Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

*** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 105>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:31pm
Hey guys! I'm hoping everyone is having a wonderful holiday. I've been really neglecting my hair. I've washed and plopped my hair without detangling it (again) and it was a huge mess. I have a week left of 2012 & I'm not where i want to be as far as length & retention. But 2013 is a new year! Nothing but a head full of lush hair!
Sponsored Links

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:50pm
Merry Christmas, Ladies.  Just wondering how you're wearing your hair today?

I did a braidout.  It wasn't intentional.  My hair was in braids.  I just decided to take the braids out and wham!  Instant hairdo. LOL

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Hey guys! I'm hoping everyone is having a wonderful holiday. I've been really neglecting my hair. I've washed and plopped my hair without detangling it (again) and it was a huge mess. I have a week left of 2012 & I'm not where i want to be as far as length & retention. But 2013 is a new year! Nothing but a head full of lush hair!

Love the attitude! Let's get it!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:15pm
i was rocking those 8-10 twists for a good long minute.  i decided to switch it up and put my hair in 2 braids.  why did i do that?  i now have a hairstyle lazier than the one i had before. oh yeah and i havent washed it since the last time *shrugs* i blame everybody in this damn thread for agreeing on challenge with no rules. clearly i need them. LOL jingle bells
mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:34pm
Marley Twists are finally in effect! These pics were taken at the end of day 3 before moisturizing the hair, and then oiling and massaging my scalp. I try to do that on a daily basis whenever I have a protective style like this in (with parted rows I mean). Overall, I love them, took my a little over three hours and three full packs of marley braid hair. I said I wanted to stretch these for three months for the entire install. I don't know how I figured that but we shall see how that fares out.....

IceQueenSW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceQueenSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by IceQueenSW IceQueenSW wrote:

Hey everyone!
So I'm excited to join this challenge because I've been struggling with my hair growth journey this past year. My hair has grown but not as much as I would like so if you ladies have any suggestions please let me know.

I'm 21years old and I'm a 3B/C I am natural I've been natural since I was like 14 and my mom put a perm in my hair and destroyed it all and I had like all my hair cut off and I started all over again.

My hair is different lengths on the right and left side strangely by about like one inch...
Currently my hair is grazing APL or more accurately collar bone length I believe; I'm not great with the acronyms. I'm hoping to move abroad in August and really want my hair to be at least BSL or nipple level as I've been calling it, before I move as I won't have access to weaves and black hair stylists.
The regimen I am dedicating myself to is:

*Vitamins
~Fish Oil (2/day)
~Hair Infinity (2/day)

*Hair Care
~Co-wash (1/wk)
~Shampoo (1/wk)
~Deep condition (1/wk)
---> Olive Oil
---> Conditioner mix
~Protein Treatment (1/month)
~Cantu leave-in conditioner daily
~DIY spritz daily

**Will buy a silk pillowcase since my scarves often fall off**

OH YEAH!!! I'll be interning in DC for 2.5 months & I know it's cold out there any tips on hair care in that type of weather? I'm a SoCal person.

So anyway here are my pictures.

FINALLY got my photo up
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:37am
Silly me thought last weekend was the last weekend of the year. DUH! This upcoming weekend is the last weekend of the year, and that's when I'll post the final list and close the challenge. 

I wanna take my hair down so badly. I've been in braids most of the month and haven't been doing much but applying my mix and trying to stay out of my hair. Still haven't permed since July '12 and although my brain keeps telling me that I need a perm, I'm doing my best to resist the urge to hit the creamy crack. 

I really think taking the MSM has helped me through the "no perm" stretch. My texture is just shy of what it is when I do have a perm. Almost makes me wonder why I was putting them in, in the first place. 

Anyhoo, WELCOME to all the newcomers and Happy Holidays to everybody!

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:01pm
Couldnt stand it another day! I took down my braids and am going to wash and DC tonight, then do a length check and take a few pics. Afterwards, I'll braid up again and baggy over night. 

Ahhh. I feel so much better. Judging by my preliminary check, I'm well past APL but not BSL yet. 
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:51pm
Hello, Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas!! I rocked my regular bun this holidays. I can't stand to wear my hair out now. Which has really grown on me, because I usually love wearing my hair out. I Just want to make sure I retain all the inches I can..
Cherry89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherry89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

Marley Twists are finally in effect! These pics were taken at the end of day 3 before moisturizing the hair, and then oiling and massaging my scalp. I try to do that on a daily basis whenever I have a protective style like this in (with parted rows I mean). Overall, I love them, took my a little over three hours and three full packs of marley braid hair. I said I wanted to stretch these for three months for the entire install. I don't know how I figured that but we shall see how that fares out.....

Beautiful Hair! I luv the thickness and how healthy it looks.. Clap
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:46pm
mskraizy i love those twistClap. that is so me. that right there is the only thing that would make me wish for thicker hair but it would have revert right back to thin after im doneLOL
dammit let me go look up marley braid hair.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 105>
  Share Topic