BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Dying Brazilian hair from red to brown

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Babycandybeloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycandybeloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dying Brazilian hair from red to brown
    Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 10:32pm
Ok so I had virgin hair extensions that I dyed a Very dark red for winter. Since spring break is coming up i'm ready to lighten it to an ash brown (my natural hair color) but can I just bleach it then color it? Or do I have to completely strip the color from the extensions, bleach again, THEN dye it? Thanks for the responses in advance !:)
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 2:43am
That's going to be tough process since you're going from dark red to an ash brown.  Could you post a photo of your current hair color and a photo of the haircolor you're trying for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycandybeloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 11:09am
from that ^

To this:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycandybeloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 11:10am
Oops sorry about the size
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 5:40pm

It's going to be quite a process to go from dark red to a dark/medium blonde. You'll need to lighten and get rid of the red at the same time before dyeing the hair blonde...which could take multiple bleachings, reconstructing/conditoning then toning. I'm not sure how extension hair will hold up to multiple bleachings.

Nitty0102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitty0102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2014 at 11:54am
I love that red... What did you use?
haircurltool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haircurltool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 12:05am
I am afraid that you have to bleach it then color it. The dark red is deep color and then the ash brown is the light one.  But you could do it by yourself or go to a salon. 
PS: I like the dark red very much, gorgeous!
Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic