Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 8:38am
Unfortunately that does not work for me. I have to either bun, braid, wrap, bantu knot or something to smooth the hair. Satin alone still allows my hair to become a tangled rat's nest. I wake up to ratty tangled mess if I don't. That breaks when I try to comb it out. So I MUST moisturize and seal my ends at night and then arrange the hair in some protective manner IN ADDITION to covering it with satin or a conditioner cap for ghe.

So in summary I never have problems detangeling at all... But if I just slept on my hair without smoothing it into a protective arrangement ( like braids/bun/wrap) I WILL wake up to severe tangles if not matting. And that, we know will make the hair stay at the same length bc the ends will break as fast as the roots grow.

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 15 2013 at 8:51am
Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 10:39am
Lady- I like the plaits option bc I can rock it at night or day. Plus, it is easy to moisturize and seal. My hair gets that Rudy Huxtable flow when I brush her. So, I can't complain.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 10:50am
Rudy Huxtable 
I bet that Pocahantas braid out looks REALLY NICE on you Luv !

Edited by LadyAradia - Aug 15 2013 at 10:59am
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 5:18pm
@LadyAradia
Understandable, you have to do what works, if the first thing you have to do in the morning is untangle instead of simply refreshing or moisturizing, then that's not a nice morning routine to wake up to.

I don't sleep with my hair loose either, maybe if I get a fine woven satin pillowcase that's as smooth as my scarf is, I might consider to give it a try, but till then, in a pony it goes.

Plus with possibly twisting and turning in my sleep...anything is possible, so I guess it's best in a pony anyway.

@Luv *Sigh* Rudy Huxtable, I absolutely adored her hair growing up. You go girl, with your Rudy Huxtable flow!

Love the pic you posted of her LadyAradia!

Edited by Ritle - Aug 16 2013 at 5:19pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:17am
i really dont have much to talk about except that it feels weird only using one product on my hair and getting the best results ive ever have.  its weird only because ive conditioned myself to follow the steps for  moisturizing and sealing.  i dont know how long this product is going to work for me but im going to enjoy it and ride this wave until it endsLOL
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 12:22pm
Go girl, I can imagine that feeling.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:53pm
Lady: I need to figure out how to keep the definition of the Pokahantas ponytail when I smooth the front. I like her results, so imma practice. I have Cleo in 6 plaits now. I'm thinking of rockin a plaitout tomorrow. If its a fail, I'll just plait it up.

Tatee- I ended up in the wrong $1 store, so I haven't had a chance to pick up the product. Although. I luv my Mane & Tail Detangler, it can be a lil drying. My hair is in need of a great detangler, moisturizer and strengthener, specifically for my ends since I don't trim. I really like "what I've read and the price works for me!

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:43am
after my run this morning. i shampooed, deep cond., rinsed and twisted my hair and put in a high bun.  all in under 30 minutes.Clap  i think im over the long term, full time job DC's i was doing in the past.  i dont see any difference in my hair DCing for 5 minute or 5 hours...none.  so if im gonna do it (and i am since i still have conditioner left)LOL i might at well do it while im already in the shower and save steps and time.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:43am
Officially 16 weeks into transitioning...got a phone reminder that Sunday (8/18) was "relaxer day"...but it came & went. Everyday, I'm seeing more & more waves in my hair & I currently have a mini afro, which is cool...I plan on flat ironing Thursday & wearing my hair straight. After that, bunning it for the remainder of the year.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2013 at 4:16pm
what product is that tatee?

surprisingly my twists are still in and makes 3 weeks on friday i believe. since i figured out how to do them myself im going to reinstall with a different color after i take them down this weekend given im not bald and tattered upon taking them down. it was a little annoying reinstalling 4-5 twists a day from slippage but overall worth the hair style change.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 105>
  Share Topic