Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Dry Hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BriaInterlude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriaInterlude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Hair
    Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 4:38pm
My hair for the longest time has always felt dry. I am transitioning to natural and its been 6 months since I relaxed ( Sept 21) and to me it always feels dry to me. I dont know if its in my head because people touch my hair and say its soft but when i touch it it feels ruff. My edges are the worst because they are dry and  soak up water fast and the very back of my head as well. I dont know what to do to finally get my hair moisturized. I have done a protein treatment for the month but that didnt help. I moisturized my hair with the Shea moisture's styling milk( as a daily moisturizer)  but that is too light for me apparently. I bought kanechom goat milk and silicon mix to deep condition my hair to help in moisturizing my hair. I haven't tried it yet but I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I always deep condition my hair every wash day, and it feels moisturized then but when its like daily my hair feels dry. I will admit I barely moisturize and seal because I dont know how to apply it to my head. and I cant find a good moisturizer for my hair. I have used qp elastic mango butter moisturizer but I dislike it because it weighs down my hair a little and it has parebens and I am trying to avoid that. Please help. 
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by BriaInterlude BriaInterlude wrote:

My hair for the longest time has always felt dry. I am transitioning to natural and its been 6 months since I relaxed ( Sept 21) and to me it always feels dry to me. I dont know if its in my head because people touch my hair and say its soft but when i touch it it feels ruff. My edges are the worst because they are dry and  soak up water fast and the very back of my head as well. I dont know what to do to finally get my hair moisturized. I have done a protein treatment for the month but that didnt help. I moisturized my hair with the Shea moisture's styling milk( as a daily moisturizer)  but that is too light for me apparently. I bought kanechom goat milk and silicon mix to deep condition my hair to help in moisturizing my hair. I haven't tried it yet but I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I always deep condition my hair every wash day, and it feels moisturized then but when its like daily my hair feels dry. I will admit I barely moisturize and seal because I dont know how to apply it to my head. and I cant find a good moisturizer for my hair. I have used qp elastic mango butter moisturizer but I dislike it because it weighs down my hair a little and it has parebens and I am trying to avoid that. Please help. 

your natural hair is low porosity, and all of your relaxed hair is acting like low porosity since you use silicones and proteins. This isn't necessarily a bad thing for your relaxed ends, you just need to make sure these are properly being removed after you wash your hair next, so it still functions as a sealant, and not a moisture blocker. You natural hair however, may not like it so much. Everything you have described is a sign of low porosity hair. See post, Max Hydration Method. Look through the post because there is important information and before and after testimony throughout. I'm not sure if you can do the gel step, but you can implement clarifying and deep conditioning. Since your hair still is partially relaxed, and therefore partially high porous, you will need to adjust some things but it should still work. keep deep conditioning with something that has a mild protein, and use it as leave in conditioner as well. limit your use of silicones to water soluable. You also can't do a wash and go b/c of two textures, but you can due the steps and end with a set style that you will stretch throughout the week-- while you are transitioning. I think the main issue here is you need to make sure you are properly clarifying, and also only using water soluable silicones in your hair.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937.html

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 16 2014 at 6:25pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:37am
Try the LOC ( liquid, oil, and cream) method it can be used on wet and dry hair....instead of the milk use the curl enhancing smoothie you could still use the milk for your liquid and oils like castor or extra virgin olive oil then use the smoothie as the cream...make sure all your products are designed to moisturize the hair.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Try the LOC ( liquid, oil, and cream) method it can be used on wet and dry hair....instead of the milk use the curl enhancing smoothie you could still use the milk for your liquid and oils like castor or extra virgin olive oil then use the smoothie as the cream...make sure all your products are designed to moisturize the hair.

When you use the LOC method, make sure the order is LCO not LOC. Otherwise the conditioner(water based) is not getting sealed in, it's getting sealed out. LCO can be done instead of gel with the method i posted.

here are some links to my testimony pictures:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page8.html

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page22.html

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 17 2014 at 11:05am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style