Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Ritle Ritle wrote:

@LadyAradia
Of course hair is more prone to tangle the more it curls, but there are ways to not have that happen as much, by finding out the right method and right products that will work for it instead of against it, even for the hair lazy ones among us(like myself ).
And of course dipping your hair under water and then coming out is not going to be the same for hair that curls and moves in the water and hair that is straight, so it's best to wash your hair with the showerhead if you want to diminish the chances of it tangling while loose.

If your preference is straight hair then BKT is for you, but if the preference goes to dealing with the hair without the use of chemicals then BKT is not recommendable. Henna is so time consuming and really not suitable for those that do not want to spend hours on hair, despite it's benefits.I don't think a chemical treatment is what makes someone's hair look pretty, I think it's how it's taken care of that will bring out it's beauty.I do understand your enthusiasm though, but sometimes we have to realize that enthusiasm for something might be misplaced for some.

nevermind

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 10 2013 at 9:03pm
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 10:28am
Ritle i have to give you hug for that and for understanding my rant for what it was and not making it into something it wasntHug
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 11 2013 at 6:43pm
Lol@ Lady! She truly is the BKT pusher. Its cool to hear that she's had good experiences with those txts. But, I
agree its not for everyone nor is it the solution to every hair issue.

I see where Tatee is coming from. I am truly hair lazy and refuse to be a slave to my hair. Buns, puffs, ponies, and an occasional plaitout is all I can muster. Plus, Cleo responds really well to it. So, we're good.

We all have frustrations along the way with our hair and we vent. T's frustration didn't appear to be with her texture its the tangles. Yes, a smoothing or straightening txt could possibly make life easier for her. But, when your hair lazy- ain't nobody got time for that! Lol! Plus, she likes her texture- not the tangles that come along with it. T, one hair lazy chick to another- once you find a simple method and products to decrease the tangles- you'll be all good.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 6:55am
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Lol@ Lady! She truly is the BKT pusher. Its cool to hear that she's had good experiences with those txts. But, I
agree its not for everyone nor is it the solution to every hair issue.

I see where Tatee is coming from. I am truly hair lazy and refuse to be a slave to my hair. Buns, puffs, ponies, and an occasional plaitout is all I can muster. Plus, Cleo responds really well to it. So, we're good.

We all have frustrations along the way with our hair and we vent. T's frustration didn't appear to be with her texture its the tangles. Yes, a smoothing or straightening txt could possibly make life easier for her. But, when your hair lazy- ain't nobody got time for that! Lol! Plus, she likes her texture- not the tangles that come along with it. T, one hair lazy chick to another- once you find a simple method and products to decrease the tangles- you'll be all good.

LuvHeart there wasnt really an issue i just did back to back twists for months without properly detangling which is something i do a few time a year and also come and complain about it and people usually ignore it. for some reason this time people chose not to and choose to believe that i hate my hair and need a looser textureLOL.

i guess its just hard for people to believe that im not like them and im not going to spend more than 5 minutes a day on my hair without it meaning something deeper.

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:20am
whatever you are doing is working bc you've got a lot of hair.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 8:36pm
Awww no prob Tatee.
I am glad my way too long essay was received well .

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2013 at 8:48pm
@ Tatee- lol! Oh, ok. (High five to my truly lazy hair girl) Girl, I did the same thing, but with a bun. I think I kept that sucker in for 3 weeks w/o taking it down. Girl, that was the bird's nest from hell when I finally took it down! Lol! Never again.

T, I don't think Lady was coming from a bad place. You know how folk always say - well, I know I hear this all the time- Idk why you always have ya hair in a bun or puff when ya got all dat hair! I would wear it out all the time. Well, I tell them I luv length, but I'm lazy. Buns are my friend. Some folk really can't comprehend that I'm not interested in learning how to style all of this hair. I just want the hair! LOL! That's why y'all will often see me say I may do this style and then end up saying - nope, I bunned her up.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 12:32am
Smh I've been neglecting my hair all week.. it is sooooo thirsty. And my hair is never thirsty smh. I need to put a satin pillowcase on my bfs bed, I'm trippin. I've been just not wrapping or capping it and sleeping on his cheap cotton pillowcases whenever I'm there sometimes 4 days a week smh. Bad hair parent. Ill dc/protein with heat after I do a black tea/acv. Rinse to make up for it (I hope). I've had it in a tight high pony all week looking like sideshow bob. I neeed to get it together lol. I didn't used to mind primping and tending to my hair all the time. I dunno what happened.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

Smh I've been neglecting my hair all week.. it is sooooo thirsty. And my hair is never thirsty smh. I need to put a satin pillowcase on my bfs bed, I'm trippin. I've been just not wrapping or capping it and sleeping on his cheap cotton pillowcases whenever I'm there sometimes 4 days a week smh. Bad hair parent. Ill dc/protein with heat after I do a black tea/acv. Rinse to make up for it (I hope). I've had it in a tight high pony all week looking like sideshow bob. I neeed to get it together lol. I didn't used to mind primping and tending to my hair all the time. I dunno what happened.

I totally get the night routine laziness, I had to learn the hard way too because cotton will teach your hair a lesson you will never forget so you're right about the satin pillowcase, that way at least you won't have to worry about how you wear your hair to bed.
LOL @the sideshow bob reference.
Hope the TLC will bring it back to it's usual self soon enough.

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 12:41pm
You know... that and after all this time elapsed. My hair though not broken or breaking... hasn't grown a micromillimeter.

Edited by momentoindigo - Jun 15 2013 at 12:42pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System