Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 6:59pm
welp ladies I may be out of the running for WL by the end of the year...I cut my hair about 2"...so it's back to bsl...Cry
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

welp ladies I may be out of the running for WL by the end of the year...I cut my hair about 2"...so it's back to bsl...Cry

girl aint nobody tryna hear that.  get to head massages and standing on your heard or somethingLOL but you aint giving up with 7 months in a year left. nah son.LOL

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 5:58am
so i retwisted my hair and for some reason it felt like it took for ever and a day and mine you its only 28 twistsStern Smile...damn i felt embarrassed typing thatLOL but this time didnt use glycerin based products (see rant).  im hoping this will make them last longer (fresh) before i wash them and they turn funky which i actually like but i think im suppose to pretend that i dontLOL. they came out cute in my half ass way of doing things and i put them in a bun because i want them to look more locs.

every time i do my hair my brain tells me part my hair correctly (evenly) but my fingers say hell naw.  i just cant do it and at the moment of doing my hair i know that parting my hair is the last strawLOL so i give in to the lazy and say it.  its the same feeling i had when i tried finger detangling for a month.  after that month i told myself i would cut it all off first.  laziness once again reigns supreme.Clap *takes bow*
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 8:10am
Jewles im back to bsl since a 2in trim took me to just below apl. And im still trying to make it to wsl this yr, so just get on ur grind we can try/do it together! !!!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 9:06am
@Omega- Great growth and hair!

@Momento- Luv the rollerset results! So shiny and cute!

@Jewels and Nay- Y'all most def can get to WL by the end of the yr. Hoping for a Summer growth spurt for y'all!!

I really feel Cleo is sprouting. The itchies and soreness is still around. Its more pronounced since I've gone back curly. I feel the need to cowash more or water my hair daily. I've been trying to get a good wash n go but no dice. Imma play around with Cleo this weekend and see.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 10:24am
(Tatee glycerine is GREAT and makes the hair really soft if you are going to KEEP it twisted or loosen it wearing it similar to the natural  curl pattern. But if you are twisting it to try to stretch it or roller set it so you can wear it loose  and stretched straight then no  because it keeps it too wet and constantly shrinking/reverting  too much to stretch that much)

Edited by LadyAradia - May 18 2013 at 10:39am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 10:44am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

(Tatee glycerine is GREAT and makes the hair really soft if you are going to KEEP it twisted or loosen it wearing it similar to the natural  curl pattern. But if you are twisting it to try to stretch it or roller set it so you can wear it loose  and stretched straight then no  because it keeps it too wet and constantly shrinking/reverting  too much to stretch that much)

why did this post remind me of when you tell somebody something you found out and they say "girl, you aint know that? i thought you knew." *sucks teef*

LOL
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 11:09am
thanks luv

and hell im still at bsl too. who knows if im even still there. im only here pretending ima make it to waist length lmao. just keeps me caring for my hair. it goes through phases of looking healthier but yields no growth regardless lol. it's not even breaking anymore at all, yet... Stern Smile

girl i wish i could rock twists i didn't part within an inch of my life. i be lookin like felisha off friday regardless of how i wear them if i don't box the eff out of them parts lol.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 10:21am
LOL You guys are too funny! Ok...ok...I'm gonna give it all I got. I'm gonna hit my viatmins hard, exercise, up my water intake & start the sulfur after Tuesday (don't wanna be stinky for an app). I'll take pictures next week so you guys can see what's going on. I went to a hairdresser, and she said I needed to get it cut, and actually I needed more than that cut...but I wasn't going for all that...
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 11:45am
all hairdressers say that. they don't know what AA hair is supposed to look like in it's natural state, only how to assess the need of a chemical treatment, which yes will be kinks and curls! That's why I don't go to salons anymore smh. When I stopped taking advice and heed from them is when my hair finally breached shoulder length and longer. Unless you've been using alcohol on it everyday and combing it dry with a finetoothed comb daily... then odds are you only need a heavy trim at best. Hair dressers stay under the impression that if it's healthy it will lay smooth and flat but it's not always the case especially depending on the texture. A lot of hairdressers get thrown off by my natural two toned color and just assume it's broken and trim away but really it just doesn't look as shiny because it's a lighter color.

But on another note... the super big rollers are a no-go far as I can tell. They won't stay up no matter how many places I clip them. They just keep moving around and loosening itself and then the hair coming off the sides of it. And maybe my head is shaped wrong but I need more than 3 rollers (I see everyone do 3 rows? side, middle, side...) but I need more but there's not enough space for a fourth. I dunno if that makes sense but I was STRUGGLING last night. I had to take it all down smh after getting 70% through it and realizing all the hair was coming off and rolling up. But also all my hair isn't the same length/long enough to make a full rotation and get tucked under the roller near my from. I have some super long baby hair but not long enough. BAH. So I gave up and blew it out lightly for no reason since all my curls were too jacked and stringy to save it and play it like a wash n go for the next day.

Edited by momentoindigo - May 19 2013 at 11:47am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6667686970 105>
  Share Topic