Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
darkvalkyrie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkvalkyrie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 9:56am
Oh damn LOL!! I'm going to whip up another 4oz batch again and see if I can do better this time. I love experimenting :) I really hate to waste stuff so ill just use the rest of this for an overnight pre-poo or something haha. I do have tons of fragrance oils I can try though. Also, the JBCO itself smells much more than the sulfur. It actually makes me gag a bit if I sniff it directly (yuck!). I know if I leave the oil uncovered for a few days, the scent should dissipate a bit (I think), but do you think this would this also reduce its effectiveness?
Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 10:19am
I was thinking the same thing. I only use 6 drops per 6oz of shea buttter its way scented plenty.

I don't know why the scent would dissipate. It smells that way because of what the oil is made up of, not because of something added to it that will dissolve into the air or something.
darkvalkyrie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkvalkyrie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 10:42am
I remember reading somewhere that it smells that way because the castor beans are roasted, so you get that burnt/nutty smell. I'm just assuming that leaving it uncovered for a few days would cause the smell to go away since that happens with other things (the scent of lotions, leave in conditioners, perfumes etc goes away or are not nearly as strong a few hours after application for instance), but you might be right and it wont make a difference. I want to try it out though just to see :) I'll pour it in an open container and leave it uncovered for a week and see if the smell goes away and report back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:06am
good look. let me know how it goes. i use the lavender one. it doesn't seem as bad. 
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 9:39pm
OMG! Shea moisture purification masque!!! I am in love.  Will be doing this every week.  My hair feels so good right now.  I haven't felt this way since the old ORS deep conditioner.  My hair doesn't like that anymore, so I am going to stick with this new masque.

:)
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Whew!  You ladies are NOT playing in here! *drool*

Bella-
Did you say an inch from HL?? Wow, that's great!

I'm loving all of the pix.  Sorry, I haven't been posting.  I'm waiting until my April length check to post pix. 

Yep, thanks, excited.  I can't wait for your April update though!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 9:57pm
I've been waiting to decide if I should get that masque. Other than their oil elixirs cuz I think they r irrelevent since I have a million oils, I have almost their complete line minus that and 2 other things. I must invest lol.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 10:43pm
Hi Ladies hope everyone is growing well! For the past month or so I've been back on my game. I'm popping my vitamins, drinking water & started back on the sulfur mix 2x's per week.

I went online and did some shopping for some new items here's what I got:

burdock oil for pre-poo treatment
nupur & indigo to henna & bamboo kendi oil which I will use as a light weight oil.

I'm gonna do 2-step protein treatment and hopefully I'll see the fruits of my labor in a few weeks....
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 10:28am
Good morning, Ladies! I was a chaperone on my boy's 1st overnight trip Thursday and Friday, so it was truly a good thing I was straight bc I had no time for my usual hair care if I was curly. Had no time ro take pics either. Plus, I had serious hat hair !

But, this weekend, I'm going to moisturize with ORS HAIRepair Anti-Breakage Crème and seal with Exquisite Oil. Then, I'll wrap it up all day in prep for Hubby to flat iron her on Sunday. I'll get him to take a length check to see where Cleo is now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 12:21pm
been trying to loc method every day using my jazzed up whipped shea butter as my cream. hopefully this will do something for my hair's life. i think im gonna hop on the bandwagon and order some sulfur to dc with.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 104>