BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 9:09am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Ritle im loving your siggy

Heart

Thank you

@Luv, I am a disaster with wrapping for the same reason so I wish you luck.

@Cherry89 Great pics, you'll make it to hip length soon enough.
Sponsored Links

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 10:52am
last night I deep conditioned under the dryer with CON argan oil treatment and HASK placenta conditioner on my ends.  I then slept with it on, I am going to wash it out when I stop being lazy and get into the  shower  :\
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

After date night yesteday, Hubby flat ironed Cleo for me. He used the comb chase method w/o knowing that's what we call it! Lol! He got Cleo really straight. We decided to leave the trimming to my stylist since I have natural layers.

I may try and wrap her since he got her so straight. But, I'm hit or miss with the wrapping. Plus, she's heavy and falls as I try to wrap her. So, we'll see.

Happy Friday, Ladies!

your hubby flat ironed your hair?  that is quite adorable

Right! My stuff would be BURNTUP (one word!!!) lol. Lucky. I'm gonna see if I can get boo to help me with mine... although I just got a knot in my stomach thinking about it lmao.

Anyhoo.... I only thoroughly detangle (like with denman and all) once a month which I did last night after a cowash. Any other time is finger detangling. Didn't lose that much hair either! Very hype about that. I usually lose half a handful or something.

Did major LLOC method afterwards so my hair looks like a wig somewhat from being so moisturized. I'm relieved though. I thought my ends were looking so scraggily all along because they were completely broken.... there are splits... but it turns out I just wasn't using enough Leave in conditioner before my oil and cream and wasn't distributing it efficiently to coat well enough LOL It looks like a whole new head of hair some how lol
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

After date night yesteday, Hubby flat ironed Cleo for me. He used the comb chase method w/o knowing that's what we call it! Lol! He got Cleo really straight. We decided to leave the trimming to my stylist since I have natural layers.

I may try and wrap her since he got her so straight. But, I'm hit or miss with the wrapping. Plus, she's heavy and falls as I try to wrap her. So, we'll see.

Happy Friday, Ladies!

your hubby flat ironed your hair?  that is quite adorable

Right! My stuff would be BURNTUP (one word!!!) lol. Lucky. I'm gonna see if I can get boo to help me with mine... although I just got a knot in my stomach thinking about it lmao.

Anyhoo.... I only thoroughly detangle (like with denman and all) once a month which I did last night after a cowash. Any other time is finger detangling. Didn't lose that much hair either! Very hype about that. I usually lose half a handful or something.

Did major LLOC method afterwards so my hair looks like a wig somewhat from being so moisturized. I'm relieved though. I thought my ends were looking so scraggily all along because they were completely broken.... there are splits... but it turns out I just wasn't using enough Leave in conditioner before my oil and cream and wasn't distributing it efficiently to coat well enough LOL It looks like a whole new head of hair some how lol

LOL!!!  LOL
BrzlnBrwni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrzlnBrwni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 3:40pm

- post your starting photo and Fotki - soon to follow, once I figure out how to throw some pix up here, in the mean time this is my Fotki:

http://members.fotki.com/BrzlnBrwni973/about/

- post your starting length and expected WL date:

my most recent pix were taken 12/16/12, however that same night after taking the pictures I ended up trimming my hair down to WL... so I'm starting at WL lol

- I expect (pray lol) for my hair to start grazing HL ATLEEEAST in May/Juneish... and than to be full HL by Fall '13.

- post your hair status: natural since high school (2004)

- post your DETAILED regimen: I've fallen off hard with this! This whole summer, I barely wrapped my hair at night and def. was not gentle. and I can almost guarantee this is the reason why I barely retained much length this year...doesn't even feel like it grew at all much but it has! Just wasn't committed smh... 

So my regimen (never anything crazy) is:

-ALWAYS wrap hair at night, no matter how sleepy I am and be more gentle with my hair! I was extremely rough and careless with my hair this summer, constantly swimming and than throwing my hair up in a bun...with rubber bands...  yeah that's right I said it... WITH FRIGGIN RUBBER BANDS!!!... worked at a summer camp and constantly had to sacrifice my scrunchies for kids who forgot theirs and couldn't fit their hair in the swim camps- so to avoid their tears and then hearing it from their parents I gave up mine --(((i know, i know... i'm an angelStar))))-- lolz... but this has caused almost as much breakage that I had when I started transitioning in 8th grade and then again in 10th. Cry so right now my hair is thin, and my goal is to get it thick, full and healthy again!

- WINTER REGIMEN- low manipulation styles, satin scrunchies and DC with the Heutiful Hair Steamer every Sunday. DC of choice is JessiCurls "Deep Conditioning Treatment".

-Night regimen, after washing hair, apply my leave in (Infusium 23), add a little of the JessiCurls DCT as a moisturizer and then seal it with coconut or EVOO... which ever I have in stock at home lol

- Braid outs will be my main style this winter..

- if I'm in a rush I'll end up doing a wash and go, but during the winters I 

(1.) apply my leave-ins (Infusium 23)

(2.) apply some evoo or jojoba oil or any other type of oil that can be absorbed by the hair (not coconut oil!!)

(3.) THAN I gel my hair up with Eco Style Custard (usually the Olive oil, Argan or the clear once... depends what they have at the store)

Summer Regimen... still undecided since this summer i FAILED! lol... I'll def keep youse posted once spring rolls around....

Updates: at least 2x a month (tell us about your progress)... I'll try! New job, and becoming a gym rat makes it hard to update but I'll try my best! And I don't have a computer and my phone hates me... so whenever I have access to a comp. i will!!

Photo Check-Ins: by the last day of each month (Jan-Nov) in 2013 - I've decided not to use any heat on my hair this year, I'll probably straighten my hair for my birthday (November) and NYE'14 but otherwise all my pictures will be when my hair is wet and I'll just have to pull it straight to determine the length...

Photo Finish: December 31, 2013- can't wait... hopefully I'll be full Hip Length!!

.:breathes:.... wow that was a lot... lol hope i didn't BORE YOUSE ALL TO DEATH! EmbarrassedDeadLOL

Edited by BrzlnBrwni - Jan 13 2013 at 3:59pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrzlnBrwni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 3:44pm
12 16 12 whp length Vshape

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrzlnBrwni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 3:45pm
12 16 12 whp length
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 3:57pm
^nice hair!!  *drool*

I am glad to see so many people joining this challenge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrzlnBrwni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 4:14pm
hey thanks doll!
as do you, just checked out your Fotki berry berry nice Smile
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:16am
Bella and Indigo- This man keeps bringing products and tools home and he knows I lubs my hair, so he takes part too. He said that since it intrests me- he wants in too. Awww! Please trust, I was anal at first, but he's a quick study!

Ritle- I chucked that wrapping idea. I was not in the mood to fight. We decide satin curlers ftw! Lol!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 105>
  Share Topic