Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:35pm
Ok. Here's my disappointing January photo. 
I thought I was closer to APL than it looks like I am but I guess pictures don't lie. 
Looks almost exactly like my October 2012 photo except my thickness is back. 

Clocking in at 4 on the length tee. 11 seems a long way to go but I know better. :-)

Sponsored Links

luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:19pm
Ta, I was speaking of both, but specifically internally. In my experience, eating more protein reaps faster results. I eat alot of protein rich food. I was forever anemic and taking iron pills that just left me constipated and frustrated! Once, I started eating more protein, no more anemia.

I also use light proteins on the daily. I have never used a hard protein txt bc I really don't think Cleo requires it bc most of my prooducts contain two or more protein elements and she responds well to it.

Since your texlaxed, you may want to incoporate a light protein like Mane & Tail(my luv), some of the VO5 products have protein in them too. If your not sure of how ya hair would react to protein- a light one would prolly be ya best bet instead of jumping head first with The Two Step. Just my .02.

Flw- You know what you need to do to get to your goal! I LUV ya thickness and she looks healthy and full!

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Jan 04 2013 at 5:24pm
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Flw- You know what you need to do to get to your goal! I LUV ya thickness and she looks healthy and full!

Girl, you know I do. I'm on it! 
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:14am
Yeees Flow! Your hair is thhhick. Before you know it, your hair will be down your back.

Doing a DC under the dryer & roller set.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:37am
 thanx Luv, im definitely going to get more protein in my diet.  i just have to figure out howLOL
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 9:25am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

thanx Luv, im definitely going to get more protein in my diet.  i just have to figure out howLOL

Hey Tatee, have you thought about the protein shakes/drinks?

I get the 4-pack of Ensure High Protein Shakes at Walgreens, but I don't drink them every day. Those have 25 grams of protein per bottle. Just a thought.  Target has a similar brand and so does Walmart. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Hey Tatee, have you thought about the protein shakes/drinks?

I get the 4-pack of Ensure High Protein Shakes at Walgreens, but I don't drink them every day. Those have 25 grams of protein per bottle. Just a thought.  Target has a similar brand and so does Walmart. 

yeah i used to drink these eveyday as a snack until i had to let go of dairy and sugar to control my acne.  always somethingLOL but im going to check out something similar because i like the idea of drinking my protein.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:00am
Had to change my MM4 Regimen but not the MM4 Mix.
Here's what's different:

Cowashing: Never really did cowashing on a schedule before but I know that my hair likes it so I'm going to incorporate it into my regimen as often as I can. 

Protective styling: Usually I wear cornrows when I'm PS. So this year I want to experiment a little more and do styles that protect my ends better. Bunning, plaits, cornrows, pinups, etc.

Upping the Sulphur: Since my hair has always responded well to sulfur based products, I'm going to go back to baggying/GHE with MTG. Stopped doing that last year for some odd reason. If the MTG and Glovers prove to be overload, I'll keep the Glovers (better smell) and baggy/GHE with Aloe Vera Juice instead. 

Vitamins: Paying more close attention to my vitamin intake and making sure that I'm getting what I need. Trying the Nature Made Daily Maximin Pack - 30 day supply to see how it goes and if it works well I will continue with that, plus biotin and MSM. Checked the Newbie Thread for the list of hair vitamins, and I wasn't getting them all.

Managing my Ends: After January's disappointing photo, which looked almost exactly like my October photo - except for thickness - I've come to the realization that the breakage MUST be happening at the ends. So I'll be focused on keeping my ends healthy, strong and off my shoulders. In previous regimens I used shea butter to coat my ends, so I'm going back to doing that. 

Full regimen details below...

*** NEW REGIMEN FOR 2013 ***

MM4 Revised

Washday
Shampoo, condition, then DCon baggy under heating cap for 1 hour.
Warm rinse. Squeeze excess. 
Apply leave-in and detangler. 
Air dry mid-way and blow out on medium heat.
Progress photos, and do PS.
Follow daily regimen.

Cowashing:
Cowash once a week, air dry and PS. 

Daily Regimen:
Apply MM4 Mix with a perm brush. Massage into scalp and let it clear.
Apply MTG between braids only. Blot the excess with a paper towel. 
Apply Glovers Medicated Treatment (5% sulfur) to scalp.
Spray moisturizer (see list) lightly over entire head.
Apply melted Shea butter to ends as needed to combat dryness and breakage.
Baggy overnight with a plastic cap, and wrap with silk scarf.

My Growth Aid Mix:
Use one 4% MN tube
1 oz. Megatek Coat Rebuilder (half jar) + Peppermint, Tea Tree, Emu Oil

Washday Products:
Poo: Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals, AtOne with Nature, or Parnevu Tea Tree
Con: Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals or ORS Replenishing Conditioner
DCon: JBCO + Silicon Mix, or Olive Oil + ORS pack
Detangler: Cowboy Magic
Leave-In: Hawaiian Silky
Moisturizer: CFC + Avocado Mist, or Glycerin + Aloe Vera Juice

On the Inside:
Vitamins: 10g Biotin, 3g MSM + Nature Made Maximin Pack (A+D, B, C, E, Calcium & Multi)
Other: Diatomaceous Earth once a day - see http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use.php

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:17pm
You can do it @flwonline, don't be discouraged. Your hair still looks healthy and thick girlie. 2013 is your year, lets retain some length!! Smile

update: did Aussie 3 minute on dry hair and my loves it. I didn't notice to much at first after rinse out, but once I moisturize and put it in a bun, my hair feels real smooth and silky...
Still taking Spring Valley HSN/ 3,000 mcg Biotin. I'm also taking Vibrant health Green Drink! my skin seems like its clearing up.. 
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:53pm
Happy Saturday, Ladies! Tonight, we're going rollerskating for my cuzzos double bday celebration! So, I know that it may get hot. I'm going to add some of the ORS serum to Cleo and either ponytail or bun her for protection.
I may have to pick up some Nature Bounty's HSN vits since I have some dietary restrictions for Jan-March.
Maybe tomorrow, I'll get the Hubby to trim my ends since he goes in to work later. ENJOY YA WEEKEND!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 104>