Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*** Early Start 2013 Waist & Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 105>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by CrownRhoyale CrownRhoyale wrote:

Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Hey ladies, my hair turned out perfectly this morning. I love the new look. I tied the the twist down with a scarf so my ends are pinned safely (lol) on top of my head instead, I moisturized and replaced scarf. SO this will be my new style for now on, I will keep the twist in my hair for about 3-5 days, take it down and cowash, dc or whatever I'm doing,  and retwist. T Think this style will get me a lot of retention by June..

Most definitely. One year, I wore twists as a style for three months straight... My hair was gorg after. My curls were so defined and my hair was moisturized. 

Wow, I guess this is a keeper. LOL I love the freedom of not having to do it so often, which = less manipulation. With buns I had to undo so I could moisturize, but with these twist all I have do is spritz and gone about my day!EmbarrassedLOL

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 12 2012 at 9:20pm
Sponsored Links

Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

^^^^ Too late.  Help.  I've fallen and can't get up.  I had a very long day.  How terrible would it be if I waited one more day to DC? Sleepy

Lmbo, tooo Funny..LOLLOLLOL

kkty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kkty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:23pm
I'm back with a photo of my starting length and reggie. To be honest my regimen needs work but I'll review what provides the best results for the ladies on here and work this into my own regimen. 

http://public.fotki.com/kkty83/2013/00-513233184.html#media

Winter Regimen:

Moisturize and seal daily

Weekly
Pre-poo with a mix of Nexxus Humectress, honey, JBCO, and Aphogee 2 Minute 
Shampoo using L'Oreal Everpure 
DC with ORS 
Apply leave-ins
Blow-dry on low heat with a wide tooth comb and then for a couple minutes with a finer comb 

Relax every 12-14 weeks
I no longer texlax. It was too difficult to work with 3 textures, especially now that my new growth comes in really thick. I'm trying to find new ways to keep my new growth soft so that I can stretch longer. Any advice in this area would help.

I'm glad we have a mix of relaxed, transitioning and natural heads in this challenge. I know I'll benefit in some way from all of you

Edited by kkty83 - Dec 12 2012 at 10:27pm
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:04pm
^^^^ you have beautiful hair!  swoon!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

^^^^ you have beautiful hair!  swoon!

Co-signed!  Welcome to the challenge.

Well, I got a couple hours of sleep in before hubby called and woke me up.  Good thing he did. My laptop was hanging on the edge of my bed and would've been knocked off by morning.  Ah well.  Going back to bed.  G'night.

Edited by NJoy - Dec 12 2012 at 11:55pm
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:42pm
My hair has a lot of shrinkage, so I tried to take some more sneak peaks of my length,,, I Did a ACV rinse, then massaged with coconut milk, Then I applied Honey, molasses and Conditioner. After that I did my regular twist sealed with castor oil and pinned in a updo.. WSL here I come !! LOL

Edited by Cherry89 - Dec 13 2012 at 4:47pm
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

My hair has a lot of shrinkage, so I tried to take some more sneak peaks of my length,,, I Did a ACV rinse, then massaged with coconut milk, Then I applied Honey, molasses and Conditioner. After that I did my regular twist sealed with castor oil and pinned in a updo.. WSL here I come !! LOL

Oh yes!  You are WL bound for sure! Clap  You said you have a lot of shrinkage?  Are you stretching your relaxers?  And if so, how many weeks post are you?
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:28pm
@KKTY, your hair is gorgeous and I absolutely ADORE your mother's color! I always think about dying my hair a very deep red almost vibrant burgundy color, but I'm not that brave. =( Beautiful hair!

And as of now I am....bunned. I co-washed with Tresemme's, plaited the ponytail part and pinned it under with a bobby pin and scarved it. So regular. I'm trying to find this doggone Marley Twist hair somewhere so I can do these Marley Twists that I just LOVE!!!! Imma try one last stop, the Super Beauty Depot, and I hope that'll be the end of my journey. It's either that, or I will go into my yarn braids. We shall see!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:51pm
12:45am and I'm sitting under my steamer. What's wrong with this picture?   Nothing! LOL  My hair lovef it on Saturday.  I'm hoping for repeat love.

The plastic neck of this thing has cracked.  It's a matter of time before this steamer bites the dust. And when it does, I guess I'll buy another.  This is my 2nd steamer since 2010. They're about to put me on auto reorder at the rate I'm breaking these things.  I probably need to look for a heavy duty model.  This is the professional standing steamer but, it's not built to last.  Not for me anyway.  Ah well.

I LOVE using my steamer. I didn't use it much at all over the summer but, for the winter months, when the air's all dry, it's a must.

Oops.  Time to go rinse.  ttfn.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:10am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

^^^^ Too late.  Help.  I've fallen and can't get up.  I had a very long day.  How terrible would it be if I waited one more day to DC? Sleepy

scoot over next meLOL im doing 2 week stretches at this point.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 105>