Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dry hair

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Miami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry hair
    Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:37pm
I wanted to get some tips/advice on keeping my hair moisturized.
I've been natural for 1.5yrs now and for the first year I mostly wore my hair braided and wore a weave. But now I want to grow my edges out so am doing just protective styles.
I'm noticing that my hair is hard to keep moisturized and seems always dry and brittle. My normal routine is a cowash once every two weeks or a deep conditioner. Then my hair dries so fast and doesn't hold the water so I squirt it with a water bottle add virgin olive oil then double stand braid it for two weeks and periodically use olive oil over the braids or dax hair oil and Castor oil on the edges. But my hair is still dry and brittle by the nextday.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 1:59am
work with pure glycerine, water, castor oil, olive oil mixed TWICE /day and no heat
Catrice26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catrice26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 6:37pm
^^^^^, I love glycerin and water too, it is bomb. I put mines on about 5 minutes before I get in the shower, and let the steam moisturize my hair.
thathair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thathair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 1:42pm
Try to deep conditioning with Aubrey Orgnics honeysuckle conditioner
and also use scurl no drip as a leavin and moisturizer
thewiglady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewiglady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Miami Miami wrote:

I've been natural for 1.5yrs now and for the first year I mostly wore my hair braided and wore a weave. But now I want to grow my edges out so am doing just protective styles.
I'm noticing that my hair is hard to keep moisturized and seems always dry and brittle. My normal routine is a cowash once every two weeks or a deep conditioner. Then my hair dries so fast and doesn't hold the water so I squirt it with a water bottle add virgin olive oil then double stand braid it for two weeks and periodically use olive oil over the braids or dax hair oil and Castor oil on the edges. But my hair is still dry and brittle by the nextday.

Hi Buddy,

Keeping natural hair moisturized is a lot less daunting once you understand your hair's relationship to water and its drying cycle.

Once your hair is introduced to water, the goal is to lock in moisture and hold on to it for as long as possible while it dries. Then, the goal is to re-hydrate the hair before it has the opportunity to dry out completely.
    Most people run into problems because they:
  • Dry it out initially through the use of harsh shampoos or consistent exposure to direct heat
  • Use products that do not condition or nourish the hair effectively
  • Use products or techniques that fail to lock in moisture as it dries.

The end result is consistently parched hair that looks and feels dry to the touch.

Thanks.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2013 at 8:05am
Originally posted by thewiglady thewiglady wrote:

Originally posted by Miami Miami wrote:

Hi Buddy,

Keeping natural hair moisturized is a lot less daunting once you understand your hair's relationship to water and its drying cycle.

Once your hair is introduced to water, the goal is to lock in moisture and hold on to it for as long as possible while it dries. Then, the goal is to re-hydrate the hair before it has the opportunity to dry out completely.
    Most people run into problems because they:
  • Dry it out initially through the use of harsh shampoos or consistent exposure to direct heat
  • Use products that do not condition or nourish the hair effectively
  • Use products or techniques that fail to lock in moisture as it dries.

The end result is consistently parched hair that looks and feels dry to the touch.

Thanks.

Confused
this is the second time i read the above as an answer to a question on here

http://www.healthytextures.com/articles/20121206_1

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions