I joined the waist length challenge last year and I completely forgot to update my progress. Sorry flowline, I hope you will let me join this challenge and I will definitely try to keep to your rules!
Ok here are my stats:
- post your starting photo and fotki:
- post your starting length and expected HL date:
I'm actually shooting for hip length this year. I do have to trim a bit off my ends but even so I reckon HL is within reach by the end of December 2013.
- post your hair status (relaxed, transitioning or natural) - Relaxed ladies, post last perm date.
- post your DETAILED regimen (include your vitamins and growth aids):
Reggie is changing this year simply because I will have to re-think my protective styling. My hair has outgrown all my current weaves and I'm not about to spend any more money for hair that I won't wear that often! Ok here is my reggie:
-Prepoo with oil, Wash with sulfate free poo & DC with either a protein conditioner or an all natural home made DC.
-As I plan to wear my hair out more often this year, I am seriously considering washing every two weeks instead of weekly, decision yet to be made.
- Hard protein aka Aphogee two step or henna every 6 weeks or so for strengthening
- Moisturize with creamy leave in daily and seal either with oil or my serum.
- After wash day, wear my hair down for 2-3 days after which it will go into a bun or ponytail until my next wash day.
- In regards to supplements, this year I plan to add some separate supplements rather than an all-in-one. MSM, Silica & Biotin are the frontrunners at the moment but that may change.
- Since I will seriously be working on my body this year as well, I expect a big change of diet which will hopefully help my slow growth to pick up a bit. If I get 5 inches this year, it will be a vast improvement!
- post a link to your Fotki or picture logs