- post your starting photo and Fotki - soon to follow, once I figure out how to throw some pix up here, in the mean time this is my Fotki:
- post your starting length and expected WL date:
my most recent pix were taken 12/16/12, however that same night after taking the pictures I ended up trimming my hair down to WL... so I'm starting at WL lol
- I expect (pray lol) for my hair to start grazing HL ATLEEEAST in May/Juneish... and than to be full HL by Fall '13.
- post your hair status: natural since high school (2004)
- post your DETAILED regimen: I've fallen off hard with this! This whole summer, I barely wrapped my hair at night and def. was not gentle. and I can almost guarantee this is the reason why I barely retained much length this year...doesn't even feel like it grew at all much but it has! Just wasn't committed smh...
So my regimen (never anything crazy) is:
-ALWAYS wrap hair at night, no matter how sleepy I am and be more gentle with my hair! I was extremely rough and careless with my hair this summer, constantly swimming and than throwing my hair up in a bun...with rubber bands... yeah that's right I said it... WITH FRIGGIN RUBBER BANDS!!!... worked at a summer camp and constantly had to sacrifice my scrunchies for kids who forgot theirs and couldn't fit their hair in the swim camps- so to avoid their tears and then hearing it from their parents I gave up mine --(((i know, i know... i'm an angel))))-- lolz... but this has caused almost as much breakage that I had when I started transitioning in 8th grade and then again in 10th. so right now my hair is thin, and my goal is to get it thick, full and healthy again!
- WINTER REGIMEN- low manipulation styles, satin scrunchies and DC with the Heutiful Hair Steamer every Sunday. DC of choice is JessiCurls "Deep Conditioning Treatment".
-Night regimen, after washing hair, apply my leave in (Infusium 23), add a little of the JessiCurls DCT as a moisturizer and then seal it with coconut or EVOO... which ever I have in stock at home lol
- Braid outs will be my main style this winter..
- if I'm in a rush I'll end up doing a wash and go, but during the winters I
(1.) apply my leave-ins (Infusium 23)
(2.) apply some evoo or jojoba oil or any other type of oil that can be absorbed by the hair (not coconut oil!!)
(3.) THAN I gel my hair up with Eco Style Custard (usually the Olive oil, Argan or the clear once... depends what they have at the store)
Summer Regimen... still undecided since this summer i FAILED! lol... I'll def keep youse posted once spring rolls around....
Updates: at least 2x a month (tell us about your progress)... I'll try! New job, and becoming a gym rat makes it hard to update but I'll try my best! And I don't have a computer and my phone hates me... so whenever I have access to a comp. i will!!
Photo Check-Ins: by the last day of each month (Jan-Nov) in 2013 - I've decided not to use any heat on my hair this year, I'll probably straighten my hair for my birthday (November) and NYE'14 but otherwise all my pictures will be when my hair is wet and I'll just have to pull it straight to determine the length...
Photo Finish: December 31, 2013- can't wait... hopefully I'll be full Hip Length!!
.:breathes:.... wow that was a lot... lol hope i didn't BORE YOUSE ALL TO DEATH!
Edited by BrzlnBrwni - Jan 13 2013 at 3:59pm