Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboni1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 7:17am
deep condition under a steam,er 2x per week .apply cream leave in daily at night
Sponsored Links

dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 4:25pm
This winter my hair is very dry and I cowash with tressemme moisture rich and use ACV as my last rinse and this always helps.
flowerprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowerprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2011 at 12:50pm
I also have very dry hair. No matter what I do my hair is still dry and dull looking. I deep condition my hair every week & wash my hair every week and do a co-wash with a conditioner. Angry Nothing seems to help. I have relaxed hair and am now thinking that maybe I need to change the products that I use or my hair routine. As far as moisturizing lotions, I can't find one that works for me. I tried the Pink Lotion, but that product made my hair look like a greased pig.LOL
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by flowerprincess flowerprincess wrote:

I also have very dry hair. No matter what I do my hair is still dry and dull looking. I deep condition my hair every week & wash my hair every week and do a co-wash with a conditioner. Angry Nothing seems to help. I have relaxed hair and am now thinking that maybe I need to change the products that I use or my hair routine. As far as moisturizing lotions, I can't find one that works for me. I tried the Pink Lotion, but that product made my hair look like a greased pig.LOL

You def need to put that pink devil down and find a new moisturizer. What do you DC and co-wash with???
boomboom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomboom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 4:14pm
ladygem, try using a sulfate free shampoo. i know some moisturizing shampoos have sulfates in them, which is counter productive to really dry hair.
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by boomboom boomboom wrote:

ladygem, try using a sulfate free shampoo. i know some moisturizing shampoos have sulfates in them, which is counter productive to really dry hair.

I do use a sulfate free shampoo, CON (green) and I clarify every six weeks.
shaniaisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaniaisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 4:25pm
My hair is EXTREMELY dry this winter...and it's thick, so I can relate! After I wash and condition, seems it's like it's only soft for an hour or so :(

BUT! :)
I have found that deep conditioning with Hollywood Beauty's Olive Cholesterol weekly after a shampoo and baggying my ends at night leaves my hair feeling GREAT. 

I applied the cholesterol after a shampoo Monday afternoon and slept with it in my hair (shower cap). Rinsed it out in the morning and applied a leave in, my hair STILL feels great today (Wednesday). 

I spray my ends with water at night and put grease on them and tie plastic baggies on them. The next day, for the whole day my ends are nice and soft as well.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 4:38pm
I have only just started to pay attention to my hair now that I've noticed the dryness and breakage.
I have been natural for about 10 yrs, but covering the gray with Drug Store box colors has caused quite a bit of damageCry.  Today I moisturized, then applied Coconut & Olive oil to the ends, and I am wearing a plastic cap. I will have to develop a routine, and let you all know how this is working for me. 
 I am not much of a product junkie, at least not yet Wink.  I am learning so much since joining BHM.

ClapClap
Lady Gem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2011 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by shaniaisha shaniaisha wrote:

My hair is EXTREMELY dry this winter...and it's thick, so I can relate! After I wash and condition, seems it's like it's only soft for an hour or so :(

BUT! :)
I have found that deep conditioning with Hollywood Beauty's Olive Cholesterol weekly after a shampoo and baggying my ends at night leaves my hair feeling GREAT. 

I applied the cholesterol after a shampoo Monday afternoon and slept with it in my hair (shower cap). Rinsed it out in the morning and applied a leave in, my hair STILL feels great today (Wednesday). 

I spray my ends with water at night and put grease on them and tie plastic baggies on them. The next day, for the whole day my ends are nice and soft as well.

I was told that I should try a Cholestorol conditioner. I will try one! Baggying helps me out as well but I don't like the wet feeling so I don't do it overnight. I baggy my whole head for maybe an hour or 2 when the dryness is too much.

These days I'm trying to drink even more water than I do.  I don't know if its helping yet.
flowerprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowerprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Lady Gem Lady Gem wrote:

Originally posted by flowerprincess flowerprincess wrote:

You def need to put that pink devil down and find a new moisturizer. What do you DC and co-wash with???

I use Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol Deep Conditioning Cream Enriched With Carrot Oil. I usually put jojoba oil, olive oil, and castrol oil in it. I co-wash with White Rain Coconut conditioner. Just started using the Lustrasilk, went to the beauty supply store and just picked this one out. There were so many deep conditioners there that I could not decide which one was best. As far as moisturizers, still trying to find one.  Can't believe that I wasted money on the Pink Lotion and it was suppose to be the new & improved one.LOL
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic