Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

*** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 105>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:11pm
Update:
I'm in smedium twists.  I've been drenching them with my spray, sealing with a little oil and then bunning.  I think I'm gonna rock a wig over them.  It's getting cold and I want to protect my fragile strands.

Sponsored Links

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:19pm
Bella-
I use the IC Fantasia heat protectant serum.    I noticed that Domin used V05 spray heat protectant and we all know how wonderful her hair has turned out.  I just recently bought a spray to see if there is a difference.

Sorry, I can't help much but I don't use heat that often. 

Also, a lot of ladies swear by grapeseed oil during the straightening process b/c it has such a high boiling point.  I tried it on a portion on my hair when I did a light flat iron last month.  It worked well.  I usually use it to nourish my straightened hair with no issues since water-based products will cause reversion.

HTH! :)
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by bellacnella bellacnella wrote:

Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

NJoy any tips on slowing down that breakage?? 

Moisture and low manipulation are key.  I know that at some point during my transition, any time I flat ironed, I would get breakage. Even with heat protectant.  The line of demarcation just couldn't handle it well.

Besides having my hair prone to tangling, it was the thinning hemline that pushed me over into BC.  I was like, "what am I trying to save?" The contrast between the thickness and my thinning hemline just made my hair look crazy to me.  So, by the time I chopped, I was in love with my thickness and the stress-free maintenance.

what heat protectant do you use?  anyone else with suggestions please do chime in.  I do not use heat often, I only use it when I feel I have no other resort to combat tangles (my hair formed webs this time around and took days of detangling).  I need to protect my hair more during the times I do use heat. 

I've tried CHI, IC Fantasia, Silk Elements and Crisco. I  was overly concerned about heat damage so, most time, my hair turned out too oily.  Needless to say, I didn't flat iron much at all.  Maybe I'd flat iron a section for length checks and rarely my whole head.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 4:46am
As far as heat protectant this by far has been the best I've used thus far!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/luuux-original-files/bookmarklet_uploaded/beyond_the_zone.jpg

It's called beyond the zone & when I say it does the job, gives your hair the perfect shine without the heavy weighed down feeling!! Of course like everything, if you use too much, it will give you the opposite effect, but I've recommended this to a bunch of people & they all come back to thank me!

It's not expensive either, so it's worth a try.

Edited by Jewelsnyc - Nov 13 2012 at 4:47am
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/luuux-original-files/bookmarklet_uploaded/beyond_the_zone.jpg

It's called beyond the zone & when I say it does the job, gives your hair the perfect shine without the heavy weighed down feeling!! Of course like everything, if you use too much, it will give you the opposite effect, but I've recommended this to a bunch of people & they all come back to thank me!

Thanks!  I'm definitely willing to give it a try for the few times that I do plan to flat iron.
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Swift Swift wrote:

Bella-
I use the IC Fantasia heat protectant serum.    I noticed that Domin used V05 spray heat protectant and we all know how wonderful her hair has turned out.  I just recently bought a spray to see if there is a difference.

Sorry, I can't help much but I don't use heat that often. 

Also, a lot of ladies swear by grapeseed oil during the straightening process b/c it has such a high boiling point.  I tried it on a portion on my hair when I did a light flat iron last month.  It worked well.  I usually use it to nourish my straightened hair with no issues since water-based products will cause reversion.

HTH! :)

I might look for the V05, their products tend to be cheaper.  I have a lot of grapeseed oil too, but I didn't like how it felt on my hair.  Thanks for the suggestions :)
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:31pm

Moisture and low manipulation are key.  I know that at some point during my transition, any time I flat ironed, I would get breakage. Even with heat protectant.  The line of demarcation just couldn't handle it well.

Besides having my hair prone to tangling, it was the thinning hemline that pushed me over into BC.  I was like, "what am I trying to save?" The contrast between the thickness and my thinning hemline just made my hair look crazy to me.  So, by the time I chopped, I was in love with my thickness and the stress-free maintenance.

what heat protectant do you use?  anyone else with suggestions please do chime in.  I do not use heat often, I only use it when I feel I have no other resort to combat tangles (my hair formed webs this time around and took days of detangling).  I need to protect my hair more during the times I do use heat. 

I've tried CHI, IC Fantasia, Silk Elements and Crisco. I  was overly concerned about heat damage so, most time, my hair turned out too oily.  Needless to say, I didn't flat iron much at all.  Maybe I'd flat iron a section for length checks and rarely my whole head.

Is that the CHI silk keratin you are referring too? I used to use that when I was not using heat, may have to return to it.  I love the smell...

Crisco can serve as a heat protectant?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

I will look for this one as well.  I have some hair shopping to do this weekend Wink lol  Thanks for the tip
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:53pm

Is that the CHI silk keratin you are referring too? I used to use that when I was not using heat, may have to return to it.  I love the smell...

Crisco can serve as a heat protectant?

I used CHI Silk Infusion.  Also, the Crisco idea came from a thread on LHCF raving about it. I liked it but, haven't used it enough to have a real opinion.  I do remember using it on my daughter's hair and ran out before I finished.  The portion with the Crisco looked better than the other protectant (I think it was SE).

Keep in mind that I've only flat ironed, maybe 4 times since 2010.  I'm not even tempted to until I have something worth swinging...like WL or longer.  I'm njoy'g my curls for now. Still in the Honeymoon phase, I suppose. Tongue

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 7:05pm
So, I tried leaving conditioner in my hair after my wash instead of a leave in (a la Tightly Curly).  I rinsed some out and sealed with oil after thoroughly detangling my hair.  I bunned it last night but ended up putting it in twists today.  It was SO easy, having detangled last night.  My hair is uber moisturized and my curls are poppin'.  I also trimmed a bit last night, since it was a new moon.  I'm not sure if there's anything to that but, I could use evening up a few spots and it's as good a time as any.

Today, I bunned my twists and bunned a faux marley braid on top of my bun for added interest.  I unbunned the twists tonight and applied my growth mix to my scalp and rebunned for bed.  I think I'm gonna roll with this routine for awhile and see how I like it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 105>
  Share Topic