BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 6:58pm
^^ I have never had issues with cotton as a natural, but as a relaxed head- cotton was not my friend.

I finally prepped Cleo for her plaitout. Hopefully, we don't have another strange bout of sunshine, spring rain for an hr and then sun and humidity.
Sponsored Links

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

^^ I have never had issues with cotton as a natural, but as a relaxed head- cotton was not my friend.

I finally prepped Cleo for her plaitout. Hopefully, we don't have another strange bout of sunshine, spring rain for an hr and then sun and humidity.

For me it's exactly the other way around.
Didn't have as many issues with cotton when I curl permed, but I guess that's because I was running away from the wet look. It probably did suck moisture from my hair, but I just had enough to go around LOL, plus the length with the curl size might have had something to do with that too.

But if I sleep on a cotton pillowcase without anything on my hair now...well let's just say it's as much a friend to me as it was to you when you were relaxing.

And ugh the weather is unpredictable at times here as well. Guess you'll just have to wait and see.While we wait to see those pictures!
Omega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:06am
---

Edited by Omega - Jun 20 2013 at 9:09am
Omega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:08am
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

great growth omega. I like your texture.

Thank you Indigo. :-) Once again, i fell off. I'm making another attemp now.
Omega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

Let me know how it turns out Momento. I think I will start doing some videos Omega. If it starts to fall you put a few hairpins in and keep going around. Put hair pins every few inches and then wrap it up. I saw your youtube channel! It's great! 

Hey Lady. :-) Thank you for the tip. I hope u begin a Youtube channel if you havent done it yet. You are full of information. Thanks again! :-)
Omega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

@Omega- Great growth and hair!

@Momento- Luv the rollerset results! So shiny and cute!

@Jewels and Nay- Y'all most def can get to WL by the end of the yr. Hoping for a Summer growth spurt for y'all!!

I really feel Cleo is sprouting. The itchies and soreness is still around. Its more pronounced since I've gone back curly. I feel the need to cowash more or water my hair daily. I've been trying to get a good wash n go but no dice. Imma play around with Cleo this weekend and see.

Thank you Love.

Omega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

you know how you look in the mirror an your hair looks greatBig smile.  so nice that youre like ahhh yeah let me take pic a this and then you look at the photo and its likeErmm nothing you just saw in the mirrorStern Smilewtf.  i have now decided (for self preservation) that what i see in my bathroom mirror is the truth and all other mirrors, photos and images of myself are evil forces designed to destroy me.  the end.LOL

the photo that caused this rant:

Happens to me all the time!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 6:36am
i have a section of hair at the crown that is a different texture from the rest of my hair.  this is the section that i texturized to make it more managable and look more like the rest of my hair. now over 2 1/2 years post  im noticing now that i kinda treat that section like the relative nobody likesLOL

because its at the crown its kinda easy to just hide it away and not put much care into it.  im also noticing that its the shortest section and may be part of the reason my hair grows in a  "W". 

so my new plan is to start nurturing that section instead of ignoring it.  when i washed my hair earlier this week i sectioned my hair into 3 sections so i could really pay attention to that section and noticed that the scalp is more sensitive, the hair feels rough and wirey.  by separating the hair based on the hair texture it was actually a much easier and a more pleasant washing and detangling session.
im not certain yet but i think this section may also require a different moisturizing technique so im doing to experiment with using thick products on this section.

im going to try and follow this course and see where it leads me.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 5:57am
ive been rinsing my hair a lot since its hot (2 or 3 times  a week).  my hair loves it.
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2013 at 6:02pm
^^^ Tatee- I luv watering- that's what I call rinsing - Cleo too. So refreshing. How is ya crown area doing?

I've been rocking Cleo out lately. Of course, she shrinks to my ears- love/hate. I haven't cowashed in a minute. Plan on it this weekend. I just had a whole bunch of curl enhancing stuff in her and just watered her. The curls been a'popping! One lady that I see in passing asked me if its all mine. I told her that she was. She said that I must have hair down to my butt. Not yet! Here's a pic or two(lol)

And

Here's a close up of the poppage- LOL

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures