Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 4:42pm
Jewels if i had to transition all over again i wouldve done things a lot differently than what i did.  so i will tell you what i wouldve done for myself. there was a point were my new growth and texturized hair had stopped blending  and i was fighting with two textures at that point i should have stopped fighting and made my new growth blend with my texurized hair; instead of trying to make my texurized hair blend with my new growth. yeah that probably doesnt make senseLOL

do a roller set, bump your new growth only with a flat iron, wrap, style and repeat in two weeks.  reassess in two months.
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 4:47pm
Welp! I'm in Vegas for the week and wore my hair in a twist out the first two days until...I got food poisoned at restaurant in Caesars.  Had to go the hospital for IV fluids and antibiotics.  Meantime, I had to throw my hair into a makeshift bun.  I took the bun down and just wrapped my hair and have been in bed for two days straight, while doing nothing to my hair.  I'm afraid to see what my hair looks like under this scarf.  Lawd, when it rains it pours.

Anyway, the Vegas heat is brutal. Here's my 2-day old twist out after I've been out in that heat.

Le sigh.  Looking forward to feeling better so that I can deep condition my hair and try my twist out again.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:10pm
NJoyHugi hope you feel better soon but at least you look good LOL

is Caesars paying that bill?Stern Smile
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:15pm
@Njoy Love the braid out. Feel well soon. Food poisoning sucks.

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Jewels if i had to transition all over again i wouldve done things a lot differently than what i did.  so i will tell you what i wouldve done for myself. there was a point were my new growth and texturized hair had stopped blending  and i was fighting with two textures at that point i should have stopped fighting and made my new growth blend with my texurized hair; instead of trying to make my texurized hair blend with my new growth. yeah that probably doesnt make senseLOL

do a roller set, bump your new growth only with a flat iron, wrap, style and repeat in two weeks.  reassess in two months.

I agree with this.

@Jewels
Nevermind what I asked. Transitioning IS a struggle indeed, the curlperm treated section of my hair was over processed (never allowed my aunt near my hair ever again hahaha)hence way too wavy and way too lifeless and I didn't have proper rollers anymore at the time or proper knowledge of proper heat styling care except for how to get it straight, so I get your frustration.
I think that the roller sets will give you a break from the two texture problem. Another thing that kept me going during that period, were lots of different buns and cute berets that covered my new growth a bit and hid the texture difference a bit better.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 5:24pm

NJoyHugi hope you feel better soon but at least you look good LOL

is Caesars paying that bill?Stern Smile

Girl, after I'm having to go thru, I'm about to OWN Caesar's.  This joint is about to be called NJoy's! LOL

And that pic was a few hours before the incident. If you saw what I looked like now...Shocked  No, Lawd.  They're not only going to be paying me for having to stay in the room.  They're gonna pay me because they NEED me to stay in this room. I look a HOT MESS!! A HOT mess. smh

Thanks for the compliment tho.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 3:26pm

Ritle & Tatee if only I had checked you guys a few hours ago...I CAVED Y'ALL I CAVED....I just texlaxed & I'm under the dryer now....CryCryCry I'm said I made it to 19-20 weeks & I'm back to 0! My daughter is so disappointed too. She's natural and has been begging me for over a year & I did it when she was in school. I feel terrible. I didn't see your post til just now. The urge was just too strong. I'm going to have to throw the rest of this stuff out & fight thru! Please don't be mad at me guys.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 3:28pm
Wow sorry to hear Njoy wishing you a speedy recovery!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Ritle & Tatee if only I had checked you guys a few hours ago...I CAVED Y'ALL I CAVED....I just texlaxed & I'm under the dryer now....CryCryCry I'm said I made it to 19-20 weeks & I'm back to 0! My daughter is so disappointed too. She's natural and has been begging me for over a year & I did it when she was in school. I feel terrible. I didn't see your post til just now. The urge was just too strong. I'm going to have to throw the rest of this stuff out & fight thru! Please don't be mad at me guys.

mad? why the hell would i be mad, silly rabbitLOL you didnt do anything wrong. you did what you were comfortable with and you stretched for nearly 5 months thats an accomplishmentClap applaud yourself for that.  when youre ready to go natural youll do it but this just wasnt the time, so dont beat yourself up.Hug enjoy the journeyHug
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 4:11pm
*wipes tears* thanks tatee. I was so psyched up to do it. But I will do better next time...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2013 at 7:59am
i thought this was an interesting tip for reducing breakage while washing:

Apply coconut oil before washing

Each time we wash our hair, our strands may undergo stress from swelling and shrinking during water uptake and eventual evaporation. This can lead to breakage, split ends, or other damage over time. Research has shown that applying coconut oil to the hair prior to washing can reduce this stress (known as hygral fatigue). Allow the oil to penetrate overnight before washing in order to reap the benefits.

for more: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/09/6-ways-to-reduce-breakage-while-washing-natural-hair/

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 104>