Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 104>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 6:26pm
Awww, T! How are your protein levels? Plus, I'mma be really real right now. It happens even with rhe best of care. I mean when I was PLAGUED with SSK's this Summer- I was like WTH?! I mean they come with the natural territory, but this mess was ridic! So, that's why I decided to go straight this Winter(1st time). I'm not one of those ladies that's willing to do S&D's to get rid of them. I tried stretched styles, but Cleo needed heat and lots of it. We be goood- Lol!

Hubby helped flatiron Cleo for me last night. He did such an excellent job that one of my coworkers said I looked like I got a perm. I told him and he cheezed. But, he was funny bc he said I'm turning him in to Terrence from RHOA (our guilty mindless pleasure)! Lol!
Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Okay were are all the pictures?? Our challenge officially started yesterday!! Angry

Mine are on the way. For the life of me I can't understand what happened with my growth since my last pic, but my hair is WAY, WAY thicker than its been in a long time. Oh, and I PERMED TODAY. Very disappointing. Seems like it didn't do much so I doubt if I do it again anytime soon. Made it to a 6 month stretch, and Im guessing it was purely psychological that I hit the creamy crack. Shoot, my hair length doesn't look much different than when I would do a wash and blowout WITHOUT a perm. I attribute the manageability of my hair to taking that MSM. That stuff works! 

Taking pics...

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 7:37pm

My plan is to get back to daily cowashing but, I have to overcome this hair laziness first.  Sheesh.  I did cowash yesterday. I tried to bun it but, I put it in a puff that was so cute, I kept it for the day.

Today, I'm prepared to cowash again (especially since hubby left town until tomorrow) but, I feel soooo lazy.  I know it'll be great once I get in the shower but right now, I'd rather take a nice, hot bubblebath.

Also, I've been snipping any ssk's that come my way.  I'm mostly finger detanglin and haven't done a thorough detangling in a minute.  I guess I should tonight but....I don't wanna....:/

(in just that short time, I fell asleep at my laptop. Embarrassed)

Oh, also want to add that I finally  uploaded pic in my fotki acct, in case anyone wants to take a peek.

I hope I don't fall asleep without cowashing tonight.  Too bad I don't drink coffee.

Edited by NJoy - Jan 03 2013 at 7:37pm
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:08am
Luv, do you mean protein levels in my diet? it probably is low now that you mention it.  ive been trying to incorporate chicken into my diet as a source of protein since im probably not getting enough through beans and nuts.  i really didnt think of the effects it might have on my hair. damnDisapprove.  funny, even though ive been a little depressed lately and feeling sluggish/tired meant little to me except made me remember to take my iron  supplement but the fact that something may be cause hair damage, oh now i need to make moves and do somethingLOL
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:39am
tatee I think maybe she was taking about the topical protein treatment like aphogee 2 step or the aphogee 2 min reconstruction? I could be wrong. Anyway I'm not natural but I texlax & I only do that every 5 months so this joker gets very tangled. Anyway I was having a hard time detangling & I did the 2 step & voila my hair was way more manageable. I also use the 2 min in between when needed.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

tatee I think maybe she was taking about the topical protein treatment like aphogee 2 step or the aphogee 2 min reconstruction? I could be wrong. Anyway I'm not natural but I texlax & I only do that every 5 months so this joker gets very tangled. Anyway I was having a hard time detangling & I did the 2 step & voila my hair was way more manageable. I also use the 2 min in between when needed.

i do the aphogee 2 min when i rememberEmbarrassed but i really like that stuff. im scared of anything requiring 2 steps tho'. ive never seen a mid strand split b4 so it has me questioning everything in lifeLOL
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:04am
I feel you. I had a few SSN & my daughter was so amazed! She was like mom you should just go natural cause I've never seen SSN on relaxed hair. But I've been processing my hair for so long & the issues I have now with texlaxing, I can't imagine me dealing with natural hair.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:55am
you know Jewels the whole reason i got a texturizer was because before then i had never in my life did anything to my hair and was always told not to put chemicals in my hair.   i was just curious, just wanted to see what it was like and i just figured if i didnt like it id just let it grow out.  but i did love it and enjoyed for a good while but when i wanted to go back it wasnt as easy as i thought it would be.  thats my problem.  i dont mind it being texturized and i dont mind it being natural but to have both textured going on at the same time...nah thats like a revolt going on on top my headLOL
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:56am
LOL That's exactly what I got going on...I'm cool once I can hack through it to put it on rollers...but it's a serious fight!

& where are the pictures Flow???Angry

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jan 04 2013 at 10:57am
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

you know Jewels the whole reason i got a texturizer was because before then i had never in my life did anything to my hair and was always told not to put chemicals in my hair.   i was just curious, just wanted to see what it was like and i just figured if i didnt like it id just let it grow out.  but i did love it and enjoyed for a good while but when i wanted to go back it wasnt as easy as i thought it would be.  thats my problem.  i dont mind it being texturized and i dont mind it being natural but to have both textured going on at the same time...nah thats like a revolt going on on top my headLOL

This right here.

& yeah, Flow.  Where da pitchas at? Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists