Perfect Hair Collection

Dry, rough ends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry, rough ends
    Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 3:27am
So lately the ends of my hair have been feeling really rough and, in some places, really dry. I've closely inspected my ends and they're not split, there arent that many single strand knots, I co-wash, and I do deep conditioning treatments, so I just dont know what's wrong!!!CryCryCry I bought some cantu shea butter leave in today and I could feel a bit of a difference on my wet hair, but I dont know if it's permanent.

What could be wrong and what can I do? I just BC'd at the end of May and I can tell my hair is getting some length and I dont wanna cutCryCry
Sponsored Links

eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 5:34am
dc on dry hair 2x per week.moisturise morning and night
raspberries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raspberries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 9:01am
Have you tried moisturizing and then sealing your ends with castor oil?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by eboni1 eboni1 wrote:

dc on dry hair 2x per week.moisturise morning and night

Would this be like a regular dc (put it on, sit under the dryer, rinse it out) just starting on dry hair, or would I leave it in?

Originally posted by raspberries raspberries wrote:

Have you tried moisturizing and then sealing your ends with castor oil?

No. Honestly, I never got into the habit of sealing because my relaxed ends always held moisture...when I remembered to moisturize
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 11:45am
Maybe you should start by moisturizing your ends at bed time and apply a little bit on the ends in the morning to see if  that will help.
CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiiMamii26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:25pm
I would tell you, that cantu isnt good for your hair in the long run (trust me). It leaves a whole lot of build up which dried my ends out, even though I was using a clarifying shampoo (also drying).

I suggest you clarify and use cone-free products only (hello hydration is a great conditioner to start with). If your hair is long enough to ponytail, spray it with a little water (very lightly) and put a little of the conditioner then a plastic baggy before you tie your hair to sleep on.  or if it is too short, skip the water and just put a little conditioner and a plastic cap under your scarf. in the morning put a little oil (olive, coconut, castor) on the ends. HTH

DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:44pm
Hello Hydration isn't cone-free, but it is a good conditioner. Have you tried shea butter? You may want to seal with some.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 12:58pm
Thanks everybodyBig smile.
Like I said, I just bought this cantu shea butter (like, yesterday afternoon) so I want to see how it works on my hair before I write it off, but I will remember to seal.

Last night I twisted my hair, and now my ends feel moisturized, but they're still roughAngry
MissyPooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissyPooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 1:51pm
Been there and almost had my stylist cut them off but she said they weren't split so she wouldn't cut. I got the same advice these ladies said to you, moisturize and seal. I did that several times a week for one month straight and went from
this

to this

sorry to post pics in your thread, just wanted to show the dramatic difference lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2011 at 2:23pm
ShockedCryClapThere's hope!!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style