Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 11:13am
@Jewels, First off I think you should pat yourself on the back for at least trying because it's far from easy.
That struggle to make yourself look presentable before heading out is real when transitioning, especially with those get togethers where you know lots of pictures will be taken and you want to look your best on them.

You have to do what you're comfortable with and right now this is what you feel comfortable with...or at least felt comfortable with when you did it.

Since didn't really know what else to do and wasn't pleased with the results of other things you tried, you've simply decided to make the textures match again.

I understand, especially when length is an issue, then cutting will not be an option or you wouldn't have to transition in the first place.

And with me, I ended up cutting my hair when the texture difference became unbearable, but at the time I already was a little over 2 years in. If it had become unbearable in a few months who knows what I would have done.

The point is, you will do whatever you want to do for yourself when you are ready.

That was one of the biggest hurdles during transitioning and all you want at that time is for those two textures to just get along.

So no need to beat yourself up about it, just chalk it up as a decision on impulse and next time if you decide to transition again, you will be more prepared and who knows what you might decide by then.

The fact that you feel guilty tells me that you might end up giving it another try and by then you might be ready. But if not, the most important thing is that you feel comfortable with yourself when you look in the mirror and that hair is not something you have to stress about before leaving the house.

So you're at point zero again now, but remember how far you made it and you can give it another try whenever you're ready again.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 11:14am
Ugh why am I so long winded? Me and my thought process....
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Ritle Ritle wrote:

Not long winded at all LOL I appreciate your thought process & all of your support.

It isn't as easy as I thought & the bad thing is the textures weren't so bad, I just wanted to wear my roller set without the huge poof! Didn't see Tatee's post until after...but live & learn. I'm going to give a a go again, maybe in a few months & see if I can make last forever & ever *keith sweat voice*
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 5:27pm
Jewels, are you subscribed to PrettyWitty77? she's relaxed and uses no heat styling. she uses simple products, simple techniques and her hair is everything!
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Originally posted by Ritle Ritle wrote:

Not long winded at all LOL I appreciate your thought process & all of your support.

It isn't as easy as I thought & the bad thing is the textures weren't so bad, I just wanted to wear my roller set without the huge poof! Didn't see Tatee's post until after...but live & learn. I'm going to give a a go again, maybe in a few months & see if I can make last forever & ever *keith sweat voice*

Lol, you're welcome.

And yea there are different ways of reducing the poof and what Tatee mentioned is one of them. Just occurred to me that it also can depend on the rollers and how tight you can roll your hair around them, the longer your hair the bigger the rollers need to be to achieve that when your hair is thicker and that is why my natural hair on those medium sized rollers won't straighten as well as my processed hair did on those medium sized rollers. More things to think about when your natural hair has more texture to it, but once you know them it becomes easier.

Good luck on your second trial.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Originally posted by MinnieMe MinnieMe wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Thanks Tatee! You saw it on Facebook? Ive never posted there before..Thats interesting...Can you link me the info?

https://www.facebook.com/HHJourney?hc_location=stream

scroll down to September 10th

Your fa real! Thanks Tatee. I never knew that. I never gave her permission. I should have watermarked it at least. I appreciate the heads up! I dont know how to feel lol. I guess it can serve as an inspiration to others

yeah all this time i thought people were submitting pictures to the page.  it didnt occur to me that this person was just snatching pics.

Yup. Copied and Pasted my old regimen from Hairlista. Word for word and shows no shame. Lol. I guess she never got the memo in school on copying people and not crediting. Whatev. Hope it motivates somebody you know?

I found my pic and one of my posts on her page too. I may not have minded much except, the pic was pretty unflattering.  I'm sure it was one that I put up and then took back down. I was horrified to see it circulating on FB.  I contacted her about posting the pic without my permission.  She took it down, saying it was in public domain but seems to have had an attitude towards me since.  Ah well.  Ask first.

Right. My sentiments exactly
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 10:15pm
Thanks Ritle. I am trying my best girl!
Tatee you have nice hair. Keep growing girl

My protein treatment

My braid pattern

My install

This is from my install. She had to change the pattern. Im in the league now yall
Okay I will try to come and update what I am doing but I am not showing my hair until Feb 2014

Edited by MinnieMe - Sep 19 2013 at 10:16pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 7:57am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

I'm thinking about wearing more head wraps this winter.  I did, sort of, a wrap for a Nigerian party and it was pretty nice. Anyone seen any good video tutorials?

late as everLOL

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:18am
@Minnie Me, you're welcome.

Look at all of that hair going in to hiding(till feb 2014 , the BHM hair panel does not approve).

And that braid pattern pic. *Fans herself*.

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 8:32pm

Jewels, are you subscribed to PrettyWitty77? she's relaxed and uses no heat styling. she uses simple products, simple techniques and her hair is everything!
Hey tatee no I'm not, but I'll check her out! Thanks for the heads up...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style