Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

*** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Ms. Tiki Ms. Tiki wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Did anyone reach the WL goal?

I did. This is from my Oct texlax. I will be texlaxing and all the length check jazz over the next few days. LOL

Yay! Looks great Ms.Tiki!
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 4:32am
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

Lord, I can't neglect this hair for more than a couple days. I've been lazy and running around with a few twists that I started and the rest of my hair in two buns, waiting for me to get around to it. Talk about tangle city! I spent hours last night trying to gently detangle and twist up my hair. It's hard to be gentle when you're dead dog tired. I stayed up to 7:30am and hadn't quite done half my hair yet. So again, I'm in a few twists that I started and the rest of my hair in two buns, waiting for m to get around to it.    and I don't feel like it.

I'm pretty sure I ripped thru some strands and straight cut knots. I see another trim in my near future.

Being hair lazy and having high maintenance hair does not work well together. Not at all. Ah well. Back to the drawing board...tomorrow.

Njoy I've been on the hunt for a good leave-in & stumbled across this lady's video. She's natural and she recommended a few, but raved about the picture below. If you can find it, maybe it'll make detangling easier?

Ms. Tiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. Tiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2013 at 11:34am
@njoy Thanks! I can't wait to see how close I am to HL. That's the top of the blue band. 
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2014 at 10:20am
Happy New Year Ladies!!

Congrats, Ms. Tiki on your growth! I hope your well on your way to HL!

Momento: Ya may not have gotten the growth, but your hair looks healthy and you have gained thickness.

NJoy: I so know how you feel about rushing through and being tired. I hope you're mane is ok.

I will be updating this thread this weekend. I'm currently rocking a plaitout that I will keep up til the weekend. Since my cough is almost gone, I think I can handle Ms. Cleo.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:44pm
Hey Ladies, I've come to the decision that I won't be able to update this challenge bc Cleo is going through some stuff that I need to figure out.

It started with me washing her last weekend. That went well, but the product that I used to prep her for stretching her out ended drying her out(which it hadn't done previously). So, she's been shocked into a state of dryness. Plus, these really cold temps haven't been suitable for going out with damp or wet hair, so I couldn't wash during the week(which she needs).

Straightening her right now is waaaayy on the back burner til I get her moisture and shine back. So, I'll be tlc'ing her for a minute and no heat for awhile. So, I have no pics of how she did in 2013. Unofficial on stretched curly hair : WL , but I prefer to give my update on heat straightened hair bc I have way less shrinkage on heat straightened hair.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 2:58pm
^^^I'll be doing the same. I'm not experiencing any detrimental changes but my timeline for straightening got set back some. 
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2014 at 3:19pm
thanks, luv
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

^^^I'll be doing the same. I'm not experiencing any detrimental changes but my timeline for straightening got set back some. 

Momento, The urge to press isn't there either. I know if my hair wasn't 'dry shock'(which I'm fixing with an extremely long moisturizing dc'ing session and moisturizing f/u care), l still wouldn't be moved to straighten right now. I thinks it's the plaitouts. They were just so easy. That's why I'm going back to them- for a looooong while.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by momentoindigo momentoindigo wrote:

thanks, luv

Your welcome 😘
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 10:30am
Oh yeeeah, totally forgot I was in this challenge!! Here's my update:

I'm still growing but I'm no longer natural.  On 4/1, after MANY months of deliberation, I decided to texlax with Motions.  I'm hoping to be able to WNG more easily this spring/summer and then maintain it straightened during the fall/winter months.  I had PS'd so long to grow it and then when I started wearing it out more, I was discouraged by the lack of progress.  In the end, I want long hair.  I'm sure I'll see my fro again someday though :)  I'm loving that wash and styling time is reduced and I don't sweat at my scalp as much.

My current length is my bottom ribbone.  My next goal is hipbone/HL. 

This is my last length check from December 2013, when I was still natural.  This was a braidout on flat ironed hair:

HHG, ladies!Big smile

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105>