Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 2:34pm
Okay ladies...I'm having serious breakage at the back of my hair. I think it's coming from the fact that I can no longer get to the back of my head properly...if that makes any sense? I can get to the sides pretty easily, but the nape going all the way up doesn't get as much attention and it's showing. I primarily do buns & may be the stress of being pulled up is causing it too...I don't know, but I really want to cut this joker up to apl & start all over. Anyway, here is a picture I just took & I'm just sick of it...

I trimmed in Sept & I'm just shy of MBL, but what sense does it make if I have just bits & pieces of my hair reaching that length.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 4:49pm
Jewels i dont know what youre seeing when you look at your hair.  its beautiful.  are you upset about it growing in a "V" formation because that probably just how your hair grows.  also dont cut your hair until you find out the solution for the breakage or youll end up in weird cycle of growing and cutting that will wear you down. 

here are some breakage prevention tips that you probably already know but i found them helpful and sometimes things are worth repeatingLOL

as far as the nape is concerned ill tell you what will  work even though i only did if for 6 months and then fell off once it worked.  since you wear you hair in buns anyway just part the section at the nape (breakage area) into to two sections, moisturize and seal them heavily, twist or braid.  a single cornbraid will work also but may be noticeable when wearing a bun.  style you hair as normal and dont unravel the twist/braid until the next washing and repeat.

use a cheap satin scarf from the dollar store or old on you have  and cut it into strips and use them to tie you hair instead of those ouchless bands. they work so much better and i never worry about my hair being too tight or getting caught up in the band.

when youre bunning.  put you hair in a number of loose twists (3 to 8) and then slick you hair into a bun.  because the twists are loose no one will know that you actually have twists.  the idea behind this is that the hair strands are stronger grouped together than they are individually.

dont use brushes...ever.  if you need to smooth your hair use your hands.  i always see brushes as an excuse to break your strands for no reason.

this last one i feel kinda weird about repeating because i dont work for these people and hate promoting products but if you havent purchased one yet invest in a wide tooth seamless comb. its game changer for real.

man i just previewed this post and this may be my longest post ever.  im blaming Ritle, Luv and FemmemuscleLOL

im breaking records yahLOL

itd wouldnt be funny if clicked post right now and got an error message...*cross fingers*LOL

i have issues.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 6:05pm
Tatee I'm going to pm you a pic laid across my back so you can vomit. LOL
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 6:18pm
First off thanks Tatee for the long post LOL ...trust me I'm going to take your advice. I never twist my bun, I usually just sweep the hair round. Also I don't have a seamless comb, but I will be getting one this week.  I use the deman brush most of the time, but I also have a boars hair brush & use that as well. I'm going to stop with the brush all together. If don't go under the dryer & let my hair air dry, I tend to do 4 braids, I might start making center braids to combat the center breakage...This was my last flat iron until probably April. I think I'm going to use this as my start picture for the 2014 challenge & just leave my hair alone until April. I won't cut the ends again, because my ends really do look fine. I'm just having these see-thru ends & short middle.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 9:28pm
Yeah, I can't see anything wrong either. Confused
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 5:18pm
๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†@Tatee!! That post does indeed look like your longest! I always put a disclaimer about my butt being long winded bc I tends to go in!! You gave Jewels great advice too. I agree : no cutting and no vomiting๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
I wear glasses and I don't see what you see, Jewels.

Cleo bounced back with a shot of protein. So, all my curlies are back. But, now she seems to be shrinking even more. This chick could be fairy tail length and still shrink to my ears. Whatever, Cleo. Whatever. Imma try a make her go in a high bun tonight since she rebelled earlier this week. Again ... Whatever, chick, whatever๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜†
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 7:48pm
Luv you made me bust out laughing...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 6:45am
i finally washed my hair smh from my petroleum experiment.  i had a pretty good run (13 days).  i still not sure what to think about it.  except for the initial smell and greasiness for the first 2 days i kinda liked that i didnt need feel the need to rinse my hair or detangle during the time frame. when i finally cowashed it wasnt because my hair or scalp felt like it needed it, i was just worried about going so long without detangling.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 8:06am
for JewelsLOL:

after washing i decided to save my shed hair for you.  i even left it in the shower to let it dry over night and took a pic.

i only do a full detangle ever 2 or 3 months.  this is from what i consider a partial detangle because i start from the ends with a wide tooth comb and move up to the root until i can glide the comb through once.  the object is to remove enough shed hair to twist not to remove all.  (i aint got time for that)LOL

i actually expected much more hair than this

Edited by tatee - Oct 18 2013 at 8:12am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 8:45am
You are a doll Tatee...Hug. I think my lump-o-hair was bigger, especailly for just one week. But I am a little more at ease about it now that I do see that alot of hair can be lost and I survived...LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 105>
  Share Topic