BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 5:29pm
@Jewels: Missy, do you! Your hair should be enjoyable not frustrating. You have time to transition again and change ya mind too😆! You lasted a good while, so be proud!

@ NJoy: hope Ceasar's did right by you! Ya hair rocked during the heat!

@ Tatee: when Cleo is super tangled, I usually use an oil before attempting any type of washing. It really helps with detangling.

@Minnie: great hair!!! Luv ya beehive!

Ladies, Hubby straightened Cleo for me Thursday. (Sigh) I'm not real happy though. I kinda of have a sad😩. Cleo is healthy and WL, but she doesn't have the hang time I thought she would. She is soo thick that I would literally have to fry her to death for that which I'm not willing to do. I know if I went to the Dominican salon, I would get that effect. I'm not even interested in thinning her out either. I just have her in a curly ponytail right now. No pics until I figure out something(sigh).
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 6:48pm
@Luv, I know what you mean because I can still stretch out my hair when it's straight and I am thinking to myself, "why can't I see THAT length?", but the only way to achieve that would be to go overboard with the heat or by chemically altering my hair which is not something I am willing to do.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2013 at 7:06pm
Thanks everyone, really needed the support. Anyway, I'm over it. You guys are all right. I've had chemically treated hair like...forever, so it is what it is. I will do it one day because I know it's what my hair needs to regain the fullness that I had years ago. But it's hard breaking a bad habit.

Anyway, I came in here to say a big THANK YOU to tatee! You always coming thru!! prettywitty is the bomb.com!! LOL. I've been watching all day...just watched a video on how to self-trim, & guess what!! I just trimmed my own ends...YEEEESS! I'm so excited. I have a strong feeling my hair is going to have a growth spurt because of all the tlc I'm going to be giving it.

Luv that must be nice to have hubby do your hair too cute!!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:19am
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:26pm
Jewels you have to do what makes YOU happy! I know exactly how you feel! All Summer I had to wear my hair only in a  bun bc if I wore it out it puffed up and looked like I escaped from an insane asylum within an hour of being outside. 
I am sure your wet sets look GREAT now and I am certain you are happy. Just get all sorts of conditioners like Aphogee, Bragg Liquid Aminos and some kind of really good moisturizing conditioner and you will do great! It is good to stretch the time between touchups as long as possible though even though you will always eventually do it.
@Luv did he relax it or just flat iron it?

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 22 2013 at 6:41pm
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

@ NJoy: hope Ceasar's did right by you! Ya hair rocked during the heat!

Girl, we've gotten nowhere but playing phone tag with their insurance company.  That does it! I'm about to OWN Caesars and change the name to NJoy's. LOL  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the compliment, Sis.

Edited by NJoy - Sep 22 2013 at 9:00pm
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 11:12pm
Thanks luvmybiga$$fro!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 11:59pm
@Jewels: awww, thanks for the Hubby shout out! It is nice and a blessing to have him help. I know my limitations😊. As much as I luv Cleo, my arms are not strong enough to box with her😛. He told me that if she was fake, he wouldn't help me in no way, shape, or form!

@ Lady: no relaxer here, just flat ironing . We figured out what needed to happen. Gotta let the iron really heat up.

@NJoy: sorry bout the Ceasar's hassle😡and yw on the compliment

@Minnie: Yw, Hun!

Well, I had to get my behind out the land of denial. I was so worried about frying Cleo ( the actual sound of frying hair) that I didn't properly let the Hubby use the flatiron. Plus, I didn't really allow him to GET IN the thicket like he should.

So, we let the iron get hotter and he went in! Cleo is much straighter, no poof, and more hang time. I luv body and fullness, but sometimes I crave that super straight look. I did my own version of the cross wrap since I suck at traditional wrapping and scarfed her. So, we'll see how she is in the am.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 2:07am
So, I'm finally back from Vegas and treating myself to a serious deep conditioning. After the food poisoning incident, I hadn't done much of anything to my hair.  It was hot out and I thought I causes lots of tangles (I didn't) and just decided to braid it up in 2 french braids and call it a doo.

Anywho, my 1st Nappyversary was on Sept 19th. That's not to say that I have 1 yrs growth on my head.  I transitioned for 17 months before big chopping but, I'm officially all-natural as of a year ago.

Tah daaaaahhh!  (Sorry for the size)

I'll probably do an updated length check soon since the end of the month is sneaking up on me. Ah well.  3 more months left in this year.  I'm really digging in and trying to stay on track to make it comfortably beyond wl so that I can get in a good trim at the end of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like out.

Edited by NJoy - Sep 23 2013 at 2:08am
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2013 at 9:01am
I am such a fool yall. I thought all this time there just wasn't any activity going on in this thread but it turns out BHM just hasn't been emailing me when you guys post. anyways I reinstalled my havana twists this time I did them myself from the beginning in a tiny bit smaller so the stay in betitster. I'm not reinstall ng several a day every single day so this time its actually a protective style and not a daily manipulated one. I've been moisturizing them with raw aloe Vera gel i fileted myself and am loving it. Ill post pics.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 105>
  Share Topic