Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:01pm
hi, ladies. hope everyone is well. :-)

i really need to wash my hair. am going to hold off until wed when i go swimming.  am doing a new ps - banana clip with tucked ends. no gel, no combing. i like it.

will take a pic when i do it for work tomorrow morning.

i refuse to length check until june/july.  i just want to do something different to my hair, but keep it protected, moisturized, and low manipulation.  so, am trying a lot of different dc's, lots of new protective styles (they have to stay in a week at a time, minimum), and staying with my approach of no combs!

have a great night, y'all!
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 11:11pm
^^ That's around the same time I want to length check. Hopefullu Ill gain my 3-4 inches! 

Okay, Did a dc with Aussie 3 Minute. Loc method and put into a updo Bun. My Hair really like the Loc method. I used Aussie as a leave-in as well and used olive oil afterward and I finished of with some Softee Mango Butter to seal my ends. MY HAIR LOVES THIS!!!! WISH I WOULD HAVE FOUND THIS SOONER!! :) : ) :)
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:14am
Tried to Jimmy Rig my broken steamer, since the one I ordered never came and I had to reorder.  I really wanted to steam tonight.  Ah well Cry Hair Steamer #2,  R.I.P.  *pours out a little conditioner*

Guess I'll just do an overnight DC. *sniff*  Or maybe a warm towel imitation steaming. Unhappy
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:30pm
Last night, I air dried from baggying then sprayed with moisturizer and wrapped up with a silk scarf. 
Tonight, baggying again with MTG and redoing the shea butter on my ends. I really love wearing that headwrap thingy. Its comfortable and I can wear it out. 

On point with all vitamins, and upped my water intake. 

@cherry89 - what's the LOC method?

@NJoy - I've heard that steamers are good, and my local BSS has steamer caps for $30. What does it do and would that be a good replacement for the heating cap I use on washdays?
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:53pm
@njoy, you are sooo funny. :) I hope that steamer arrives so you can get your deeeeeeep condition on. Wink

@Flowonline
Use leave in, seal with oil and creme (Grease, whatever floats ya boat. LOL)

L- Leave In
O-Oil
C- Creme or Grease ( I Use Softee MAngo Butter for a $1 from Dollar Tree)

Here are some links if you want to read more about it. :) HTH!

Something similar to the LOC method

My regi is cowash with Vo5, use Aussie 3 min as a leave in, seal with olive oil, and lock in moisture with Softee mango butter ( Grease) Smells really good.  Then seal into a twisted bun.. :)

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

@njoy, you are sooo funny. :) I hope that steamer arrives so you can get your deeeeeeep condition on. Wink

@Flowonline
Use leave in, seal with oil and creme (Grease, whatever floats ya boat. LOL)

L- Leave In
O-Oil
C- Creme or Grease ( I Use Softee MAngo Butter for a $1 from Dollar Tree)

Here are some links if you want to read more about it. :) HTH!

Something similar to the LOC method

My regi is cowash with Vo5, use Aussie 3 min as a leave in, seal with olive oil, and lock in moisture with Softee mango butter ( Grease) Smells really good.  Then seal into a twisted bun.. :)

Ok. Got it. Just curious though, how do you use Aussie 3m as a leave in? I have some... :-)

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

@NJoy - I've heard that steamers are good, and my local BSS has steamer caps for $30. What does it do and would that be a good replacement for the heating cap I use on washdays?

I've never tried, or even knew there were steamer caps.  I've heard of DC caps, which now that I mention it, I've burned one of those out too. Ouch  As for the steamer, it allows DC to penetrate deeper into the strands because it lifts the cuticles. Your hair is more deeply moisturized so, it keeps your strands and ends supple.  I like to add honey to my DC since it's a humectant, it really pulls in the moisture from the steam.  Also, it increases circulation to the scalp, opens the pores so that dirt, oils and scalp buildup in more easily released as well as scalp stimulation.  Oh, and if you henna, it cuts the time in half.  I think that's the same for dying too.

I. LOVE. STEAMING.  And my hair loves it.  Now, you tell me how that compares to the cap because I'm not familiar.

I broke 2 steamers by bumping them around and the plastick neck would separate the hood from the base.  I'm going with a metal neck now and am GLADLY paying for another.  It's well worth it to me.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:31pm
So yeah, I did end up doing an overnight DC.  I doctored Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and then covered that with oil before sleeping with a plastic cap overnight.  Even before taking my cap off in the morning, I could feel my curls popping.  But, I had an early morning appointment so, I rinsed in the shower, moisturized with shea moisture curl & style milk, pulled my hair into a bun, wrapped it with a bun cover (homemade Marley phonytail) and tied my edges with a decorative scarf to airdry.  I ended up wearing it like that, pretty much all day. When I took off the scarf, my hair was laid.  I almost hate to disturb it to apply my growth mix but, I gots ta do what I gots ta do.

I may remoisturize and twist but, I already know I'm gonna be too lazy to do that tonight. All in all, today was a good day. (Dang, my hair is laid!) Cool
tami73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tami73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:03am
I joined the waist length challenge last year and I completely forgot to update my progress. Sorry flowline, I hope you will let me join this challenge and I will definitely try to keep to your rules! Embarrassed

Ok here are my stats:

- post your starting photo and fotki:

- post your starting length and expected HL date: 
I'm actually shooting for hip length this year. I do have to trim a bit off my ends but even so I reckon HL is within reach by the end of December 2013.

- post your hair status (relaxed, transitioning or natural) - Relaxed ladies, post last perm date. 
Natural

- post your DETAILED regimen (include your vitamins and growth aids):
Reggie is changing this year simply because I will have to re-think my protective styling. My hair has outgrown all my current weaves and I'm not about to spend any more money for hair that I won't wear that often! Ok here is my reggie:

-Prepoo with oil, Wash with sulfate free poo & DC with either a protein conditioner or an all natural home made DC.
-As I plan to wear my hair out more often this year, I am seriously considering washing every two weeks instead of weekly, decision yet to be made.
- Hard protein aka Aphogee two step or henna every 6 weeks or so for strengthening
- Moisturize with creamy leave in daily and seal either with oil or my serum.
- After wash day, wear my hair down for 2-3 days after which it will go into a bun or ponytail until my next wash day.
- In regards to supplements, this year I plan to add some separate supplements rather than an all-in-one. MSM, Silica & Biotin are the frontrunners at the moment but that may change.
- Since I will seriously be working on my body this year as well, I expect a big change of diet which will hopefully help my slow growth to pick up a bit. If I get 5 inches this year, it will be a vast improvement!

- post a link to your Fotki or picture logs

I haven't got a fotki but I do have a blog that is regularly updated with pics. http://www.curlycurvy.com/
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:15pm
Tami don't come in here at the beginning of the year with the damn goal already acomplished! What you doin gyul? Angry

j/k but yes I caught a jealous looking at your length! LOL

Clap 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 105>
  Share Topic