FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

dude refuses to let pigs strong arm him

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 1:08am
He was right but there is no need to cite any law or precedent. Just state clearly that I do not consent to any search without a warrant.
FYI, under the Fourth Amendment, police do require a warrant to search ones home or person. Generally, there are six exceptions where a warrantless search is valid. Those are (1) Search incident to lawful arrest, (2) plain view exception, (3) consent, (4) stop & frisk (requires reasonable suspicion of criminal activity), (5) Automobile exception (w/ probable cause), and (6) Emergencies/Hot Pursuit.

Here, Officer Porky and Pinky could technically state that they saw or had probable cause to believe a dangerous felon took shelter inside their home, therefore, exigent circumstances existed to search the preemies while in hot pursuit.
I think had he not been recording the interaction it would have gone differently. However a good attorney could get it tossed, but would require resources that many in our community do not have.

The NAACP has published a pocket guide to knowing your rights when dealing with police. Anyone can get in contact with their local chapter and pick up a box full to distribute to folks in their community. If you are sincere about your efforts to combat police oversight in your respective communities, I implore each and everyone of  you to get involved on Sept 6th for the nationwide action against police brutality, more info here http://www.sept6cta.org/

If nothing is officially going on in your town, then please reach out to your local NAACP branch for some pocket guides and distribute them.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 8:28am
Trust and believe that we all know that's not how it woulda gone down. They'da said fucc u and pushed in there. He and his wife woulda ended up murdered.
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 8:48am
He did an excellent job holding it together and citing his rights.  I would of been like......sure come right on in.......I'm not harboring any felon, fugitive, etc.....so I wouldn't have anything to hide.  But I believe he was just challenging those officers.  I'm glad he did record it or it probably wouldn't have ended peacefully.  There are sooooooo many people, including myself, that do not know the law and/or our rights. But I'm about to get edu-ma-cated!Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic