BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 11:52am
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

all hairdressers say that. they don't know what AA hair is supposed to look like in it's natural state, only how to assess the need of a chemical treatment, which yes will be kinks and curls! That's why I don't go to salons anymore smh. When I stopped taking advice and heed from them is when my hair finally breached shoulder length and longer. Unless you've been using alcohol on it everyday and combing it dry with a finetoothed comb daily... then odds are you only need a heavy trim at best. Hair dressers stay under the impression that if it's healthy it will lay smooth and flat but it's not always the case especially depending on the texture. A lot of hairdressers get thrown off by my natural two toned color and just assume it's broken and trim away but really it just doesn't look as shiny because it's a lighter color.

But on another note... the super big rollers are a no-go far as I can tell. They won't stay up no matter how many places I clip them. They just keep moving around and loosening itself and then the hair coming off the sides of it. And maybe my head is shaped wrong but I need more than 3 rollers (I see everyone do 3 rows? side, middle, side...) but I need more but there's not enough space for a fourth. I dunno if that makes sense but I was STRUGGLING last night. I had to take it all down smh after getting 70% through it and realizing all the hair was coming off and rolling up. But also all my hair isn't the same length/long enough to make a full rotation and get tucked under the roller near my from. I have some super long baby hair but not long enough. BAH. So I gave up and blew it out lightly for no reason since all my curls were too jacked and stringy to save it and play it like a wash n go for the next day.
LOL So true...peep this, prior to the woman cutting my hair, she was fighting with it...I have been texlaxing for over a year, and I hadn't done any chemical treatment at all since Jan...so it was a bit unruly. Anyway, she fighting trying to comb thru it...and I say to her, is my hair ok? Meaning the condition, she goes, it needs everything, it need relax, it need color, cut...I'm like Shocked this dis bish just say that...I said, really, not all hair needs to be relaxed, she said no you're right, but some do...Shocked

Now I wasn't gonna get into no foolishness with this lady, cuz my hair needed to be done, but I won't be going back to her.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 4:32pm
OK so I got my sponge Velcro rollers in the mail today and my hair looks GREAT  with them!!! However, some of you were right that they do tend to snag the hair too much.. So now I will buy some other type of Jumbo rollers for wet sets.

I WILL Continue to use them when I have to sleep in rollers until I get some plain 2" sponge rollers for sleeping

But bottom line... I LOVE my hair rolled on 1 3/4" - 2" or larger / bouffant rollers far more than blow dried!!! Blow dried hair can be FRIZZY but rolled hair on Jumbo/Bouffant rollers is PERFECT!! Tongue

PS I waited until the hair was BONE DRY to take the rollers out.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 20 2013 at 6:50pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 7:49am
i need this in my life

Ghana Braids

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 4:42pm
[IMG Hey Ladies! I'm on Day 1 of my four day weekend and I was considering putting in the keratiin txt but... This bun right here has completely changed my mind:

So easy, breezy and cute! Now, I gotta convince the Hubby to hold off.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 7:37am
@Momentoindigo Nice "blowout-look".
@LadyAradia Magnetic rollers should do the trick, most likely the jumbo rollers(will save so much time).

You can either get the snap on version but personally I think securing with a clip is better, especially if you choose the jumbo version.
@Luv Love the bun
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:15am
Thanks Rittle I will try those with caps and clips and see which works better.
Luvmybiga$$fro, I hope your hubbie wins on this because you can STILL rock your bun with the keratin treatment. You may like it even more that way when it defines your curls really well.  Just look at it as a conditioner with a flatiron treatment. I am sure you will love it!!! Looking forward to photos of your wonderful results Smile

Edited by LadyAradia - May 25 2013 at 11:12am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 8:02am
not putting glycerine products on my twists really worked well this round.  i havent had to restyle or do anything to my hair in 9 days other than spray my treatment on my scalp.  surprisingly my hair remained moisturized.  i have to take down my bun in a few minutes to cleanse my scalp and rinse my twists. im not looking forward to it but atlas it must be done

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 8:11am
you know how you look in the mirror an your hair looks greatBig smile.  so nice that youre like ahhh yeah let me take pic a this and then you look at the photo and its likeErmm nothing you just saw in the mirrorStern Smilewtf.  i have now decided (for self preservation) that what i see in my bathroom mirror is the truth and all other mirrors, photos and images of myself are evil forces designed to destroy me.  the end.LOL

the photo that caused this rant:

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2013 at 8:48am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

you know how you look in the mirror an your hair looks greatBig smile.  so nice that youre like ahhh yeah let me take pic a this and then you look at the photo and its likeErmm nothing you just saw in the mirrorStern Smilewtf.  i have now decided (for self preservation) that what i see in my bathroom mirror is the truth and all other mirrors, photos and images of myself are evil forces designed to destroy me.  the end.LOL

the photo that caused this rant:

LMBO, I mean literally laughing out loud... happens to me all the time, me and my cousin to be exact, we be like, "I don't like this mirror lets go to the bathroom". I don't know what it is, I think It has a lot to do with the lighting. cause whether its my bathroom or hers it has to be the bathroom. all other mirrors doesn't do me or my hair justice.
lmbo thanx for the laugh tatee
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 105>