Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Dying my natural hair and sew-in questions?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
RiverSnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying my natural hair and sew-in questions?
    Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 4:22am
I'm planning on dying my natural hair as well as 3 bundles of Brazilian body wave hair. How long do I have to wait after getting my hair dyed to get a sew-in? Can I get it sewn-in the same day or would I have to wait a week?
Sponsored Links

french_vanilla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:24pm
I'd give it a couple washes to make sure that as they fade they will still be the same color. For my hair, I have to go 2 shades lighter than what's on my extensions because my hair just snatches up color lol. That aside I don't see why you can't install right away. 
RiverSnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by french_vanilla1 french_vanilla1 wrote:

I'd give it a couple washes to make sure that as they fade they will still be the same color. For my hair, I have to go 2 shades lighter than what's on my extensions because my hair just snatches up color lol. That aside I don't see why you can't install right away. 

Coloring my hair and getting a sew-in the same day won't break my hair off?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 12:08am
Unless you're bleaching and need to recover after, then no. Going darker is actually somewhat good for your hair as it coats the shaft to make it look smoother/healthier and helps calm down the frizzies. I often color my leave out and weave while it is installed. As long as you rinse really, really, really well there is no problem. If there is damage it won't be from coloring but from your braidup on not fully dry hair. After coloring, hair tends to take longer to fully dry out which can result in damage if it is braided too tight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 12:10am
Go under the dryer for an hour and you should just fine
RiverSnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiverSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 12:58am
Originally posted by french_vanilla1 french_vanilla1 wrote:

Unless you're bleaching and need to recover after, then no. Going darker is actually somewhat good for your hair as it coats the shaft to make it look smoother/healthier and helps calm down the frizzies. I often color my leave out and weave while it is installed. As long as you rinse really, really, really well there is no problem. If there is damage it won't be from coloring but from your braidup on not fully dry hair. After coloring, hair tends to take longer to fully dry out which can result in damage if it is braided too tight

Ok thanks that's what I was worried about I want to dye my hair and not wait a week to get it sewn-in. So would it be ok to dye my hair like honey blonde and dry it for an hour will that be ok? Or should I just not dye it that color and go for a darker one?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote french_vanilla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:03am
If you are going to go as light as a honey blonde then you will need to see how your hair has reacted to the processing once it is all dried up. If you go dark then you can do basically whatever you want. Really, it's up to you. Keep in mind tho that after going light your hair will be highly predisposed to damage, esp if you are relaxed/texturized.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic