BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:23pm
Ladies, tonight I tried Kenra Moisturizing Condish and I fell in love with it.

I also bought some Natures Bounty women's daily, 120 count.  I am ready to start 2013 off right!

Lately I have really been wanting to big chop.  I really like the way my natural pattern looks.  These straight ends are cramping my style, lol.  But then a though occurred to me that maybe I should keep the ends to protect my virgin ends so that when I finally chop, I won't have any split ends at all.  I think I am in this transition for the long haul.
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

I also bought some Natures Bounty women's daily, 120 count.  I am ready to start 2013 off right!

Lately I have really been wanting to big chop.  I really like the way my natural pattern looks.  These straight ends are cramping my style, lol.  But then a though occurred to me that maybe I should keep the ends to protect my virgin ends so that when I finally chop, I won't have any split ends at all.  I think I am in this transition for the long haul.

Yeah, that was exactly my thought for dealing with those sad straight ends instead of chopping them off.  But, seeing them each time I wet my hair annoyed me more and more til I couldn't take it. Even having a third of the length, I still preferred my natural hair over that sickly transitioning hair.  But then again, I simply couldn't BC until I had enough hair to play with so, do whatcha gotta do and only BC when you're ready. Just saying I had the same thought.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Yeah, that was exactly my thought for dealing with those sad straight ends instead of chopping them off.  But, seeing them each time I wet my hair annoyed me more and more til I couldn't take it. Even having a third of the length, I still preferred my natural hair over that sickly transitioning hair.  But then again, I simply couldn't BC until I had enough hair to play with so, do whatcha gotta do and only BC when you're ready. Just saying I had the same thought.

Omg, thats exactly how i feel Cry
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 12:10am

Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Omg, thats exactly how i feel Cry

It's ok. One day, that will all be over. Hug  And because of this feeling, it's gonna be great when you finally do rid yourself of those ends.  And then watching your thickness grow back down your back.  It's a whole new world, girl.  Mark my words.
bretagnesade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretagnesade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 4:10pm
Okay, I'm actually excited for this challenge!
So, I'm moving across the country to attend college and plan to protective style the whole way. I figure by the start of next semester (Autumn 2013), I'll be exactly where I want to be.

Starting photo: 

Starting length: About an inch above BSL

Starting status: Relaxed, corrective relaxer done 12/30

Goal and expected date: Waist length/ Summer 2013 (September)

Detailed regimen: GHE at least x2 a week
                             Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Moisturizer every day
                             Apply WGO oil moisturizer after leave-in
                             Air dry
                             Protective style constantly
                             Wash at least once a week
                             Co-wash at least x2 a week
Secondary:
                             Maybe Biotin 10mg, it might not be worth the effort if my diet is high in protein
                             Exercise 3 hours a week

I can't wait. I am ultimately hoping to gain thickness from the protective style as well as allow the shorter parts of my hair to "catch-up". Not sure if this will be my last relaxer, I have a strong desire to try henna just to loose the curl instead of destroy it all together.

Either way, I'm excited.
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 7:41pm
Bella-
Hang in there, girl.  You can do it! :)

Breta-
Welcome.  I hope the move and the plan goes smoothly!

I have no idea what to do with this straight(ish) hair.  I hope I can figure out a PS soon cause it's cold and I hope to meet these hair goals.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 7:53pm
Happy New Year Ladies...here is my start picture taken this morning 12/31/12

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Jan 01 2013 at 7:51am
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 8:06pm

One day. Lookin good ladies

*hates*
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 8:14pm
Why the heck is my picture upside down. Dang it.
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 8:41am
Good start ladies and Happy New Years.

I'm going to start my  Spring Valley HSN vitamins today, I also will be picking up some monistat and more castor oil.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 105>
  Share Topic