BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2013 at 8:33pm
Update on my hair: I have been doing less to my hair, and I think that is a good thing.  I simply two strand twist at night, rinse in the morning then unravel for a cute twist out look.  I re-twist at night then rub in raw shea butter.  Today I combed it out for the first time in over a week and had some breaking/shedding but a lot less than usual.  My scalp was stinking so I shampooed and am deep conditioning now.  I think I will stick with washing my hair once a week or less.  I like this more laid back approach.  
Sponsored Links

momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 3:56pm
do to my current weight loss challenge and diet change im actually doing a lot of protein via protein bars and supplements after my workout
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

Yeah I'm sure that's it. I haven't done any other dying... while my hair does split and break easy, I don't see how that would contribute to the rate it grows from my scalp. I take several growth aids on a regular basis and always sleep in my satin cap and on my satin pillowcase. I moisturizer and seal usually 5 days a week.

I take msm, super collagen, flaxseed oil, cla, d, c, zinc, and b complete. i exercise 6 days a week, and am on a majority fruit and veggie diet :S I've also had my thyroid cleared as being normal. 

I've honestly always suspected my growth rate was this slow though. Year before last I took IMMACULATE care of my hair. So many growth aids and GHE 5 days a week and all types of cayenne pepper infused jbco + Megatek and protective styles always and daily moisturizing etc. Nothing. 

My super collagen supplement is relatively new though. Maybe it will do something.

Hug
which one was suppose actually increase growth rate?
since none of that stuff worked for you and you are pretty much guaranteed 2 inches of growth, why dont you stop with the growth aides, let your scalp breathe, keep it clean and massage it once in while.  try a simple routine for 1 to 3 months and see how that works for you.  you can always go back to "growth aid" experimentation.

moreHug
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 5:55pm
off topic but every time i try to take a bunch of vitamins, all I get is weight gain...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 6:02pm

do to my current weight loss challenge and diet change im actually doing a lot of protein via protein bars and supplements after my workout

oh ok, i just asked because you said you mostly eat fruits and veggies.  how is your water intake? i am constantly working on that....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 6:02pm
thanks Big smile Hug  i have a few deficiencies (iron, d/calcium/bone density) so i try to maintain vitamins. plus to help my joints for my weight loss expedition and crazy exercise lol. my mom thinks she's a witch doctor of sorts and swears if we all take vitamins and herbs now while we're "young," we won't have to take crazy pills and medicines later. *shrugs* who knows. i figure they can't hurt. i tried to maintain growth for years before without any growth aides.

But I honestly didn't maintain ANY growth between 2005 and 2009. Like none. That's when I wasn't taking anything but that's also when I was pressing once every 2-3 months, shampooing with sulfates, and using majority petroleum products. It wasn't until I stopped heat and grease that I started retaining any length at all. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my life.

The super collagen is my newest supplement. I can see how it's helping my skin though. My lips are plumper and my hair hasn't shed hardly at all, which it usually does a LOT when it's straight. It's been pressed for 2.5 weeks now. I'm washing and deep conditioning tonight finally.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2013 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

oh ok, i just asked because you said you mostly eat fruits and veggies.  how is your water intake? i am constantly working on that....

it used to be superb consistently, even though I never noticed it helping with hair growth. it could be better (as of the past 6 weeks). its going to be a lot better once i move into my new place this week. I've been living with my sister and she has no filters/pitchers/fridge room so you drink from the tap or drain ur money on lots of bottled. and this isn't the neighborhood you'd like to be drinkin from the tap haha. new place is much more convenient in several ways far as water intake goes, though. so glad to be fixing that aspect of my diet. I would say the past 6 weeks, I've only maintained about 5 glasses a day though. I preferably average 8 to 12.
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 5:40pm
1/4 inch in one week. WSL here i come
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 6:37pm
Hey ladies!  So sorry I have been M.I.A. :(

I have to stay in this challenge b/c it's getting so hard to cover my hair these days.  And I just did a blowout so I'm seeing and feeling my length.  Everyone is playing in it (weave checking) and I've never had this kind of stuff happen before! 

I think I'm gonna try to stick w/mini braids and small twists with no extensions.  I just can't keep up on my wigs like I used to.  Too much fun rockin my hair. 

I sure hope I make it to WL cause I'm really slippin...
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Hey ladies!  So sorry I have been M.I.A. :(

I have to stay in this challenge b/c it's getting so hard to cover my hair these days.  And I just did a blowout so I'm seeing and feeling my length.  Everyone is playing in it (weave checking) and I've never had this kind of stuff happen before! 

I think I'm gonna try to stick w/mini braids and small twists with no extensions.  I just can't keep up on my wigs like I used to.  Too much fun rockin my hair. 

I sure hope I make it to WL cause I'm really slippin...

How dare you return without pics!!!!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style