think that might be a little to much. I also left Vo5 in as a leave-in, and my hair loves it! Im still co-washing.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:54pm
another wash week came and goneDisapprove.  its a good thing this challenge doesnt have rulesLOLplease dont let leaving silicon mix in my hair for a 2 week stretch snatch me bald. amen. and make the world a better place to live.Stern Smile
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:32pm
hi, ladies! i just finished washing my twists. am currently sitting with dc on and my turbie twist on my head.  after i rinse out the dc, i will moisturize and retwist the perimeter. 

this is the third week of these twists. :-)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 105>