Dry Socket - Ever Had One?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Socket - Ever Had One?
    Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 3:52pm
This looks sooooo painful! Dude started crying. Have you ever had one or know someone who has?

Ignore the comment asking if he was an inmate Ermm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb4WcAXTa6o

Edited by Organic - Nov 20 2012 at 3:53pm
Sponsored Links

Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:28pm
Haysoos help me!!! This is why I am so afraid to get my wisdoms out Cry but they say its better to do it sooner than laterDisapprove
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:31pm
So glad I didn't have that issue when I got my wisdom teeth pulled.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:48pm
He's a punk for crying. Man up sir! lol

I had 3 out of 4 wisdom teeth turn into dry sockets.Disapprove

I called a few days after the extractions complaining and they told me to not worry about it. I came in a week after and they were soooooo sorry! It was a free visit and they cleaned and packed the area, gave me a boatload of pain meds(A lot) and it was all good. I did miss days from school because I couldn't drive. This was the same dentist where I had a bad reaction to the Novocaine so you know I didn't go back to them.

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 4:56pm
Just got a tooth pulled last week and I've been so scared it would turn into that. It's healing right it seems though.
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:01pm
Didn't click lol. At first I thought I didn't have any wisdom teeth but they started coming out about a year ago. I was hoping they would close my little gap (it's not an ugly gap but still) but they still haven't. It doesn't seem as if they've erupted all the way but I'ma leave em and see what happens.

My older brother's and my sister's teeth teeth are a lot more crowded than mine so they had to get theirs removed.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:51pm
is it even necessary to get wisdom teeth pulled? i have more than enough room in my mouth and all 4 of my teeth have been in for almost 3 years...I figure my dentists just want to keep their pockets fat
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairyQueen092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 5:53pm
Why oh why did I click this thread ? I'm getting all 4 pulled out tomorrow
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGCwayZeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:44pm
I was told that it's more common to get dry sockets on lower tooth extractions and if you're on birth control that you're more likely to get them. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and those healed fine. I had another lower tooth extracted and the way the dentist stitched it didn't allow it to heal properly so I had a partial dry socket on that one, which was painful... I ended up going in and getting the stitch removed (it was supposed to dissolve I guess), then got cleaned & packed. 
You really just have to leave them alone, that's the hard part because it's so gross to me... I just slept as much as possible because I was miserable not being able to eat solid food and drooling like a fool right after the procedure. Rinse gently with warm salt water while you heal since you shouldn't brush immediately. 
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2012 at 9:50pm
I got dry socket when I had one of mine pulled.

To date, it was the most painful experience I have EVER had in my natural life.

Understand that was the first and only dental work I'd ever had but I've had previous major surgeries that didn't equate to the dry socket pain.

TERRIBLE!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>