Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Care Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDry Hair Remedy..Curl Activator!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
esparra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dry Hair Remedy..Curl Activator!!!
    Posted: Sep 19 2007 at 8:04am
I for one am sporting an afro and I normally wear it in a twist out....I use Fantasia PC Gel for Dry Hair bc the gel gives my hair a coily look and makes it a little kinkier...which really works if my hair is completely dry before I twist it...if not its still a little to soft for my liking...

but using it in the front of my hair when I slick it back everyday to put my band on was causing flaking and mid week I would either have to re wash my whole head or just re wash the front where the gel was flaking

so over the weekend I decided to try curl activator...I just twisted my hair with that....my hair came out so freaking soft. The twists didnt harden like they do when I just use the gel...

so I was like ok let me re-twist my hair now that its completely dry to see if the curls stiffen up....nope they didnt!!!

so for you ladies out there who want soft, moisturized hair....CURL ACTIVATOR...the one in the jar with the blue top I forget the name. It makes your hair shine as well. I still have curls but they are softer than I like...I personally think when you are wearing the afro...the kinkier your hair looks the prettier...

but now my hair feels like I just got a roller set....mind you...dont do it twice like i did bc it can start to feel sticky....so if you try to use it when you are doing your twist out...just do it once...the curls have lasted a few days without me having to re twist my hair...

I just thought if you are having a dry hair issue this may be a solution...it doesnt hurt to try...its only $3.99 at the BSS. I now just plan to use in in the front of my hair when Im slicking it back for my head band..give it a little wave pattern and shine!!

Happy Nappy!!Tongue
Sponsored Links

Micheli07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2007 at 11:48pm
ah thanks for the info.  sounds like a great idea...and i just happen to have a big jar of curl activator with a blue lid sitting in my closet...
Micheli07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 2:57pm
i twisted with ca last night after a fresh wash and my twists are awesome!!  and soft!!  thanks again for the heads up.
now let me give you one:  www.alaffia.com

the enriched leave in hair lotion is the bomb!
mstoya25 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 3:12pm
Anything that makes hair too  soft I need to try....
miss_westindies View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2007 at 6:46pm
Amen to this any kind of curl thing works I reckon, lotion, instant activator even sta-sof-fro...I just love the candyfloss soft hair ti gives!
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic