It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
eb0nie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Quick Weave
    Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 10:33am
Hey Ladies,

I received my Hype Hair Magazine in the mail and decided to actually READ it instead of just looking at the pictures Embarrassed. There were some examples of quickweaves and they kept saying "protective strips" which I found out were those white wraping papers used to mode down the hair under the dryer.

(Sorry no pics but I will try to be decriptive as possible)

This may not be new but its the first time I seen a quickweave done w/o that nasty gel mode.

The hair was braided back in cornrows, then a stocking cap was put over the head. The lady then placed a paper towel over the ladies head (a paper towel? is what I was thinking when I read this-- so much for "protective strips" lol) Next, the lady put another stocking cap over the paper towel to hold it in place and also to protect the hair from the adhesive.  Lastly, she proceeded to complete the quick weave.

I was trying to think of the pros and cons of that paper towel I mean "protective strip" being in between the stocking caps... since its only supposed to be worn for no longer than 2 weeks I guess its no mildew alerts but scratching your head would be a pain I would think. 

What do you guys think? Has anyone done it this way before? (Im going to try it, but  yanno opinions is always a good thing)  

Edited by eb0nie - Aug 31 2007 at 10:34am
Sponsored Links

crzy4hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 10:56am
sounds interesting, but I just refuse to use bonding glue in my hair anymore, I've lost hair so many times trying to do a quick weave
wvekre8shons View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 11:16am
I would think after its completely dry...you can remove it and put it back on...it becomes a WIG...thats what i thought you were suppose to do..i have seen this method before
"just refuse to use bonding glue in my hair anymore"No glue gets on your hair if you apply the stocking cap then the paper towels then the other stocking cap...i would think..there woudlnt be a way for the glue to seep thru all of that
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 3:07pm
I have had quick weaves before and I had the Sanex protective strips under the stocking cap cap to protect against the seepage of glue.

I have seen the stocking cap weave done with a paper towel barrier before. I agree that the style is not to be work more than 2 weeks because anything more than that would cause your hair to sweat and itch under the weave which is a recipe for scalp fungus.

Edited by njhairluv - Aug 31 2007 at 3:07pm
MzKoKoNY View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 4:43pm
i've seen quick weaves done with the paper towel before and it's supposed to be a barrier between the glue and you're actual hair...it's to catch any glue and stop it from seeping through and onto you're own hair...

the paper towel is the method used by some stylists over the neck strips because the paper towel gives you more coverage as opposed to the neck strips just going along the hairline...although there might be stylists that layer the strips to cover the whole head...

i've used a shower cap then the stocking cap and glue the tracks on the stocking cap...when done the quickweave can be removed and worn as a wig...and the shower cap catches any glue that might seep through
MSCUDDLES View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2007 at 6:45pm
I co-sign what MzKoKO said

this is how I use to do mine when i use to make them . I would let the wig fully dry on my head to allow it to take the shape and size of my head ...once completely dried the cap is removed the shower cap removed and the quick weave is now a quick wig....some people however wear it like this for a few days (with the paper barrier) and then remove it for guarenteed fit

Now I just buy the weave net and make my instant weaves ..by sewing the wigs last forever...especially if u use good hairWink 

i havent been able to keep hair sewed on my head for more than two weeks since i started this back in 2001
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 9:13am
SO how do you care for your hair washing and conditioning a such?
msmack1970 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 9:18am
With all of that on the head (stocking cap, papertowels, shower cap, etc.)...that doesn't make the weave look bulky? Natures - I think with a quickweave, there is no washing of the hair...because of the glue, etc. I would think it would be a mess to deal with when wet. I've never done nor had one so that's just my guesstimate LOL. I would like to know as well because I have a client that insists that I do one for her....I run from glue.

Edited by msmack1970 - Feb 07 2008 at 9:22am
sxcctee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 9:26am
I have never heard of this method but I have seen where people put the shower cap on and place the stocking cap over the plastic cap and glue the weave to the stocking cap and let it dry and then pull the plastic cap from under the stocking cap and make a wig.
Kenudle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2008 at 11:30am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

SO how do you care for your hair washing and conditioning a such?

I dont think you wash your hair for the two weeks that the style is installed
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic