Topic ClosedDyed, Relaxed and Healthy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
CrazyCurls View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2009 at 9:18pm
its possible, a good friend of mine does this all the time her hair is veryyyyyyy nice and bouncy and she always relaxes then colors, she uses ORS products and i think straightens her hair maybe once a week.
Sponsored Links

ShawnyQT View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2009 at 10:28am
It's definitely possible. I've been a color fiend for years and my hair is very healthy. I go to the salon every two weeks and it gets blown dry and flat ironed and when I'm home I just wrap it and pin curl the front to give myself a slight bend to my swoop bang.
mrsphd10 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2009 at 9:39pm
I think I am addicted to color.  I especially like to lighten it in the summer to be the blonde bombshell.. But the last time I got my hair colored, the beautician said... Do you want hair or color... Well, hell, why can't I just have both?  I love to be light haired in the summer.  It's so... Well... Summery.  So does anyone have any suggestions?
javagirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 10:01pm
Shawty...that bob is straight fiyah.  And lovin the color!!!  I wouldn't go blonde blonde because it wouldnt complement my skin tone.  But I took the plunge and bought

TONES AND TEXTURES in BRONZE. 

I will color tomorrow morning....let's see how that goes
javagirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 10:02pm
mrsphd10...u r very pretty! beautiful skin AND dimples!!
mrsphd10 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2009 at 9:01pm
Thanks!  Now if I could just get this wig tightend up... I would really be a bad mamajama!!!
vanity1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2009 at 8:12pm
My bff relaxes and colors her hair..she swears by Dominican Products to keep her hair healthy..that and a few other things...she also uses a couple of things from Claudie's Revitalizer line..by the way..she does those things herself..
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2009 at 12:01pm
it is very possible.  as long as you take care of your hair/health b/c those are all factors you shld have no problems
exotic_erotic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2009 at 9:02pm

Of course it's possible. I think it depends on how light you go. The more you detour away from your original hair color, the greater your chances increase of damaging your hair. Blonde is probably the most damaging color. Try to stick with the Red's and Brown's. And I/A with whoever said that stretching helps. Overlapping your relaxers and color treatments won't do anything but cause your hair to break.

I stretch my relaxers out 16 weeks. Once I get color, I plan on stretching that out until it completely fades away and then re-color.

TrueEssence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2009 at 3:16am

Well I wouldnt say of couse is possible cuz that would give you false hopes and a bit of a naive opinion .I must say you cant have Long,healthy hair relaxing it and dying it you have to constantly trim your hair to make your hair look as healthy as possible.Relaxers change teh structure of your hair and permanent color gets deep into your hair shaft ,the ammonia opens up the cuticles and let the color sit deeply in the core of it ,there where the relaxer already broke the curl patternif,on top of that you use curling irons and flat irons say goodbye to healthy locks .I speak for experience I ve been into hair care for 9 years now and I ve been through trial and errors ,so to make a long story short ,dont expect your hair  Not to weaken even with using protein conditioners or not to fall or break .iT WILL happen but you can minimize the damage by taking good care of it ,leaving it heat free and comb it only when saturated in conditioner starting from the end to avoid pulling the hair out the scalp.

PS I went to the salon yesterday i have relaxed hair and dyied it hazelnut brown ,I had to cut 2 inches of it because of the damage caused by GHD+Relaxer .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic