BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 2:13pm
Did my first Peanut Butter treat (by way of protein/hot oil treatment combo) and it went amazing. My hair has never been so fluffy and strong on the same day i wash and condition. i usually have so much shrinkage and whatnot that it takes a few days of tossing it around and letting it get dryish to get the volume this gave me. Love it and will do this for protein from now on.
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 3:30pm
Great job ladies!

MTI, beautiful! Which page did you describe what youre talking about LOL.. I want to try it when I take my weave out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:53am
I don't think I described it on here. This is how I did mine:

Washed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo
Then using about a haldful and a half of creamy JIF peanut butter I coated my ends to about half way my strands. I Didn't really see it necessary to do my roots and scalp and figured that area would soak up the most  peanut smell. So I just started from halfway my hair to my tips. I did however put macadamia nut oil on the other parts of my hair so those parts were at least getting a hot oil treatment (olive, grapeseed, jojoba oil will work the same though).

Then I piled my hair ontop of my head into a bun under a shower cap and put on my conditioning cap for an hour on it's highest heat setting.

I use this one:

However, if your nape is a problem area I wouldn't recommend that cap. The nape area doesn't really heat up. But that's not an issue for me personally.

Anyhoo. Then I rinsed out with plenty of water. Then I conditioned with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner.

Then did some minor detangling and did the LOC method. That's it. Cheapest protein treatment everrrr. Plus with the oils in the peanut butter you're getting a real good hot oil treatment, too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:55am
and thanks!
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 2:56pm
hi, ladies!  happy sunday!  pretty hair, momento! :-)

i am still in my small twists...about to wash with my homemade shampoo and dc w/ aubrey organics hsr.  love having twists in - no detangling!!

will try to show a pic when i am all fresh and clean. :-)
bretagnesade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretagnesade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 7:29pm
So I've been wearing my hair in a protective French braid for a good month now.

I take it out at the end of the week (or whenever scalp gets really itchy) to wash my hair. I didn't wash after taking it out on Saturday but I deep conditioned to help with moisture. I GHE'd about twice last week.

But my hair does feel fuller. The bun I have now has weight to it :) I'm also going to see about Hairfinity and try my luck with that. One month down.

HHG ladies :)Thumbs Up

CrownRhoyale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrownRhoyale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Crown: Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!!!!! I can't speak on growth aides as I have never used them. I have used HSN vits and have rec'd good growth with them. I have done scalp massages on my own and from the Hubby(oooh, he gives the best scalp massages). I can't say that they increased growth, but I always felt a good tingling sensation with them. I have read that garlic pills does well with shedding, but I have no experience with that either. I also think that I read molasses works well for shedding too. Soi, there are a few options out there for you to research. HTH!

Well, I said I  had nothing new to report, but I do. I find myself moisturizing at least 2xs a week. I think I may need to start moisturizing nightly since I'm becoming partial to rolling my hair on the satin rollers almost nightly. I'm finding that I really don't care for stick straight hair all the time. But, satin rollers and cold weather seems to be drying for Cleo's ends. I can go about 3-4 days before my ends dry out, especially if I'm wearing my hair down(which I have been doing at least 2-3xs a week). So, I will prolly start moisturizing more.

My wash day should be this weekend, but I'm going to push it back until next weekend bc I just don't feel like it after dealing with a sick kid w/ the flu for the past week. Plus, I fell down the steps(have no clue how the heck it happened) on Wed. So... ummm... yeahLOL

Thanks, I definitely going to look into the vitamins and garlic pills...
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:36am
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

Did my first Peanut Butter treat (by way of protein/hot oil treatment combo) and it went amazing. My hair has never been so fluffy and strong on the same day i wash and condition. i usually have so much shrinkage and whatnot that it takes a few days of tossing it around and letting it get dryish to get the volume this gave me. Love it and will do this for protein from now on.

Girl, your curls are gorgeous! Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:43am
Thanks. I recommend the pb treatment for manageability definitely. It loosened my texture temporarily so my curls and coils were like half as tight as usual. Similar to dcing with coconut cream.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 11:39am
Since the perm on Jan 4th, I'm only seeing about 1/4 inch growth. Going to amp it up with some DE and baggy more often with MTG. I do however notice MORE GREY HAIR. Ugh...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 105>
  Share Topic