Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

You can do it @flwonline, don't be discouraged. Your hair still looks healthy and thick girlie. 2013 is your year, lets retain some length!! Smile

Thank you for the vote of confidence. As I look at the comparison photo (thank goodness for PICMONKEY.COM), I see that maybe I'm all up in arms for nothing. 

Photo January 4. 2013 left, October 22, 2012 right. 

In Oct, I was sitting at 3 with a few straggles edging to 4. 
In Jan, I'm sitting at 4 with a few straggles edging to 5. 

Also, In the Jan photo my hair isn't smoothed down. So maybe I AM growing! Pics were taken 10 weeks apart, and clearly thickness and length did change. I def got an inch in that timeframe, although I didn't make 2 inches in the 10 weeks. I feel better now...

What do you think? (Be honest. You won't hurt my feelings. I need all the constructive criticism I can get.)

Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:01pm
Flw, im sitting here looking at your fotki and you have me all confused.LOL  how many times did you cut your hair last year?
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:33pm

Revised regi for the new year sounds like a good plan, Flow.  Kudos! Clap 

As for me, no babysitter meant no date night last night.  So, it was a hair night instead. (Clap)

I decided to use up some of this amla I have hanging around and did an amla hair mask.  It seemed to give my curls more definition.

I'm trying to get back on track with daily cowashing and weekly DC'g with steam.  Hard to do when my steamer (2nd one) is cracked in half and the new one never arrived.  *sigh*  I need some steam in my life.  I'm about to break out some splints and duct tape to jimmy rig this thing until my new one shows up. Ouch  Hey.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Flw, im sitting here looking at your fotki and you have me all confused.LOL  how many times did you cut your hair last year?

Dummy me cut 3 times last year. January, June and October. All in the name of trying to have "descent" ends, when my uneven ends were completely healthy. Njoy threatened to beat me, so I've since backed off the scissors. 

The longest I've been is at 8 on my shirt, back in June 2011.
Geez, it really hurts to say that when I'm barely looking at 5. LOL Here's the older photo.
WHY OH WHY DID I CUT WHEN I WAS 3 INCHES AWAY!!!! 

Edited by flwonline - Jan 05 2013 at 9:19pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:48pm
Your ends looked fine to me... Confused They didn't look bad..
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:49pm
@njoy, I need to re-up on some alma something.. I lovvvvvvveeeee the oil.. but the smell is horrid!! Maybe I shoud try the powder again..
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Your ends looked fine to me... Confused They didn't look bad..

Egg-zactly!!! And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Edited by NJoy - Jan 05 2013 at 11:54pm
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:52pm
It's a New Year and I have everything I need to move forward. I promised myself I wont keep staring at least years' photos thinking about my coulda, woulda, shouldas. So, to that end, I cowashed last night and WOW...my hair loved it. I used the Aussie Moist Conditioner. I found a full bottle in the back of my closet. Apparently Im supposed to be cowashing! I did a blowdry on medium, braided up. Moisturized with Avocado Mist and sealed my ends with Shea, and then baggied with MTG. Um, still bagging. 

Today I was in PJ mode so I bought one of those head covering thingys (THIS), and I am loving it!
Its comfortable, and I have my plastic cap on under it with no slipping and sliding. Shoot, I threw some makeup on and took my kids to breakfast. LOL

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 3:11pm
Flw youre going to have to turn in your scissorsLOL and that head wrap does not count against in pj'ism because its a necessityStern SmileLOL
thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 9:39pm
- post your starting photo and fotki - WILL DO LATER!
 - post your starting length and expected WL date - Just reached MBL as of 1/5/2013! I hope to make it to WL by December 2013 at the latest. Since MBL and WL are 3-4 inches away from each other, I hope to make it even earlier!
 - post your hair status (relaxed, transitioning or natural) - I'm texlaxed. I haven't texlaxed my new growth (about 3 inches) but I plan on it eventually.
 - post your DETAILED regimen (include your vitamins and growth aids) - I don't take any vitamins or use any growth aids. I used to take Nioxin but I haven't in the past 5 months or so. I just exercise and drink a lot of water. Here's my reggie:
I keep my hair in a weave for 4 months at a time. I do a full weave/closure and just leave my edges out.
When I take my weave down, I detangle braid by braid, then wash/condition in braids as well. I have to work on making sure my hair is super super clean before I get out of the shower. Washing after a weave takedown is so time consuming. Dead
I then apply my leave-in (Long term relationship leave-in by Herbal essences) blowdry with Nexxus Sleek 'n Style and flat iron (This combination gives me the BEST flat iron job I've ever had.)
I'll wear my hair out for a week...one day with it down and the rest of the time I wear it in a bun, then it's back to the weave for another four months.
 - post a link to your Fotki or picture logs - I don't have a fotki.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style