BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 5:31am
while i was doing the tension method i noticed my ends were rough and tangled.  when i flat ironed i notice lots of ssk which isnt really a surprise since with all the rinsing i did this summer.  i also didnt retain as much length as i probably should have but the good thing is that im not even bothered by it all. 

i really enjoyed my hair this summer.  its been a beautiful love affair that i hope never ends.

i'll probably clip my ends later today.
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 2:53pm
I had such a strong desire to texlax this weekend! It was pretty bad...I'm holding on, but don't know if I'm gonna make it...Cry I don't like the way my hair is looking. I'm deep conditioning it now & hopefully I can make it through a rollerset.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

while i was doing the tension method i noticed my ends were rough and tangled.  when i flat ironed i notice lots of ssk which isnt really a surprise since with all the rinsing i did this summer.  i also didnt retain as much length as i probably should have but the good thing is that im not even bothered by it all. 

i really enjoyed my hair this summer.  its been a beautiful love affair that i hope never ends.

awww that was cute. Let's see some before & after. & what cause ssk's?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

not keeping the ends of coily/curly hair stretched causes ssk.  the individual strands curls into itself and forms a knot and the only way to remove it is to cut it.  i spent an hour today finding and cutting ssk.

i didnt take in pics before as i was doing my hair but this is what im working with at the moment

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by MinnieMe MinnieMe wrote:

Thanks Tatee! You saw it on Facebook? Ive never posted there before..Thats interesting...Can you link me the info?

https://www.facebook.com/HHJourney?hc_location=stream

scroll down to September 10th

Your fa real! Thanks Tatee. I never knew that. I never gave her permission. I should have watermarked it at least. I appreciate the heads up! I dont know how to feel lol. I guess it can serve as an inspiration to others

yeah all this time i thought people were submitting pictures to the page.  it didnt occur to me that this person was just snatching pics.

Yup. Copied and Pasted my old regimen from Hairlista. Word for word and shows no shame. Lol. I guess she never got the memo in school on copying people and not crediting. Whatev. Hope it motivates somebody you know?

I found my pic and one of my posts on her page too. I may not have minded much except, the pic was pretty unflattering.  I'm sure it was one that I put up and then took back down. I was horrified to see it circulating on FB.  I contacted her about posting the pic without my permission.  She took it down, saying it was in public domain but seems to have had an attitude towards me since.  Ah well.  Ask first.

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 5:43pm

not keeping the ends of coily/curly hair stretched causes ssk.  the individual strands curls into itself and forms a knot and the only way to remove it is to cut it.  i spent an hour today finding and cutting ssk.

i didnt take in pics before as i was doing my hair but this is what im working with at the moment

Your hair looks great, Tatee.  A small trim is a small price to pay to have enjoyed your hair like that all summer long. Clap
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 4:53pm
NJoy: I believe Jazzin has a purple-black rinse. It's been a few moons since I've done one, so imma have to ask my Chica what brand she used.

Tatee: I'm so glad you enjoyed ya girl this Summer! She looks good! I luv being style challenged/style lazy (most times) bc you do the basics and often times she'll be good to you.
I think I remember you said you tried bunning ( I think). Did you notice a decrease in ssk's? I know with Cleo that when I wet bunned, I had a fair amount of them. Even with dry stretched hair and bunning, I had them. There were less of them, but still there. I even noticed them whilst wearing her straight. Again, less of them, but still there.

For Cleo, using heat during the cooler months greatly reduces them. During the hotter months, I expect them more bc of the constant moisture I give her. Plus, I take in consideration that I rarely trim so my ends tend to tangle and can knot together. I've found that doing the basics has allowed me to loose less hair during detangling sessions. I haven't had to cut any of them out and the seem to stay at the end of the strand, so no traveling upwards. As long as their not impeding my growth, I live with them. Trust, I don't like them and they feel yucky at times, but we seem to have an understandingšŸ˜‰.

I dc'ed and conditioned Cleo yesterday. She needed it as I used a lot of heavy styling products last week. I threw in a protein cowash since I hadn't done one in awhile, my ends were a lil tangly, and I'm contemplating straightening this week since its going to be cooler. I used a conditioner cleanser for the first time too! I was pleasantly surprised. It's called Healthy Hair Nutrition Conditioning Cleanser by Salon Grafix. It really cleansed my hair and detangled well. I used it after my protein cowash. I put in 12 plaits and curled the ends with rollers. It was still damp when I unraveled this am, but it shrunk up in a cute way.

I did another impromptu and unofficial length check in the shower. I really am WL. I'm still cautious bc I haven't straightened yet and I won't know officially until I do. But, the strand I stretched was at the bottom of my rib cage. So, I'm excited bc that means I hit my goal before the year is out.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 7:19am
thanx NJoy

Luv, ive always wore ponytails and buns before my HJ but back then i didnt know about growing hair and protecting ends.  lately ive been doing the high (ninja) bun .  before my hair journey i didnt have ssk because i would wash my hair, blow dry it and straighten it religiously and only wore my hair curly a few times a year.  i then had a texturizer for 6 years and also didnt have ssk because the curls were looser and didnt curl into itself.
i think my problem with the ssk  is the technique im using.  i wash, detangle and put my hair in 6 to 8  loose twists and then bun (while wet).  i absolutely love this method but when i dont twists the ends with ribbon (strips of satin) or somehow stretch them i find more ssk. 

my knew plan for the fall is to wash, detangle and blow dry using the tension method.  i have high hopes for this method because it will still allow me to enjoy my hair rinsing once or twice a week and 10 minute of blow drying wont kill me.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 3:34pm
@Luv Congrats on making it to WL!

@Tatee Great growth progress so far.

@NJoy Wow, glad she took it down, I can imagine how much it sucks if the photo isn't very flattering to you. And it's also just the principle of it all.

As for single strand knots, I will have to wear my hair stretched to not get them at all I guess.
Because my strands curl in different ways so the ends will often find a way to curl on to themselves, especially at my current length, so even stretched they will form a challenge if I want to wear my hair out without stretching it straight.

I never had that issue back when I used to curl perm because the curls were much bigger, like Tatee mentioned about her texturizing days.

@MinnieMe Great progress, waist length isn't too far away.

@Cherry Great progress, you'll be hip length soon enough it seems.

For anyone that I did not mention, keep up the good work! I saw some progress pictures while browsing through this thread.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 3:37pm

I had such a strong desire to texlax this weekend! It was pretty bad...I'm holding on, but don't know if I'm gonna make it...Cry I don't like the way my hair is looking. I'm deep conditioning it now & hopefully I can make it through a rollerset.

Awww, sorry to hear that, sucks when your hair isn't at it's best(assuming it isn't looking the way it should), do you have any idea what is causing it? Lack in moisture or a protein problem? Or are you still trying to find out?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 105>