BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2013 at 10:13am
got it! I think of the porousness as how many "holes" are in the strands too. I think the more "holes" the longer it takes to dry? Not sure, but I'm leaning towards that...I'm also on the fence as to how to maintain my hair on a daily basis. I'm really trying to move away from the constant high bun, and will either be doing a twist out type style for 3-4 days or roller sets...I keep on going back & forth...I just want to lock a routine down & hit the ground running...well maybe not running but a light sprint...LOL

Currently doing a pre-poo w/oo, water & some cheapy conish. Might wash it out tomorrow and do a twist out if I don't feel like the hassle of roller setting it.
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 2:54pm
@Ms.Tiki: lookatchu!!! Great growth!

@Tatee and Jewels: Ty kindly, Ladybugs! I'm confuzzled when it comes to porosity bc I've read various definitions and experiences about. Plus, like Tatee, when I was transitioning, it wasn't something I considered something that I HAD to pay attention to vs the 'more important ' info. I was getting. But, I do agree more with y'all assessment vs a lot of other reasonings I have read.

In a few, I'm going to moisturize and seal and retouch my ironing. I've been pretty inconsistent with putting her up for the night, specifically in regards to the three day weekend. No real reversion due to my moisturizing and cross wrapping. So, that's cool.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2013 at 6:21pm
Decided to see how my flexirods took after having them in for 3 days. Here's what I got:

Cleo is once again flexi rodded up for the night . Night all!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 12:40pm
Luv, why did i image you taking pics with charlie angel's theme playing in the backgroundLOL

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 4:48pm
Friday night i washed and conditioned my hair and did the tension method.  this is only my second time doing it but damn i love this method and mad i didnt think of it myselfLOL.  the last two months i cut off a total of 3 inches ( 1inch in sept and 2 inches in oct.) which i really feel good about but when i think about it i was a cutting fool this year.  and since im no longer waist length i definitely cut off more than my hair grows in a year but we'll see next month.  im really happy with it tho. 

so heres the best thing that happened.  last week i was my hair got all wet in the shower because we dont think about shower caps.  when i got out i had the most amazing shrinkage ever.  it was so cool.  since i decided to grow out my texurizer i havent really been into to curl definition thing.  so i never do anything to enhance my curls (im just not into the curl poppin thing) and when i looked in the mirror i didnt even recognize my hair. the shrinkage was amazing.   i love the way my hair has multiple personalities.  it looked like my hair was maybe neck length in the back and shorter in the front and sectioned.  man i thought i looked like a freakin rock star, for reali couldnt recreate that hair style if i tried.   man, i love shrinkage...its the coolest thing everCool

sad to say while i was feeling myself i forgot all about taking picsThumbs Down
i do have pics of my hair after the tension method but theyre not nearly has as impressive *sigh*

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 5:31pm
@Tatee: Lol!! I did have the Herbal Essence commercial when they shake their hair and have hairgasms in the shower all estatic and stuff in mind . Then, I was feeling all flirty like so, I directed my own damn self to cover my sleep deprived baggy eyes with the curls! Lol!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Friday night i washed and conditioned my hair and did the tension method.  this is only my second time doing it but damn i love this method and mad i didnt think of it myselfLOL.  the last two months i cut off a total of 3 inches ( 1inch in sept and 2 inches in oct.) which i really feel good about but when i think about it i was a cutting fool this year.  and since im no longer waist length i definitely cut off more than my hair grows in a year but we'll see next month.  im really happy with it tho. 

so heres the best thing that happened.  last week i was my hair got all wet in the shower because we dont think about shower caps.  when i got out i had the most amazing shrinkage ever.  it was so cool.  since i decided to grow out my texurizer i havent really been into to curl definition thing.  so i never do anything to enhance my curls (im just not into the curl poppin thing) and when i looked in the mirror i didnt even recognize my hair. the shrinkage was amazing.   i love the way my hair has multiple personalities.  it looked like my hair was maybe neck length in the back and shorter in the front and sectioned.  man i thought i looked like a freakin rock star, for reali couldnt recreate that hair style if i tried.   man, i love shrinkage...its the coolest thing everCool

sad to say while i was feeling myself i forgot all about taking picsThumbs Down
i do have pics of my hair after the tension method but theyre not nearly has as impressive *sigh*

Rock on, Tatee! Rock on!! I'm glad you're cool with ya cut and shrinkage too. See, I gotta Luv/hate relationship with shrinkage. Sometimes we cool and others not so much. Same thing with cutting. But, I blame my Momma and her so called trims(nothing like some of the scissor happy stylists some talk about). Gave me a complex. So, scissors ain't been near my head in about three years. I say once I reach WL I'll give Cleo a neat hem line, but who knows!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 2:23pm
Luv, i hear you.  i havent been back to my stylist in over 3 years.  she was the only other person besides my mother i let touch my hair.  i went to her for 15 years and she kept my hair healthy but it wasnt until i started taking active steps to grow my hair longer that i realized that all these years she was trimming off my growth every 2 months.  she maintained my hair at the same length for years and when i would stop going to her for a few month and my hair would be longer she would mention how long my hair had gotten and proceed to cut it off.  the last time she tried to scalp me bald by cutting my apl hair to cb.  i was through.  it took months for me to ween myself off her but when i finally did it felt good.  i have had rough patches in my journey were i just wanted to pick up the phone and make an appointment but ive since made it to the other sideLOL
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 2:35pm
friday night i was about to wash my hair because since i did the tension bd method my root were kinda tight.  not because of the blowdrying but because im not big on detangling.  i usually detangle in the show and act like i dont know what the word means during the week.  well anyway on friday i realized the only reason i wanted to wash my hair was because i need to detangle not because my hair or scalp needed cleansing and its getting too cold for unnecessary washes.  so i decided to pull out my detangler and detangle the roots.  i figured if it didnt work out well id just do a full wash. 

i sectioned my hair and dampened it with the detangling spray and detangled with my magic star and it work out really well.  im not sure if it save timed because it was time consuming (it took about and hour) but being able to hold off on a wash day was worth it.  afterward i lightly blew it out with the tension method.

im surprised how well my hair looks in buns just using the tension method.  in my mind it looks the exact same as it does flat ironed and hold up even better for some reason.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Originally posted by MinnieMe MinnieMe wrote:

Okay. Checking in. It has been almost a month since I have had my install. It has been itching everyday from day one. I have been using moisture everyday. Afraid that I would get overload I bought the aphogee green tea reconstructor to combat. I rested for 6 days and it still itched just not as much. In 4 days it will be a month and the itching is still there but calmer than before. I think it is the braid pattern but I am not sure. Ive never had itching like this before. I used black tea Ive used garlic Ive used onion And the itching was still crazy. Even after a
Oils. I still have more time to stretch. Just came in for my update

Do you think that it could be the hair?  Was it washed before you used it?  You may want to try some aloe juice on your scalp to see if that helps the itching.  Or maybe get some hydrocortisone cream on your scalp.

I would be careful with using black tea AND aphogee green tea reconstructor.  Black tea acts like a protein, ya know.  Whew.  Is there anything worse than not being able to stop an itch?  Sorry sis. I hope something works for you.  Try the aloe juice.

I just saw this NJoy! I soaked the hair overnight in conditioner after I washed it 3 times. Since the post I have used some aloe vera gel and I would say it does help the itching for an hour or two then it comes back. I was careful. Thanks for the heads up. The itching has slowed down and it isnt as intensive but it still comes around once a week. And yes it was horrid girl. Every doggon day it was intense itching. Family even took pictures of me during that time and it was a mess lol i tell u. Grateful that part is over. But yeah it itches like once or twice a week and thats about it. I was taking mineral rich at the time. Funny thing about that is when I ran out the intensity of the itchinng slowed down. *shrugs* who know right?

Edited by MinnieMe - Nov 28 2013 at 2:22pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 105>