Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 8:47am
Luv, i know what you mean about Cleo shrinking when straight and thats normal its just our hair protestingLOL.  and i also get being apprehensive about reppin a lenght because when i mentioned that i was waist length i had two separate comments made implying that i was lying.  both women said things like "well if you say your waist length" as if i had made it up.  but i just watched those two and turns out the both had/have  agendas that has nothing to do with me.  youre doing the work and it shows.  keep sharing.Hug
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 8:51am
last night i gave myself i a trim.  about 1/2 inch.  its so strange that when my hair was straight i did a search and destroy and never got around to a proper trim but the minute i washed my hair i have the urge to trim.  it felt good to do it so it probably is best that i waited until the mood struck me.  its weird but i kinda liked seeing the hair fall in the sinkStern SmileLOL
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 11:08am
Pre-pooing my hair today, then tomorrow I'm going to do a deep condish & roller set.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 11:10am
Happy Sunday guys. Well I got lazy & ended up just washing the pre-poo out & doing a mini condish with ORS. I plopped my hair on my head & that was that. Today I'm trying my hand at a twist out. Hopefully it comes out decent.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2013 at 1:26pm
So my twist out came out pretty decent this time LOL. I just wish it wasn't so "moist" around my house. When I left this morning I could feel my hair drinking up the mositure in the air, so my front is kind of fuzzy.

excuse the crazy look I was flicking it up at my desk...LOL

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Sep 30 2013 at 1:27pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:17am
Hello Ladies. I spent this past Saturday reading all 90 pages. Thank you for all the inspiring posts. I will keep lurking and learning.

Enjoyed all the 'hair PICS'. Congratulations to ALL experiencing growth

Continued SUCCESS to everyone on the Challenge

Edited by Benni - Oct 01 2013 at 1:20am
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:46am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Thank you kindly, Jewels and Tatee😘. Ladies, I appreciate it bc I was apprehensive about posting pics bc Cleo shrinks whilst straight and I didn't want to be seen as misreppin my length. Yes, I luv me some length , but I'm not delusional😀. So, thanks for the support and 💙.

@Tatee: I saw his hair on curlbox and the hate being thrown. I was like: Seriously? The boys's hair is the biz and hair care is not only exclusively for women. Get it together! Let's be honest, most dudes have some of the most healthy beautiful hair out here. So why all the shade?

I definitely think that those of us who are into hair recognize when there's hidden length. No need to worry about misreppin here. The fishtail is gorg!

@Tatee There are groups for everything.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to know that there's a (not-so) secret society of dudes growing hair. In ANY case, I can't even be mad at him.  He gets respect from me simply because I know his hair game is real and he speaks hair. Clap
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 8:26am
it came out cute JewelsThumbs Up my best twist outs and braid outs were when i was texturized.  its odd but now my hair will have none of that.  so even though i always have some kind of twist in my hair taking them down is not an option unless i do it on old straightened hair.  my hair is a mystery at times.

its funny cuz as im writing this it just came to me that may i should cornbraid it in 5 or 6 rows going back and maybe that will workLamp
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 9:09am

thanks tatee. I actually like it. It is more shrunken in the back, but it's cool. I don't know how often I'll wear it like this because I'm afraid I'm going to lose a lot of hair.

& try the cornrows & let us know how it goes.

Today's Oct 1st & I know I won't be making Waist length this year. When will the new thread start...LOL. I am bound to be waist length by June/July...
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 6:13pm
@Tatee & NJoy: Ty Hunnies for understanding❤.
@ Tatee: if you try the cornrows post a pic😀
@Jewels: Luv it!! My press is a lil fuzzy and you inspired me to do a plait out tonight! I'll get Hubby to touch Cleo up when he is off.
@Benni: hope u found this challenge helpful and thanks for the luv!

Ladies, I had my own personal hair commercial in the car riding home from work. It's beautiful out! Nice Autumn day. So, I have my front windows down and the wind is just a blowing Cleo all around! Yeah, I was feeling her😂! I felt like a model with the wind machine going!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style