BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 7:51pm
my hair has been straightened for about a week every since i got electricity back.  seems like i have a lot of hair falling out  :[ , but i am going to try to make this work for another 5 days...
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

my hair has been straightened for about a week every since i got electricity back.  seems like i have a lot of hair falling out  :[ , but i am going to try to make this work for another 5 days...

Girl, all I heard was you had your hair straightened for about a week and I'm wondering.... where da pitchas at? Cry

The falling hair is probably a bit of the relaxed hair breaking at the line of demarcation.  That's not unusual.  How far are you in your transition?
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:38am
Checking in. Nothing special at all. Washed & conditioned, then air dryed & put up in a bun. I want to start the sulfur mix, but I'm waiting for it to get colder so the smell won't be so strong.
Ilovepm23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepm23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:45am
What ingredients are in your sulfur mix? Thanks for sharing ...best wishes on your hair journey ;)
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Ilovepm23 Ilovepm23 wrote:

What ingredients are in your sulfur mix? Thanks for sharing ...best wishes on your hair journey ;)
I actually got the sulfur mixture from Njoy. Which is sublimed sulfur (try amazon or your local drugstore) and black Jamaican Castor Oil. I have an color application bottle with the marks on the side & I put about a 1 10th of the powder at the bottom, then fill the rest of the bottle with the castor oil. I believe NJoy has better directions. I did have a slight reaction at first, so I would suggest using very little of the sulfur until you see how you tolerate it.

Good luck!

Actually I just looked and NJoy has her recipe in her siggy...LOL

I copied the link here (hope you don't mind NJoy)

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Nov 12 2012 at 3:07pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Girl, all I heard was you had your hair straightened for about a week and I'm wondering.... where da pitchas at? Cry

The falling hair is probably a bit of the relaxed hair breaking at the line of demarcation.  That's not unusual.  How far are you in your transition?

my roots are really puffy now, so i will do a pic once i flat iron again.
i think my last touch up was in february
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:02pm
NJoy any tips on slowing down that breakage?? 
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:20pm

Moisture and low manipulation are key.  I know that at some point during my transition, any time I flat ironed, I would get breakage. Even with heat protectant.  The line of demarcation just couldn't handle it well.

Besides having my hair prone to tangling, it was the thinning hemline that pushed me over into BC.  I was like, "what am I trying to save?" The contrast between the thickness and my thinning hemline just made my hair look crazy to me.  So, by the time I chopped, I was in love with my thickness and the stress-free maintenance.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:32pm

Moisture and low manipulation are key.  I know that at some point during my transition, any time I flat ironed, I would get breakage. Even with heat protectant.  The line of demarcation just couldn't handle it well.

Besides having my hair prone to tangling, it was the thinning hemline that pushed me over into BC.  I was like, "what am I trying to save?" The contrast between the thickness and my thinning hemline just made my hair look crazy to me.  So, by the time I chopped, I was in love with my thickness and the stress-free maintenance.

I ordered a steamer a few months ago to help with the moisture, and it did...in the beginning.  But I think I went overbored.  Because my hair became mushy and dry, and started tangling even more.  I am going back to regular deep conditioning under a regular dryer.  But be cautioned ladies, steaming is addictive and it can hurt your hair if you do it too much. I had to physically hide my steamer in a closet, I was compulsively steaming my hair  LOL

I want to do the low manipulation.  I plan on buying a wig this weekend, cornrowing my hair and keeping them in for at least 2 months.  I went to the BSS a few day ago but I could not find any decent wigs.  They all looked very plastic.  X_X so, as soon as I can find a decent wig, I will be wigging it up until it reaches my butt. 

My ends are thinner than my roots, but this time around when I flat ironed, they didnt look so bad.  The last inch could stand to go but I am going to try to hold on for a while.  lol i know its bad, but my hair has never been this long and I wanna hold on to this for a while.  Embarrassed  Plus I only have a few inches of virgin hair...the rest is either texlaxed (that part is not thinning yet) the last few inches were from my bonelaxing days and are the thinnest part.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:35pm

what heat protectant do you use?  anyone else with suggestions please do chime in.  I do not use heat often, I only use it when I feel I have no other resort to combat tangles (my hair formed webs this time around and took days of detangling).  I need to protect my hair more during the times I do use heat. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 105>
  Share Topic