Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

*** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 105>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *** Early Start 2013 Waist and Hip Challenge ***
    Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 10:51am
Hi Ladies! 

Are you shooting for Waist Length or Hip hair? 
Let's get started early!

- post your starting photo and fotki
 - post your starting length and expected WL date
 - post your hair status (relaxed, transitioning or natural) - Relaxed ladies, post last perm date. 
 - post your DETAILED regimen (include your vitamins and growth aids)
 - post a link to your Fotki or picture logs

Updates: at least 2x a month (tell us about your progress)
Photo Check-Ins: by the last day of each month (Jan-Nov) in 2013
Photo Finish: December 31, 2013

There are no "rules" - except to stick to the challenge! Whatever you write, we're gonna hold you to it!

Edited by flwonline - Sep 23 2012 at 5:05pm
Sponsored Links

mskraizy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskraizy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 5:48pm
I would totally get in on this challenge, but I won't make promises yet. First, I wanna make it to MBL first and I'm hoping to make that by the end of the year. If I get there, I'll be back!
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 6:32pm
Woohoo!! I am holding my place! I'm unofficially MBL and won't be getting my hair straightened and trimmed until the New Year. I'll post all necessary info then. Sooo excited!

Edited by luvmybiga$$fro - Sep 23 2012 at 6:36pm
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 7:05pm
What length do you need to be to achieve waist length by the end of 2013?
I mean realistically
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 7:07pm
I mean realistically
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

I mean realistically

That would depend on the rate your hair grows.
Figure out how far you are from waist now - in inches. 
Then divide that by your average growth per month. 

So if you're 6 inches away and you grow 1/2 inch a month, then it would take 12 months. 

Hope that helps. 

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Woohoo!! I am holding my place! I'm unofficially MBL and won't be getting my hair straightened and trimmed until the New Year. I'll post all necessary info then. Sooo excited!

That's great! I'm excited so I'm starting TODAY. About to trim and take pics in about an hour after my DC. Welcome!

310SwoopBangs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 310SwoopBangs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 7:37pm

count me in! This would be my first challenge on BHM even though I've been a member for a while. I'm currently weaved up but will be taking down my install in about 2 weeks. I should be just at BSL or just pass BSL but I will take pictures then. My goal for this year is to be MBL by 1-1-13 if not by the end of January 2013.

Here is my hair background...

I had relaxed hair from about the age of 8 until age 19. Then began to use and abuse glue-ins and sew-ins for about 3 years. I decided to BC in October 2009 when I became a member of this forum. I had no real hair goal at the time, I just knew that I was not happy with the condition, health & appearance of my hair. I had about 2 inches of new growth and chopped off everything that was relaxed. I used loose braids or cornrows under my sew-in and wigs as a protective styles. I applied a combination of Mega-Tek and ORS Shea Butter Lotion to my hair about 3-4 times weekly, co-washed once a week and clarified about once a month. I honestly have not paid much attention to my hair because I figured that when I was a child my hair reached long lengths because my mum moisturized and combed it every day for school. I applied that same logic to my hair growth as an adult but only ever re-braiding my hair bi-weekly. My hair drinks moisture like crazy and shea butter seems to be its favorite. I have been able to retain very good length as well as a healthy appearance. But I did cut back on the Mega-Tek/ Shea Butter mixture over the last year and I had not been keeping up on my vitamin regiment as much either.   

A few months ago I did notice that my edges were thinning... I have not figured out why but I'm sure that it has to do with my tightening my braids during the summer... I have since loosened up my braiding and have moisturizing and rubbing my edges softly every night for the past month. I think they are getting thicker but its slow growth. 

But with all of my missteps, I'm proud that I have not gone back to the creamy crack. I really loved bone straight hair and overlapped my relaxers MANY times. 

So with beginning this challenge I have 4 goals for myself...

• 1. Reach waist length or beyond by the end of 2013
  • 2. Regain a full/health hairline and edges
  • 3. Learn my hair type, how to wear it naturally
  • 4. Find products that maintain my healthy hair

I feel that with the monthly check-ins I'll be able to stick to this challenge for the entire year. And I hope that you ladies help and educate me on along my hair journey!

Here is a list of some things I have already been incorporating slowly but will be more consistent with once my life is less complicated in Jan 2013(currently starting a business, moving in with the fianc√©, starting school for my MBA and trying to be 24!  Stern Smile)...

• 1. Doing power yoga about 4-5 times a week
  • 2. Incorporating more vitamins and supplements into my diet while phasing out "crappy foods"
  • 3. Adding growth aids to my hair lotion mixture
  • 4. Washing my hair more
  • 5. Wearing a silk bonnet over my hair at night

I'm also open to ANY and ALL advice that I can learn from this board...

Sorry for the long post, but I felt it necessary to give you all my background since I have never posted in this section. I'm excited to be a part of this and can't wait to see everyone's monthly check-in pictures. I'll be posting pictures very soon.

Edited by 310SwoopBangs - Sep 23 2012 at 7:56pm
310SwoopBangs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 310SwoopBangs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 7:38pm
I'll also be posting my regiment with my photos! 
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2012 at 8:33pm
@310SwoopBangs...

Welcome! Looking forward to following your progress. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 105>
  Share Topic