BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 2:27pm
[IMG][/IMG]

Check in: Still have my install up. Approaching 3 months stretch in Dec. Im going to stretch for as long as I can. I re ordered some mineral rich and I kicked up the aloe vera gel. Hope you ladies are reaching your hair goals. HHJ
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 11:45am
did the whole shampoo, cowash and dc thing.  i put my hair in twist but after about two hours i suddenly needed dry hair and did the tension method. i twisted it back up and cut about an 1/8 off.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2013 at 9:05pm
Washed out my monthly press today. My scalp is happy after shampooing and conditioning. I usually shampoo, dc and cowash with keratin or protein rich products after a press. But, Cleo needed moisture. So, I gave her plenty of it. I have to give Cleo props this month, specifically on my bday Tuesday. This month has had some wacky weather and she held up awesome!
Now, she's plaited up with some flexirods for the night.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 8:14am
Happy Belated, Luv!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 8:19am
I have been wearing my hair down A LOT lately. Usually I only do 2 days after wash day then ponytail it for the next2 or 3 days and then bun it for 2 days then wash and repeat. But I've been wearing my hair down like all days except the night before wash day without problem. I moisturize and seal at night and/or in the morning.

I can't decide if my hair is just starting to lay well and get less shrinkage from my altered regimen or if its growing which is why i have less shrinkage. I did the inversion method some weeks ago and it gave me an inch, but I'm wondering if I've gotten more than that. I noticed my under arm hair has been growing extraordinarily fast which has me thinking my head is on the same train. But I can't figure out why. I didn't get back into my supplement and vitamin regimen and haven't been eating exceptionally or gorging on water etc. So odd.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 8:45am
Thanks, Momento! I hope ya hair continues to flourish! Don't over think it. If its growing and behaving- go girl !!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2013 at 4:00pm
Hola Chicas!  It's been 100 yrs since I've last posted.  Or, at least it feels that way.  I'm sitting here taking out 1000 yr old Celie braids (ok, maybe 3 week old) that have been terribly neglected lately.  I've been so daggone busy that I've been washing and DC'g in these same braids. And not on a real schedule either. Just whenever I felt like I was past due AND had time.  Being hair lazy and life busy doesn't result in happy hair.  So, I DC'd my hair in the braids and am now trying to take them down, moisturize, combine a few and twist them back up. I had a terrible sinus headache this morning and took the whole day off so, voila!  I have a little time for my hair.

I wore a scarf as I hosted Thanksgiving (I'm always cooking up to the last minute and never have time to do my hair or change into a cute outfit. Ouch) and my hubby got the flu for our anniversary (11/30) so we postponed our trip.  So really, there was never a need for me to do anything special to my hair. But, (and I'm telling on myself now) the only thing that I was doing was periodically oiling my scalp with my growth oil.  I wasn't doing regular moisturizing and sealing, wasn't taking any vitamins, wasn't eating right or exercising. So, with my braids looking thin and short from simply airdrying and no detangling, I wasn't at all excited about my hair.  Until today.

Taking these slave braid down (er, I mean Celie braids) has me remotivated. My hair is nowhere near as thin or as short as it's been feeling to me. My twists are nice and thick and my freshly twisted twists hang at bsl. Of course, they shrink up when dried but, they still hang at a full apl with shrinkage.  I can't complain about that. My hair is a little past WL even after my trim 3 weeks ago.  Oh, and boy was that needed.  I was getting SSK on the ends of my hair and then my sheds were tangling with the knots.  So, I knew I needed a decent trim. I almost forgot how much I LOVE fresh trimmed ends! I really didn't think I'd notice the difference since my hair is natural but, I do.  And I like it!

All this to say, I'm still going to keep my hair in twists and braids but, I'm really going to have to up my game and detangle, moisturize and reseal at least every 2-3 days. This will also keep me motivated in my hair growth. My goal is hip length and then cutting back to get a nice shape to my hemline at w'hip length.

Let me add, I haven't used heat since I've been natural (14 months) but I'm tempted.  My daughters got their hair blown out at a Dominican salon for Thanksgiving and boy is their hair flowing!  My oldest is just above bsl and her hair looks sooooo long! And the thickness of my youngest daughter's hair has me wondering how long and thick my hair will look flat ironed.  I'm tempted but, I'm hair lazy. Flat ironing takes me forever. That, alone, stops me from wanting to do it.  Ehn.  We'll see. I'm not even going to front like I'll flat iron for Christmas but, maybe New Years. That'll be just in time for our year end reveal.  I can't wait for the show to begin! Clap

Ok, so now I have to go back several pages and catch up on all the posts that I've missed. I'm looking forward to see what's been up around here tho.  Missed you, gals! Hug
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 11:27am
hey NJoy

i made a few changes on wash day that worked out really well but now i cant tell which changes caused the great results. 

i was running out of silicon mix so i mixed the remainder with mane n tail, castor oil and shea butter.  i dc for about 1/2 and rinsed. i cowashed and put on magnesium oil and let sit for 2 minutes and rinsed.  the comb glided through my hair like i was having a flashback of my texurized days.  i sprayed on my leave-in conditioner and twisted.
this was a really good wash day.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 9:13am
NJoy: I feel you on not being able to get dressed! I had a page boy cap and looked busted when the fam arrived for Turkey Day! So, yeah, Sis, I get it!
Awww, the babies got that beautiful growing hair from their Momma!

Tatee: I'm glad u had a great wash day! Luv when that comb glides right on through!

Well, I'm feening for a top knot bun. It's been a minute since I rocked one curly. Since I've been rockin straight hair. I'm even contemplating not straightening for December. But, I need to for EOTY reveals. I kindaof want to just push my reveal to January. I mean I gave Cleo til the New Year to be full WL anywhoo. So, we will see. Since this weekend is calling for rain/snow/sleet mix, I think Cleo and I will have a pamper session.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2013 at 3:16pm
any of u gals ever done a blow out with a denman brush? in the natural hair community its a tried and true gentle detangler and curl clumper but i heard its original purpose from when it was designed was a blow out brush. anyone hear this or tried it before?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 105>
  Share Topic